Porsche Macan Forum banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
UPDATE #4 :

Porsche HQ sent the dealership some sort of pressure sensor (not related to the tire). They installed it. It didn't fix the problem. My service advisor was gone, so I was told by the service receptionist that Porsche HQ is sending more parts next week, but didn't specify what.

So at this point, my car has been at the service shop for two weeks. And I don't think that they or the Porsche HQ knows what's going on.

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
That sucks but I'm not surprised. Seems as if some service cemters at dealers are just not that good. Hope it gets worked out or they give you a new car.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
That sucks coffee grinds. I actually got a message related to PSM today, I left work, drove about 2 min and display tells me PSM not working, so AWD out but I can keep driving with RWD and auto stop start disabled (I have it off anyway). It was odd driving with the RWD on this car. I called dealership and will take it in at 8am tomorrow. Strangely, I picked my kids from their summer camp, parked the car and when I came back and started it again, messages were gone and the AWD was working but the traction control/all things safe button not working.

I got my S in May 2014, other than rear washer nozzle and interior sensor alarm problems, I have had nothing else, let's see what they have to say when they plug it into their PC tomorrow! I will let u all know ... dealership are great with loaners, Cayenne, Panemerra and Cayman in that order!

Reactions: Louie Zoi

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
That sucks coffee grinds. I actually got a message related to PSM today, I left work, drove about 2 min and display tells me PSM not working, so AWD out but I can keep driving with RWD and auto stop start disabled (I have it off anyway). It was odd driving with the RWD on this car. I called dealership and will take it in at 8am tomorrow. Strangely, I picked my kids from their summer camp, parked the car and when I came back and started it again, messages were gone and the AWD was working but the traction control/all things safe button not working.

I got my S in May 2014, other than rear washer nozzle and interior sensor alarm problems, I have had nothing else, let's see what they have to say when they plug it into their PC tomorrow! I will let u all know ... dealership are great with loaners, Cayenne, Panemerra and Cayman in that order!
I got my car in April 2015. Well hopefully, your problem isn't the same thing. My car was noticeably shaking, and the pedals were vibrating.

My loan car is fine, but it's definitely not up to the performance of the Macan. And no matter what they give me, I'd much rather be in my own car.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I got my car in April 2015. Well hopefully, your problem isn't the same thing. My car was noticeably shaking, and the pedals were vibrating.

My loan car is fine, but it's definitely not up to the performance of the Macan. And no matter what they give me, I'd much rather be in my own car.
I certainly never had the shaking and vibrating. They checked it this morning and found in the DME multiple misfire faults so to protect engine it shuts off the AWD. They ran tests and found no actual misfires this morning, they suspect it could have been some bad fuel mixed in as I had refueled Thursday and this happened Friday. So far nothing further has happened. I always use the Shell High Performance gas here in Canada so I may have just pumped in some with contaminants. Let's hope they get it sorted for you.

Get me to give you a decent loaner given the time it is taking.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got the same issue PSM issue twice the past 2 days my built is 3/2015. it's Sat and shop is closed. I'd turn the engine off and restart it and the message goes away but randomly returns later

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
@Rooboy
Hopefully, it's just a fluke with your car.
@awcayenne
My car was also built in 3/2015. Had about 2500 miles on it before I started getting these issues. Hopefully, it's just my car and isn't related to cars built around that time frame.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I got the same issue PSM issue twice the past 2 days my built is 3/2015. it's Sat and shop is closed. I'd turn the engine off and restart it and the message goes away but randomly returns later
Be sure to take it in Monday so they can check things out. My dealership offered to keep it for the weekend to see if it would happen again, but I opted against that. If it does though they will be keeping it in. I drive it all today and this evening and nothing so far.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
UPDATE #5 :

The car is finally back in my possession after 2 and a half weeks. Porsche HQ narrowed down the issue to the fuel pressure sensor, so they replaced both, and that seemed to have solved the issue. Before that they were replacing fuel injectors and fuel pumps. They gave me a cayenne loaner car during the repairs, which I didn't enjoy driving, but I appreciate having something.

I had planned to meet with the sales rep this week to discuss possible options like buying back the car, etc., but I guess he knew more about my repairs than me since he blew me off. I'm guessing he knew my car would be ready today.

One thing that really bothered me was that despite having a huge repair facility, they stored my car outside during the two+ weeks it was there. During that time, it rained a few times, and the weather was in the high 90's F. As a result, my car has a ridiculous amount of water spots etched and sun baked into the paint. So much for me wanting to take meticulous care of the exterior and interior. I feel like I wasted a lot of time in the weeks before the repair washing and drying my car. I guess it goes to show you that no matter how much care you take with your car, the dealership and others will not. I guess that's one way to force me out of the honeymoon phase with the car.

All in all, this recent experience has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I have lost some confidence in the dealership and the car/brand. I'm hoping to not have any more significant issues anytime soon, but I think that another big one like this will be enough.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm truly sorry for your continued troubles, I truly am.

I have owned 5 Porsche's (all brand-new 911's) in years past prior to my Macan order, as I have mentioned in other posts. They were always in the shop for one thing or another. Each time I bought a new 911, it wasn't because I hoped to get a trouble-free one, but because I loved the car and was willing to live with the quirks! I suppose not everyone is willing to do that.

;)
This is why I would never really consider buying a serious sports car brand new. I'll let someone else sort out all of the "newness" issues and then when they get it all nice and fixed up and are so irritated with all the repairs they had to put up with, I'll happily swoop in and take that fine, low-miles machine that they hate so much off their hands for an excellent price >:D

·
Registered
782 Posts
This is why I would never really consider buying a serious sports car brand new. I'll let someone else sort out all of the "newness" issues and then when they get it all nice and fixed up and are so irritated with all the repairs they had to put up with, I'll happily swoop in and take that fine, low-miles machine that they hate so much off their hands for an excellent price >:D
:D Smart! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had exactly the same issue

Just to repeat the issue you were having:

"No all-wheel sys. Only rear-wh drive Adapted driving permitted"
"PSM failure Consult a workshop Adapted driving permitted"
"Engine control fault Consult a workshop Driving permitted"

Immediately after I got the faults, I noticed the vehicle's suspension was bumpy, and the car was shaking when speed gets over 30 MPH.

I have the same issue last night. Now the car is in dealer shop. I have a 10 month old 2015 Macn.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
bumping up this thread ... this is my 1st time encountering this with 2 yrs in service and 40,000km on the clock.

On a cold start this morning, my MFD lit up like X'mas trees ... :crying:

1) Engine control fault
2) Parking brake fault
3) Start/Stop deactivated - the console button does not work
4) Ventilation system does not work

Locked up the car and restarted in 1/2 hr time did not clear those error codes at all.

Locked up the car again and returned to car 2 hrs time later and still no change in status

Returned to car about 4 hrs later, everything is cleared and working, EXCEPT the Engine control fault.

I read online indicating if the engine control fault message shows static symbol, the car is still alright to drive but with caution. I guess I will have to drive very slowly to make my way to the dealer comes this Tuesday.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Bummer. Sounds like a software problem. Hope they can fix it quickly.

Reactions: bobblehead

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
I read online indicating if the engine control fault message shows static symbol, the car is still alright to drive but with caution. I guess I will have to drive very slowly to make my way to the dealer comes this Tuesday.

It is entirely possible that continuing to show the engine control fault light after a transient error is mandated by some government emissions rules whereas clearing the other fault codes and lights is entirely at Porsche's discretion.

Doesn't help solve your problem but might explain why that one warning remains.

All the fault codes should have been logged though.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
UPDATE #5 :

The car is finally back in my possession after 2 and a half weeks. Porsche HQ narrowed down the issue to the fuel pressure sensor, so they replaced both, and that seemed to have solved the issue. Before that they were replacing fuel injectors and fuel pumps. They gave me a cayenne loaner car during the repairs, which I didn't enjoy driving, but I appreciate having something.

I had planned to meet with the sales rep this week to discuss possible options like buying back the car, etc., but I guess he knew more about my repairs than me since he blew me off. I'm guessing he knew my car would be ready today.

One thing that really bothered me was that despite having a huge repair facility, they stored my car outside during the two+ weeks it was there. During that time, it rained a few times, and the weather was in the high 90's F. As a result, my car has a ridiculous amount of water spots etched and sun baked into the paint. So much for me wanting to take meticulous care of the exterior and interior. I feel like I wasted a lot of time in the weeks before the repair washing and drying my car. I guess it goes to show you that no matter how much care you take with your car, the dealership and others will not. I guess that's one way to force me out of the honeymoon phase with the car.

All in all, this recent experience has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I have lost some confidence in the dealership and the car/brand. I'm hoping to not have any more significant issues anytime soon, but I think that another big one like this will be enough.
I would take it back to the dealer. They have a detail shop and need to correct the paint to your satisfaction. My dealer took out some scratches I put in the hatch of my car no charge at least your dealer should return your car in at least equal or better condition. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and if its water marked as bad as you say they should be more than happy to help you out.
:eek:

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
That's why I did not drive my car much today at all. Ended up taking the other beast (Honda pilot) to do some errands.

I know I need to get to the dealer asap, I am at the mercy of dealer's time availability.

·
Registered
296 Posts
@bobblehead why don't u call Porsche roadside assistance. It is free service right?

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
@bobblehead why don't u call Porsche roadside assistance. It is free service right?
Car drives fine tonight, no loss of power. Emailed dealer this afternoon to book me in asap and will have to for them to reply back

Thanks for your comment

61 - 80 of 105 Posts