Porsche Macan Forum banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Update Aug 2/16:

Just spoke to my Service Advisor. The car is booked to go in next week to pull the code(s).

He just told me he has just seen a few other 2015 Macan owners had the identical problems. The problem is related to the center console hardware (switches and wiring as a whole unit) as some of the Macan came with defective parts and it has now just shown up with this problem.

The fix is to order brand new center console unit and put it in and reprogram it accordingly. It will be a 1/2 - 2/3 day job. He will order the parts now so I don't need to come in 2x to do the fix. But for warranty purpose, he is obligated to pull the codes still when I go in next week.

bumping up this thread ... this is my 1st time encountering this with 2 yrs in service and 40,000km on the clock.

On a cold start this morning, my MFD lit up like X'mas trees ... :crying:

1) Engine control fault
2) Parking brake fault
3) Start/Stop deactivated - the console button does not work
4) Ventilation system does not work

Locked up the car and restarted in 1/2 hr time did not clear those error codes at all.

Locked up the car again and returned to car 2 hrs time later and still no change in status

Returned to car about 4 hrs later, everything is cleared and working, EXCEPT the Engine control fault.

I read online indicating if the engine control fault message shows static symbol, the car is still alright to drive but with caution. I guess I will have to drive very slowly to make my way to the dealer comes this Tuesday.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I would take it back to the dealer. They have a detail shop and need to correct the paint to your satisfaction. My dealer took out some scratches I put in the hatch of my car no charge at least your dealer should return your car in at least equal or better condition. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and if its water marked as bad as you say they should be more than happy to help you out.
:eek:
I talked to the dealership, and they offered to do the paint repair themselves, but would not reimburse me if I went to my own detailer who would reapply the opti-coat. They only offered me "store credit" for merchandise.

I'm done with that dealership and done with giant mega dealers. From now on I'll stick to smaller car dealers.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Seems fair

I talked to the dealership, and they offered to do the paint repair themselves, but would not reimburse me if I went to my own detailer who would reapply the opti-coat. They only offered me "store credit" for merchandise.

I'm done with that dealership and done with giant mega dealers. From now on I'll stick to smaller car dealers.

Most likely if the dealer had applied the Opti-Coat the dealer would have covered that. Seeing as they offered some form of reimbursement for a product or service they were not involved with in the first place seems more than fair? Going to a small dealer I do not believe would be the answer. Id have the dealer fix the water marks. That part of the paint correction is the hardest then have your detailer do (his) part to finish it of with the protectant.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Most likely if the dealer had applied the Opti-Coat the dealer would have covered that. Seeing as they offered some form of reimbursement for a product or service they were not involved with in the first place seems more than fair? Going to a small dealer I do not believe would be the answer. Id have the dealer fix the water marks. That part of the paint correction is the hardest then have your detailer do (his) part to finish it of with the protectant.

Wait, I'm crossing threads and getting confused. After this incident, I had to take it back for another warranty issue. During that particular issue, they scraped the back of the car against some concrete pillar or something. There were a series of scrapes about 5x5 inches each.

That's when they offered to fix the paint and offered the store credit. I guess you can call it fair that they will fix the scrapes, but not the opti-coat, but by doing so, they would be leaving my car worse than when I delivered it to them. The dealership does not offer opti-coat. I guess those are the risks we take. Next time, I'll leave my cars bone stock.

The dealership's service advisors basically treated me like a number the entire time. There were a bunch of things that just seemed odd to me about the whole process. Since then I've been to a smaller dealership who remembers my name, car, and any service issues. I moved out of state and have gone to another smaller dealership, and it has been more of the same good treatment. Perhaps writing off big dealerships may be a mistake, but my experiences thus far at bigger dealerships have not been good whether it be a Porsche or the myriad of other brands that I've had to deal with for work. At the end of the day, we base our decisions on experience and the experience of others. I'd rather deal with a place that knows who I am rather than a bigger dealership that sees me as a number. To each their own.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Update Aug 2/16:

Just spoke to my Service Advisor. The car is booked to go in next week to pull the code(s).

He just told me he has just seen a few other 2015 Macan owners had the identical problems. The problem is related to the center console hardware (switches and wiring as a whole unit) as some of the Macan came with defective parts and it has now just shown up with this problem.

The fix is to order brand new center console unit and put it in and reprogram it accordingly. It will be a 1/2 - 2/3 day job. He will order the parts now so I don't need to come in 2x to do the fix. But for warranty purpose, he is obligated to pull the codes still when I go in next week.
Any update on this fix?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bumping this thread up:

2015 Macan S, 53,238 miles CPO from the dealership so under warranty.

Wife was driving home in traffic and the car started shaking and all these alerts popped up:
1) Engine control fault
2) No all-wheel system only rear wheel drive
3) Start/Stop deactivated - the console button does not work
4) PSM Loss

Turned car off several times and all lights still show up. 3rd time starting the car up, the check engine light started blinking so I shut it off and called Porsche roadside. Currently waiting for tow truck. This f*&$^ sucks. Will update thread.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Started the car this morning and the engine light came on with message. Just had the 30k km car service a few a weeks ago and will be heading in for the new transfer case later today - I hope the two are related. I can’t stand any more surprises
Car was just returned with a new transfer case (95B 341 010 AX); Porsche paying 80% thus costing me USD600 ?. Unfortunately the engine fault is an error from the Lambda (oxygen) sensor ☹. It was only 2 weeks ago that I had the car in for the Intermediate Maintenance service, which I spent USD800 ?. Now the sensor (958 906 262 00) is being order, will cost me another USD530 to replace. So that works out to just under USD2,000 ?. I thought these O2 sensors were supposed to last 150,000 km (100,000 miles)? Failure at 28,500 km (18,000 miles) seems premature.

The old adage, ‘if it ain’t broken, don’t fix it comes to mind’.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,426 Posts
O2 sensors should not be failing at 18K miles...

Isn't this vehicle still under warranty?

...sounds like a defective part to me...

Where was the failing O2 sensor manufactured?

·
Registered
72 Posts
O2 sensors should not be failing at 18K miles...

Isn't this vehicle still under warranty?

...sounds like a defective part to me...

Where was the failing O2 sensor manufactured?
I agree the O2 sensor shouldn’t be failing at such low mileage. I purchased the vehicle new in 2015, so it’s out of warranty now. I made the same claim that it was a defective part... they didn’t budge. I’m also frustrated that the part costs twice the price (vs state side).

When I go in for the repair, I’ll ask them to keep the part to see where it was manufactured.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Rather than go to the dealer (who will assuredly have high labor charges) are there independent Porsche shops that could change out the 02 sensors?
. . . and how far out of warranty? Your Macan is barely four years old -- any "good will" to be had?
Good luck

·
Registered
72 Posts
Rather than go to the dealer (who will assuredly have high labor charges) are there independent Porsche shops that could change out the 02 sensors?
. . . and how far out of warranty? Your Macan is barely four years old -- any "good will" to be had?
Good luck
They gave me ‘goodwill’ on the transfer case, thus, not budging on the O2 sensor. The labour is comparatively inexpensive, it’s the part itself that they’re charging twice the price of dealership in the US.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Federal law dictates that emissions devices function for much longer than most factory warranties.
It was 50k miles when I had a GM dealer eat a catalytic converter and O2 sensor but it has gone up since then.
I didn't buy that car new and it was well out of warranty.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just got the Engine Control Fault msg at 36K miles. Dealership did not seem concerned at all, “usually an O2 sensor” they conceeded like it was routine. Will be a couple of weeks before they can get the Macan in and fixed under warranty.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Federal law dictates that emissions devices function for much longer than most factory warranties.
It was 50k miles when I had a GM dealer eat a catalytic converter and O2 sensor but it has gone up since then.
I didn't buy that car new and it was well out of warranty.
He's not in the US, I believe he's in China so our warranty laws don't apply. In the US I think emissions parts are warrantied for 60K or 100k IIRC.

Reactions: aftCG

·
Registered
1 Posts
PSM failure warning message

On my way back home from golf, two yellow warning messages came up “PSM failure, consult a workshop, adapted driving permitted” and “no all wheel says., only rear wheel drive, adapted driving permitted”, what could be the problem? Will take to the dealer on Monday and see what they can pull from the computer. Let me know if you have similar problems before. 2016 Macan S, 3 month away from warranty expire.
Thanks,
Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
PSM failure warning message

On my way back home from golf, two yellow warning messages came up “PSM failure, consult a workshop, adapted driving permitted” and “no all wheel says., only rear wheel drive, adapted driving permitted”, what could be the problem? Will take to the dealer on Monday and see what they can pull from the computer. Let me know if you have similar problems before. 2016 Macan S, 3 month away from warranty expire.
Thanks,
Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 105 Posts