Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. So as I was parked in a parking lot for 10 minutes with the engine on (wife and newborn in the car, 95F outside, AC on) This check engine light came on. I have the Cobb Accessport (tuned with v2.08 Stage 1, 93 Octane) and I have the 2 Flat 6 Motorsport filters up front. 24k miles.

The car drove fine home, although if i had to really point something out, i can hear from outside the window a suction noise as i shift gears under anything over a "medium" pedal press. I don't know if that suction noise was always there or not since i never tried to notice, have the windows closed, have music on. I read somewhere where someone had a boost hose come loose and that threw a code? How can i check this on my own? I checked under the hood for 2 minutes and didn't see any hoses or plugs loose.

I called cobb and they didn't have anything to offer me, other than to uninstall it and bring it to the dealership. I connected my charger and uninstalled it. The next appointment i can make with a loaner with the dealership is Sept 28th....

What do you guys know about codes: DME , UFF00 , C59EC ?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hello All. So as I was parked in a parking lot for 10 minutes with the engine on (wife and newborn in the car, 95F outside, AC on) This check engine light came on. I have the Cobb Accessport (tuned with v2.08 Stage 1, 93 Octane) and I have the 2 Flat 6 Motorsport filters up front. 24k miles.

The car drove fine home, although if i had to really point something out, i can hear from outside the window a suction noise as i shift gears under anything over a "medium" pedal press. I don't know if that suction noise was always there or not since i never tried to notice, have the windows closed, have music on. I read somewhere where someone had a boost hose come loose and that threw a code? How can i check this on my own? I checked under the hood for 2 minutes and didn't see any hoses or plugs loose.

I called cobb and they didn't have anything to offer me, other than to uninstall it and bring it to the dealership. I connected my charger and uninstalled it. The next appointment i can make with a loaner with the dealership is Sept 28th....

Did the code clear with uninstall??
Check this thread for boost leaks - COBB Support

·
Registered
182 Posts
How long have you been running the flash for? To clarify, the CEL came on while idling in the parking lot? No limp mode driving home?

Does the suction noise get louder on shifts with heavier or WOT? What youre describing sounds like boost diverting back to the intake pre turbo which is more pronounced with aftermarket filters (normal). Noise from boost leak is on throttle not shifts. I would still start with the above guide and check your intake hose clamp position. Also, are you using 93 oct?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How long have you been running the flash for? To clarify, the CEL came on while idling in the parking lot? No limp mode driving home?

Does the suction noise get louder on shifts with heavier or WOT? What youre describing sounds like boost diverting back to the intake pre turbo which is more pronounced with aftermarket filters (normal). Noise from boost leak is on throttle not shifts. I would still start with the above guide and check your intake hose clamp position. Also, are you using 93 oct?
I've had the flash installed on the car since about its been 5000 miles, now at 24k miles. i've uninstalled it only when i bring it to dealerships for recalls and also reinstalled it for COBB new versions.

The CEL came on while idling in a parking lot for about 10 mins (estimate)

No limp mode while driving home, even had some boost, but i didn't really drive far to get home. I was 5 mins from home and local streets.

I'll need to listen up more for the suction noise tomorrow. But i'd assume it does get louder "more violent" if i step on it harder. As does all noises for a car, though. I'll also try to listen for noises on throttle, before the next upshift since that would more likely indicate a boost leak, right? Where are the places i should check for any loose hoses or clamps?

Yes, I always use Mobil / Exxon / BP 93 Octane.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep this was one of the first places i checked as i recall seeing someone else with a CEL when stepping on the gas too hard and it blew a boost hose. Can anyone tell me specifically where i this clamp is under the hood? If it is "front and center" almost right under where the Porsche badge would be on the hood, that clamp seems to be in the correct spot.

·
Registered
182 Posts
yep this was one of the first places i checked as i recall seeing someone else with a CEL when stepping on the gas too hard and it blew a boost hose. Can anyone tell me specifically where i this clamp is under the hood? If it is "front and center" almost right under where the Porsche badge would be on the hood, that clamp seems to be in the correct spot.
Yes the charge tube and clamp are connected to the throttle body right smack front and center under the hood - you can remove the engine cover to get better visual and access if needed.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
spent the day driving the car today, must've done 30 miles over 5 trips home and back out. Car drove 100% normal, stock, no cobb tune. Anyone have any idea what those codes be?

·
Registered
142 Posts

did you ever find out the issue? My car just threw a bunch of codes yesterday and UFF00 was one of them. Definitely a boost leak somewhere. I'm only getting 5 psi when it's usually 10+ with medium throttle. Looked at the Cobb link, the clamps are up and tight.

Cleared the codes, and UFF00 still exist and along with a new B8225. Uninstalling Cobb did not remove the codes.

I'm hoping it is the diverter value installation I did that's leaking and nothing major. Car still under warranty for another 5 months. Don't want to bring it in if it's caused by me and not a defect.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
did you ever find out the issue? My car just threw a bunch of codes yesterday and UFF00 was one of them. Definitely a boost leak somewhere. I'm only getting 5 psi when it's usually 10+ with medium throttle. Looked at the Cobb link, the clamps are up and tight.

View attachment 239640

Cleared the codes, and UFF00 still exist and along with a new B8225. Uninstalling Cobb did not remove the codes.
View attachment 239641

I'm hoping it is the diverter value installation I did that's leaking and nothing major. Car still under warranty for another 5 months. Don't want to bring it in if it's caused by me and not a defect.
Hey dude, i'm sorry i never found out anything about the codes. I used the AP to clear them, uninstalled the cobb tune, drive around for a month while waiting for my dealer appointment. The guy came, drove the car 30 miles to the dealership, they had it for 2 days while i had a loaner, then drove the car back to me. Told me they couldn't find any problem. I've since reinstalled the cobb tune and no problems. ...so weird

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey dude, i'm sorry i never found out anything about the codes. I used the AP to clear them, uninstalled the cobb tune, drive around for a month while waiting for my dealer appointment. The guy came, drove the car 30 miles to the dealership, they had it for 2 days while i had a loaner, then drove the car back to me. Told me they couldn't find any problem. I've since reinstalled the cobb tune and no problems. ...so weird
Think I resolved my issue, it wasn't a boost leak. Resolved by pumping 100 octane. My guess is the gas station I recently pumped gas had bad gas or sold lower octane as 91.

Contacted Cobb and they said it's normal (questionable) to pull soft codes and doesn't effect the car. My car did throw a CEL (think all other codes besides P0025 & P2620 were soft codes and didn't matter) and car wouldn't turn off after ignition was turned off (P0025) and exhaust cam was retarded (P2620). After reseting, all code besides the UFF00 and B8225 stayed.

Low boost, 5PSI or so at medium throttle and 8PSI max if I recall under max throttle. Pumped 8 gallons of 100 octane to mix with the ~8 gallon bad/low octane gas, the car is now revived. Back to 15+ boost.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Think I resolved my issue, it wasn't a boost leak. Resolved by pumping 100 octane. My guess is the gas station I recently pumped gas had bad gas or sold lower octane as 91.

Contacted Cobb and they said it's normal (questionable) to pull soft codes and doesn't effect the car. My car did throw a CEL (think all other codes besides P0025 & P2620 were soft codes and didn't matter) and car wouldn't turn off after ignition was turned off (P0025) and exhaust cam was retarded (P2620). After reseting, all code besides the UFF00 and B8225 stayed.

Low boost, 5PSI or so at medium throttle and 8PSI max if I recall under max throttle. Pumped 8 gallons of 100 octane to mix with the ~8 gallon bad/low octane gas, the car is now revived. Back to 15+ boost.
you said some codes stayed on after you cleared them with the cobb?

did all your codes go away after clearing and stay away with just different gas? Bad gas could've been my problem too? I guess thats so random that we'd never be able to tell. I get gas in NYC / NJ area. Typically Mobil, Sunoco, BP, or Exxon. 93 octane only.

·
Registered
142 Posts
you said some codes stayed on after you cleared them with the cobb?

did all your codes go away after clearing and stay away with just different gas? Bad gas could've been my problem too? I guess thats so random that we'd never be able to tell. I get gas in NYC / NJ area. Typically Mobil, Sunoco, BP, or Exxon. 93 octane only.
Correct, UFF00 and B8225 stayed. Reset the ECU, uninstalled tune, reinstalled tune, changed different maps, nothing removed those 2 codes. Would assume a CEL light would come up if I was getting a boost leak. Holding 15+ psi fine. Just bought an Autel MD808P to see if I can clear it with that.

You could have had the same case as I. Bad gas or gas station passing along lower octane as higher to profit more. Before adding the 100 octane, I had trouble getting 6 PSI. With no tune, I could easily get 10 psi. With the stage 1 back, getting 13 psi easily. Getting 15+ when I'm at full throttle.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haven you considered bringing the car to the dealership after uninstalling the tune?

I removed my cobb tune and brought it to the dealership and they returned the car saying they couldn't find anything, but then again, 2 of your codes are different than mine.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Haven you considered bringing the car to the dealership after uninstalling the tune?

I removed my cobb tune and brought it to the dealership and they returned the car saying they couldn't find anything, but then again, 2 of your codes are different than mine.
Did not. I couldn't find any stored codes on the car when I ran it with an Autel M808P. Pretty certain the dealership would say the same. On my 2nd tank of gas now after diluting the bad gas (drained tank to only 10 miles left). Car still running strong

·
Registered
20 Posts

View attachment 239640

View attachment 239641

I am also having an issue at about 4K miles following a diverter valve upgrade. Have a 2017 GTS running a COBB OTS stage 1 91 ACN tune. Initially the tune was hard hitting and over time the boost levels lower and the car becomes sluggish. Lately I had a “reduced engine power” warning during WOT right at the shift point. This happened twice and reset by turning the car off. I have checked the clamp and tube on the throttle body and it’s extremely tight.

Throwing the above codes DME, UFF00 and B9960.
I hear the same excessive sucking sound from intakes but the car is only producing 8-10psi at half throttle under a lot of load when it use to be 21psi.

Previously I had issues where the tune would just lose boost production and under WOT the car would finally hit max boost around 5k RPM. This was resolved by removing the tune and re-flashing until it came back again.

I reset the ECU learning and cleared the codes. Will drive tomorrow to see if they return or if the proper boost levels return.

Anyone else had this issue or have any ideas what might be going on?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea my codes disappeared after clearing and the car drives 100% normal now. i'm far from a mechanic, but i'll chalk it up to "bad gas". I always fill up Exxon / Mobile / BP 93 Octane.

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
...possibly condensation (which does form as a result of temperature changes - or may be present in underground tanks)
in your Macan's fuel tank...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts