Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts
Errr.. Is there translation? Might this just be because Holland won't receive many allocations so folks are stuck in the queue?

I expect my Macan in June and no netherlander is gonna tell me different.

;)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Extremely long delivery Porsche Macan
by editorial Autovisie
AMSTERDAM -

Buyers of a new Porsche Macan should take into account an extremely long delivery time. It may take until the crossover is at the door . Even a year

Porsche Macan Photo : Porsche
350 EN 2014

Netherlands gets this year 350 copies , of which more than half is sold. Quick decision makers fully benefit from even faster delivery . But once those 350 units are sold , are expected to be very soon , the importer is the delivery time on extreme . It may even take 8 to 12 months before the Porsche Macan delivers , so let the brand Autovisie know .
Leipzig

Porsche builds the Macan in the German factory in Leipzig, where the Cayenne and Panamera see the light . The automaker calls an annual production of 50,000 for the Macan , but this number may increase to meet the demand. It goes , however, at the cost of production space for the Cayenne and Panamera , Porsche reports . The German car manufacturer builds the Macan three shifts a day .
modest

Porsche is modest to the outside world with an annual production of 50,000 units called because internally has long been established that the carmaker higher sales expectations of the Macan and therefore 60,000 units in a full year would produce .

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts
Okay well, nothing new. You miss the 2015 allocations, you wait a year. . .

Thanks chylld.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered mine (diesel) a few weeks ago in Belgium and will be delivered in May ! If you order now they deliver in November..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, in May already! You must be a very lucky person to have such a short time between ordering and delivery :). I am now waiting for the launch invitation, which is at the beginning of April.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My eaxample in Germany:
Signed a Macan S Diesel early Jul 14, delivery slot is in Feb 15.
Dealers seem to have contingents per month, maybe depending on ealier sales volume and/or dealer size.
Another dealer i.e. had a slot not earlier than May 15 at that time.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Ordered mine in July, 2014 and expect delivery by end of March, 2015 (approx. 8 months)

I am located in Vancouver, Canada.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ordered mine mid June and expect delivery early December (approx. 6 months).

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Ordered August 2014, told to expect delivery in Jan or Feb, 2014

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ordered mine last June 20 and given a "confirmed" DD "around early September".

Since joining this forum it dawned on me that I was not exempt from the torture of false hopes so I shot my SA an email last week.

After some dithering here's his reply:

Thank you for your patience while I gather this information for you. As requested here is a copy of your configuration. You are correct in hearing of some delays with the Macan deliveries we were just recently give an eta of December 26th for the delivery of your Macan S.

I recognize that is later than the anticipated but we have received fewer cars than originally thought.

Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. I am here to help.

Kind Regards,
If this is true then 6 months should be an ok wait the for US market then? I guess I should count myself lucky...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Orders of the S Diesel seem to take drastically longer, as this engine is heavily demanded in countries where the diesel is available.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ordered an S on Aug 8. My build schedule, as of last week, says it hits the mfgr line 9/19, exits production line 9/26, is complete 10/3 and is at the dealer 12/12!!!! Slow boat!!!!

Dave
Sierra Vista, AZ

·
Registered
503 Posts
Ordered August 2014, told to expect delivery in Jan or Feb, 2014
Ordered an S on Aug 8. My build schedule, as of last week, says it hits the mfgr line 9/19, exits production line 9/26, is complete 10/3 and is at the dealer 12/12!!!! Slow boat!!!!

Dave
Sierra Vista, AZ
Two very different timings there in the US.

I ordered mine (Petrol S) on the 8/8 and have been told to expect it around Jan/Feb.

Haven't got a confirmed build date yet.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts