Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
The Piwis II has been in the market for ages, at this point every Chinese copy can do all that the original does.
A Piwis III is a complete different animal and requires constant updates and to be connected to the Porsche servers in order to perform correctly.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
The Piwis II has been in the market for ages, at this point every Chinese copy can do all that the original does.
A Piwis III is a complete different animal and requires constant updates and to be connected to the Porsche servers in order to perform correctly.
So is it cheaper to buy a Porsche dealership or buy a PIWIS III?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Well I have not bothered trying to connect the Macan to the PIWIS one (PIWIS I as in version 1) since I think it stops support at the Cayenne. I had excellent results with the PIWIS one on 996 and 987 repairs and tweaks.

The company I was going to order the PIWIS II hardware from was xcar360 but kind of waiting for someone else to report on their purchase.

·
Registered
171 Posts
So is it cheaper to buy a Porsche dealership or buy a PIWIS III?
[/QUOTE
We have a PIWIS III at the shop and the only advantage over the PIWS II is that we can reset service lights in the later cars, but besides that it's the same as the II without all the online capabilities.
For a .1 Macan a PIWIS II is all you need.

·
Registered
378 Posts
We have a PIWIS III at the shop and the only advantage over the PIWS II is that we can reset service lights in the later cars, but besides that it's the same as the II without all the online capabilities.
For a .1 Macan a PIWIS II is all you need.
Is that to say the .2 requires the III?

61 - 70 of 70 Posts