Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 390 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the expected delivery date for a new 2020 Macan S if we order this month? Is it 1-3 months or more than 3months?

·
Registered
956 Posts
That is not something we can answer. Your dealer will be able to tell you what allocations they have and when they expect the cars. That said, a lot of people confuse the dealer "locating" them a car to meet their specs with "ordering" a car. If you are truly doing a custom order, that can take anywhere from 75ish days if the dealer has an allocation that is about to lock that you can jump on out to 120 days if it is an allocation that has been forecast but is not yet close to locking. Bottom line, there is no such thing as "ordering" a Porsche and getting it in less than 2.5 months. 90 days is typical.
Also, buyer beware that a lot of dealers, if they can't switch you to buying a car off the lot or taking an incoming 2019 car, will happily take your deposit and give you some B.S. delivery date even if they don't have an allocation. They will just string you along, keep your deposit and it might take up to 6 months for your car to arrive. I am not saying this is standard operating procedure for Porsche dealers but it certainly goes on.
Finally, the 2019 model year for the Macan in the U.S. has been a disaster. The car was slated to roll out late as it was and then cars got delayed at the port for some regulatory reason or another. The first deliveries were just this week or late last week. That is nearly halfway through the year! I would not be surprised if Porsche North America holds the 2020s back a wee bit to help the dealers move the 2019 inventory that will be sitting on their lots.
Bottom line: there are a lot of factors affecting when you could see your ordered 2020 car, find a good salesperson that is upfront and honest and they can guide you through the process. A good sales rep has no incentive to mislead you because he wants your repeat business and referrals. Good luck if you go through with the ordering process. I ordered my Macan S back when the car was brand new and it was a fun process and it was very nice to get a car just the way I wanted it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m hearing dates like Late August to September.

So, wondering if it aligns with the current lock & freeze dates for 2020 Macan S?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2020 Macan S allocation and was told 90-120 days. My build is supposed to start on 7/5 with delivery scheduled for mid to late August. (I’m doing the Atlanta PEC so wont take possession of it until late September)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even without the PEC delivery, it’s close to 3-Months(90 days) ?

I didn’t go with PEC as it will add additional 3-4 weeks

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2020 Macan S - If Order Date is 06/10 , Delivery in September/October?

Hello All,

My 2020 Porsche Macan S order date is 06/10. I heard from my SA that, the production completion date is Aug. 30th and dealership will get the Car sometime in September or October.

It does seem too long..,Any comments?

Thanks!

·
Registered
956 Posts
A dealer is not like Target selling toaster ovens where you can order one to the store and pick it up in a week because there is essentially no practical limit to how many toaster ovens Hamilton Beach can crank out. A dealer needs to have an allocation for a car. You are 'ordering' the car through the dealer but you are really just getting in that dealer's line of people waiting for Macan S's. If everything is timed perfectly, you can spec a car one day, the order can lock the next and you can have your car in about 60 days. You have been told about 120 days because the dealer is waiting for the allocation to open up.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Info I got so far is..,Order was locked-in and the status for the Production builds & Completions are all same at the end of Aug. last week. They even pointed out that - Porsche Factory Summer Closure in August & so the delay.

Not sure..,what to expect now 😞

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
The Info I got so far is..,Order was locked-in and the status for the Production builds & Completions are all same at the end of Aug. last week. They even pointed out that - Porsche Factory Summer Closure in August & so the delay.....
Typically the dealership lock date is one month prior to start of build, and the Porsche factory freeze date is 2 weeks before the start of build.

It's not clear to me whether the reported August summer holiday closure is really a full closure, or just a reduction in shifts. My guess is, it's the later.

My recommendation is you wait until early August, and then ask your SA to give you a copy of the current build schedule for your car. Hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Best of luck with your upcoming build!

·
Registered
43 Posts
My 2020 Macan S Completed the manufacturing process on June 17 and has been at the Port since June 19, now waiting for loading into the ship. Delivery date is still expected to be mid August (the15th) but could be earlier depending on whether or not the vehicle gets into a ship earlier.I placed my order in mid May. Will know some more information hopefully in the next two weeks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 2020 Macan S Completed the manufacturing process on June 17 and has been at the Port since June 19, now waiting for loading into the ship. Delivery date is still expected to be mid August (the15th) but could be earlier depending on whether or not the vehicle gets into a ship earlier.I placed my order in mid May. Will know some more information hopefully in the next two weeks.
My wife's car is going to be on the same boat as yours. It was completed June 18th, at Port Emden June 20, and expected exit July 12 with entry to Port Benicia August 16.

·
Registered
40 Posts
@splatwd

U have ordered mid of May & the delivery time-frame is August-Mid?

Can you please let us know your lock & freeze dates?
We finalized our order on May 29th, which was also the change freeze point. We were told that our car should be here around the first week of September. Our SA is a very passionate car guy and told us he would send us the smallest update as soon as he got any information. So far, we haven't heard anything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hello all im new to the forum coming from bmw! i ordered my macan s middle of june and i was told it will be delivered first week of september. it was locked-in for production june 18 schedule to go on production july 5 with completion date of july 12. it will leave port of emden aug 2 and arrive in halifax aug 16.
best to talk to your SA and they should be able to give you a real time update via porsche sales & vehicle management program.

1 - 20 of 390 Posts