Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just purchased 2020 GTS and was wondering if it's possible to program the car so when I start the car the exhaust button defaults on. I see it's possible for some of the other option but the exhaust doesn't seem to remember to stay on.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
What about programing your diamond button for the exhaust? I had my 2018 GTS diamond button programed for surround view, so I don't know if the exhaust is even an option for the diamond button, but it might be worth a peek to see. Sorry I can't be much help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried the diamond button for the exhaust but didn't see it listed as an option. I read some older threads and it appears it's not possible which is strange because you can for ride height.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
First off, a cold start up for the first 20 seconds or so is plenty loud enough for the neighbors, but if you want the PSE on at start up, all you have to do is just turn the ignition on one click to the right without starting, activate the PSE button, then put your foot on the brake pedal and start the engine.

Reactions: mplgaus and Daya

·
Registered
343 Posts
Definitely a programmable option on my ‘17 GTS. But like previous poster said, I turn my key halfway, hit the sport plus button and then start the car. I use my paddles all the time so I baby the car until my oil is up to temp

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a great idea turn the key halfway. Thanks all I appreciate the suggestions.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the diamond button on my 2018 GTS programed for PSE. Not sure about setting it for startup though.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
How'd you do that?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wife's 2019 Macan S has the factory OEM upgraded sport exhaust. It is quiet in, "off" position (factory default). In, "on" position, it sounds proper. Asked the Porsche dealer if can be set to default, "on"? Their reply was no....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the diamond button on my 2018 GTS programed for PSE. Not sure about setting it for startup though.
What does that provide you if you program the diamond button for PSE? When the car starts does the diamond button automatically engage the PSE button?

·
Registered
38 Posts
What does that provide you if you program the diamond button for PSE? When the car starts does the diamond button automatically engage the PSE button?
It simply makes it more convenient. It isn’t automatic. You still have to manually hit the button. But it’s next to my thumb instead of the middle of the other side of the console.

You can program the diamond for most other button functions. I just like the sound better. Sounds like sport mode without the extra RPMs (and fuel consumption). Mine is a GTS, so it already wakes up sounding angry. I just prefer the snarl.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Was looking for this on my 2020 GTS. My wife's 2015 Panamera GTS has the button store it's memory so it's always on for her. For me i just flip the wheel to the Individual settings and start it up. Then at least it's always on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts