Porsche Macan Forum banner
101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue. I bought my 2017 Macan used and a week after owning it I got a PSM failure along with an AWD failure. It was intermittent and came on within about 10 miles from starting, every time. I looked through my TPMS and found that the dealer had selected 19 inch tires, instead of the 20 inch that are on the vehicle. I selected 20 inch All Season tires from the selection screen and it seems to have solved the problem. Since Porsches are so highly engineered, these little details make a big difference.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
72K here and got the Trifecta of Trouble announcement tonight. Will call the dealership tomorrow, which means I hope to find a diagnosis and will probably find out whether the extended warranty is worth a [email protected] Still love driving this car, though, and just came back from some nice driving and social events at Parade. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,070 Posts
72K here and got the Trifecta of Trouble announcement tonight.....
Sorry to hear that, but very glad to hear you're still enjoying the car. Hopefully it's not something serious.

Sometimes an aging battery can throw wild faults.....although usually that includes a PASM error from what I've read. Another possibility might be a bad wheel speed sensor, which Porsche has extended the warranty on. As you can see from reading the thread, there doesn't seem to be any one issue that causes these faults.

Keep us posted. Wishing you the best of luck getting it resolved. (y)

Reactions: Louie Zoi

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but very glad to hear you're still enjoying the car.

.... As you can see from reading the thread, there doesn't seem to be any one issue that causes these faults.

Keep us posted. Wishing you the best of luck getting it resolved. (y)
Thank you, friend. Nice to see you still here and still (I hope) enjoying your Turbo. Every time I saw a white Macan at Parade, I hoped it might be you, WHT TGR, or MacWhte, but no soap. Still, there was a nice photo feature on MacWhte in the hallway. Wishing you many happy miles ahead :cool:-- and I'll post info when I have it.

Reactions: SoCalS5

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
That suite of error messages (CEL, RWD only, and PSM failure) seems to get a number of diagnoses judging by the notes on this thread. In my case: the word this morning is that I need a new camshaft actuator, after which they will take a look at my timing chain. Fingers crossed that this takes care of it. When I dropped off the Macan yesterday and picked up my loaner, I felt like I was delivering a beloved parent to an old-folks' home. :(

Reactions: SoCalS5
101 - 105 of 105 Posts