Porsche Macan Forum banner

161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Well I didn't hear this all summer and when it started getting cool again I heard it. I'm almost certain it's related to running the heater. It only started coming up again as temperatures dropped below 70 degrees, and if I turn off the climate control system the noise seems to go away. Doesn't really bother me, but just wanted to post an update here for anyone looking into the issue.
Lol... haven’t heard mine all summer either... And I SWEAR I heard it faintly the other day. IMO, it is definitely related to temps (and/or heater? Cannot remember if mine was on or not).

I’m pretty used to it now tho; I don’t really care anymore. I only notice it at stoplights with the radio off, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe it is already late to revive this thread, but it is more for those who can be interested.

I have a brand new Macan S and looks like even this newly developed engine has such a flaw: strange periodic vibrations at low RPMs and barely noticeable instability of the idle RPMs.

Will go to the dealer by the end of November and ask them to take a closer look at what is happening. Will update the thread having gotten some news.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The dealership's technician said that +-30-40 RPM fluctuations is "a totally normal situation for V6-es". Despite the fact that I do not quite agree with this, I see no reason to bother. I doubt that other dealers will say something completely different. Looking for an absolutely unbiased side could become too expensive.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
I have this exact intermittent vibration noise you posted in the video.

I had it all summer with no heat on, don’t think it is the heater.....wTF does it come from ????

2016 Macan T

·
Registered
3 Posts
A quick update: seems like after ~1500 miles after the car purchase, the RPM instability has gone either if the engine is cold or hot. I would even say that the overall engine vibration level has also noticeably decreased

Overall, I think all these are the engine break-in period’s manifestations

161 - 166 of 166 Posts