Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A squirrel ate some of our hood heat shield. Seems like a simple replacement but unsure how to remove the fasteners? Help?

·
Registered
129 Posts
It's a sound blanket not a heat shield. Those injectors are noisy. I'll take a look at mine tomorrow and see if I can offer any advice on how to remove it

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
A squirrel ate some of our hood heat shield. Seems like a simple replacement but unsure how to remove the fasteners? Help?
Dayem! Are you reasonably confident that the rodent didn't eat anything else, e.g., wires, hoses, etc.? Is there a story that goes with this?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dayem! Are you reasonably confident that the rodent didn't eat anything else, e.g., wires, hoses, etc.? Is there a story that goes with this?
Nothing else appears altered. The Macan was parked in our carport while we were traveling in January for about 10 days. Mother squirrel was building her nest in a nearby tree. None of the cars next door (lexus and audi) were bothered... still need insight on how to take the clips out. Our dealer says it happens all the time...which kinda surprised me :)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Nothing else appears altered. The Macan was parked in our carport while we were traveling in January for about 10 days. Mother squirrel was building her nest in a nearby tree. None of the cars next door (lexus and audi) were bothered... still need insight on how to take the clips out. Our dealer says it happens all the time...which kinda surprised me :)
Ok, good luck with the hood. Surprised no one with the relevant DIY experience has chimed in yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts