Porsche Macan Forum banner

121 - 140 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
So when i brought the car in for some rattle noises, the dealer noticed similar chirping sound coming from engine as described in this thread, and asked to keep my car for investigation.

After 2 weeks they called me and left voice mail stating its fixed, the problem was exactly the same as described by Uigun Akhmedov. I'm on vacation right now but will get the car back next week and report back!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Any updates on this?

So when i brought the car in for some rattle noises, the dealer noticed similar chirping sound coming from engine as described in this thread, and asked to keep my car for investigation.

After 2 weeks they called me and left voice mail stating its fixed, the problem was exactly the same as described by Uigun Akhmedov. I'm on vacation right now but will get the car back next week and report back!

·
Registered
108 Posts

Just wondering if the fuel pump fix was it and the noise has not come back? Mine is going in next week for something else and would like to get this tackled as well.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Just wondering if the fuel pump fix was it and the noise has not come back? Mine is going in next week for something else and would like to get this tackled as well.
I'm interested also. On mine it sounds like the A/C compressor.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm interested also. On mine it sounds like the A/C compressor.
I had two noise issues...one was a whine/howl when warm out and a chirping/fluttering noise (more noticeable when colder out). The whine/howl would stop when hitting the AC button (turning it off). Service replaced the AC compressor two weeks ago and that has not come back but the chirping/fluttering noise is still there and is sometimes heard when the AC button is off so I don't think it's AC related. I am guessing it's the fuel pump per the previous posts but would like to see if it really did fix it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had two noise issues...one was a whine/howl when warm out and a chirping/fluttering noise (more noticeable when colder out). The whine/howl would stop when hitting the AC button (turning it off). Service replaced the AC compressor two weeks ago and that has not come back but the chirping/fluttering noise is still there and is sometimes heard when the AC button is off so I don't think it's AC related. I am guessing it's the fuel pump per the previous posts but would like to see if it really did fix it.
I also hear an A/C compressor whine when AC is on during the summer, but I thought it's normal and characteristic of the AC system in general along with more vibration.
Is the whine completely gone for you? It's cold here so I keep my A/C compressor off but I guess I'll turn it on to see how loud it is.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is the whine completely gone for you? It's cold here so I keep my A/C compressor off but I guess I'll turn it on to see how loud it is.
Since my compressor was replaced, it has not happened. It is cooler out now but we did have a handful of warmer sunny days since it was replaced so I do think it's likely that was fixed with the compressor replacement. Mine was pretty consistent if it was sunny and 65 or warmer and it was very noticeable.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Since my compressor was replaced, it has not happened. It is cooler out now but we did have a handful of warmer sunny days since it was replaced so I do think it's likely that was fixed with the compressor replacement. Mine was pretty consistent if it was sunny and 65 or warmer and it was very noticeable.
Good to hear it's fixed. I'll bring it up at the next service visit. I wonder if the compressor design is updated because others also reported hearing the whining noise especially during low speed driving.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Good to hear it's fixed. I'll bring it up at the next service visit. I wonder if the compressor design is updated because others also reported hearing the whining noise especially during low speed driving.
It definitely seems to be a number of people have this issue and I see complaints from 2016 and 2017 owners (not sure about earlier owners). You have to wonder if some of the replacements will also have this issue since the noise is still showing up on 2017 builds like mine.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
A well known cause of squeaks and chirps (chirps are very short duration squeaks) is the interface between the accessory belt and the AC pulley. If there is even a slight slipping, that resonates in the pulley and causes chirps or squeaks. Typically when cold and/or when the AC cycles on.

I assume that this well known issues has been eliminated? Sure changing the compressor might fix it but so would changing the whole car! Shotgun mechanics some times works but at huge wasted cost. I assume the belt tensioner is preset so that is not an option but changing the belt and cleaning the pulley surfaces might help?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I assume that this well known issues has been eliminated? Sure changing the compressor might fix it but so would changing the whole car! Shotgun mechanics some times works but at huge wasted cost. I assume the belt tensioner is preset so that is not an option but changing the belt and cleaning the pulley surfaces might help?
My AC compressor was not replaced due to a chirp...it was whining and they concluded it was compressor related. My chirping/fluttering noise has not been resolved yet...will be taking it in again next week for that. Per earlier posts in this thread, it seems that noise was a fuel pump issue...we will see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same noise on my 15 Macan S. Turned out it was one of the fuel pumps (right bank of the engine). Was replaced under warranty. All good.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
part number for parts is 94611031561 high pressure pump

Dealer notes on invoice:

verified the ticking noise from the engine. found coming from the high pressure fuel pump on bank1, can feel it in the pump. performed a val on the vehicle and checked the fault memory, ordered a new pump , line and lifter to rear the vehicle. removed and replaced the pump once arrived. reset the fuel high pressure adaptation and road tested vehicle . verified the noise is gone. / done.

These kinds of posts are the best. That idle chirping was one of the worst parts of my Macan ownership. Not accepatable for a high priced automobile. The dealers telling me it was normal was a complete joke. Having the parts # and work order available here for current and future members is invaluable. Great post.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
52 Posts
My noise sounded like a faint message that needed to be decoded by the CIA. Had my 4.0 nav updated and it seems to have gone away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chirping sound at 1100 rpm is from front exhaust downpipes (sounds like it's coming from the back though). I just had my 2015 Macan Turbo repaired today under warranty ($1200.00 worth of exhaust down pipes). There is a Porsche tech bulletin describing it that the dealer should have available to them.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Chirping sound at 1100 rpm is from front exhaust downpipes (sounds like it's coming from the back though). I just had my 2015 Macan Turbo repaired today under warranty ($1200.00 worth of exhaust down pipes). There is a Porsche tech bulletin describing it that the dealer should have available to them.
Can you post the service write up please?

·
Registered
2017 Macan Turbo
51 Posts
Hi, has anyone experienced this lately or had it repaired? I think I may have this issue in my 2015 S. I get this odd chirping/whiring noise at just a hair under 1200 rpm in higher gears when coasting or gently accelerating after coasting, it goes away as the needle passes 1200 and again just a hair below and then gone. I can’t really describe it, the best I can explain is a blender with a bearing that is starting to sqeal/whine. I took it to he dealer and they could not replicate it, but of course I can make it happen on demand. Next time in I will take them out on a test drive. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you. Oh, my car has almost 72,000km and this noise is fairly recent.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, has anyone experienced this lately or had it repaired? I think I may have this issue in my 2015 S. I get this odd chirping/whiring noise at just a hair under 1200 rpm in higher gears when coasting or gently accelerating after coasting, it goes away as the needle passes 1200 and again just a hair below and then gone. I can’t really describe it, the best I can explain is a blender with a bearing that is starting to sqeal/whine. I took it to he dealer and they could not replicate it, but of course I can make it happen on demand. Next time in I will take them out on a test drive. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you. Oh, my car has almost 72,000km and this noise is fairly recent.

I have the exact same problem, 2015 Macan S, 52k miles. Twitter and chirping at 1200 rpm. Regardless of gear.

121 - 140 of 166 Posts