Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Macan GTS Carbon Ceramic Breaks
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey I am new to the forums but I had to share this with you guys. I wanted the sound of a muffler delete but also wanted to keep it civilized when I wanted. Now with the Y pipes installed I have control to go from civilized to GT sounding with a flick of a switch. I got everything from Summit Racing and the clamps too. No Welding required just cutting some of the exhaust. I put my switch where the cigaret lighter is and tapped into the power of that. Ran the wires through were the gear shift wire get ran through so no drilling was required. Ran the wires from the cutouts to the cabin through the heat shielding on the underside of the car so everything is away from the elements as much as possible. I took whole Sunday from 9 am to around 6 pm ( and a lunch break of course) with my friend who is a mechanic and me working on it in my garage.

The sound is amazing so many pops and burbles. I had Flat 6 make me a burble tune and these made the tune sound super good.

Any questions just ask I am happy to answer or if you want more pics

Some pictures are below of what they look like

Link to Dropbox Video. Video was to big to post directly. Let me know if you guys have any trouble viewing it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, me too, would love to see a video! I'm exploring exhaust options and used to have cutouts on an old F250 which roared, would love to hear on a Macan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, me too, would love to see a video! I'm exploring exhaust options and used to have cutouts on an old F250 which roared, would love to hear on a Macan.
Ya definitely I will get a video up for you guys soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
This is awesome. Do you have the porsche sport exhaust with factory valves? or no?
Yes I do I have PSE so I got 3 Exhaust modes factory closed, factory open, and cut outs open. I will get a video of all the modes in action soon.

It makes the PSE sound like Childs play compared to the cutouts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts