Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting this error code, typically on cold start up. If I turn the car off and on again it goes away. Dealer says they have never seen this before and the tech recommends replacing the turbos. 2017 Macan Base with 66k miles. Wanted to check the forums if anyone had any input before I shell out 3500.

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
......Wanted to check the forums if anyone had any input before I shell out 3500.
Bummer to hear about this. I don't recall this issue coming up before on this forum.

Given that the car is not very old, and just out of warranty; and the dealership doesn't sound confident the turbos are the issue; I would recommend contacting Porsche NA and opening a complaint ticket with them. I would think there's a good chance of getting some good will assistance on troubleshooting and parts.

If you have other dealerships or high-end independent shops in your area, you might also pursue some second opinions.

Please keep us posted, and best of luck getting it sorted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will try contacting Porsche NA, thanks! If anyone has a recommended shop in SF that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
266 Posts
From the OBD code description, it sounds like the fault is in the variable geometry control actuator feedback position sensor (if there is one) or more likely the electric wastegate actuator or in another sensor that gives a similar signal related to the electric compressor bypass valve, which controls surge noise and protects the turbo. For a start, you can double check all the electrical connections and see if the fault goes away.

Here's some info on the OBD code: https://www.troublecodes.net/p2codes/p2563/

Below is the connector on the wastegate actuator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts