Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I order one set Samtec Piwis II VCI with Wifi from obd2cartool.com, it was work perfect, My friend also want one, But If order from China need pay High Custom Tax, Who have good way to get package with lower tax?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Will the Duramteric cable work on the GTS? Vendor will only commit to saying it works on the 2015 Macans.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Wizard, if I install an OEM tow hitch with OEM wiring, can I use the PIWIS2 to make the Macan recognize that it now has a tow hitch? I beleive I read somewhere that a PIWIS setting has to be changed to accomplish this. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
how easy is it to reset the maintenance required indicator on the dash with the durametric cable?

·
Registered
4,669 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
A good friend of my Brother owns a shop that specializes in BMWs owns the Matco Maximus 2.0. I took my Macan to him for an oil change and his mechanic used the tool to reset my oil service without issue. It prompted him for the date and when he hit return it reset the interval to a year/10k miles. I looked this scanner up and its 5-6k. But i am finding a few used examples on ebay for under 2k. I drive a 17GTS

·
Registered
18 Posts
In January of this year I ordered a Autel Maxidiag MD808 from Amazon. Cost was approx. $250. I have used it once successfully to reset oil change on my 2017 Macan Base. When you go thru the scanner steps it will ask for the current date of maintenance. When you encode the current date of oil change, it will push out the next scheduled maintenance date 12 months and increase mileage 10K. It also says it will work on rear brakes. I've had no reason to verify this will work on rear brakes yet. I Cannot
confirm it will work on anything but the base model.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I finished my first DIY oil change on my ‘17 Turbo this evening, and I was able to reset the oil change register with a Durametric that another forum member graciously let me borrow. This was despite that the Durametric people told me that they did not know if it would work on a 2017 model year Macan. Thanks again Matt!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wizard, if I install an OEM tow hitch with OEM wiring, can I use the PIWIS2 to make the Macan recognize that it now has a tow hitch? I beleive I read somewhere that a PIWIS setting has to be changed to accomplish this. Thanks.
Did you find out any information about that?

·
Registered
4,669 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Unfortunately not.
Well, I am kind of disappointed with the software and coding situation being used so poorly in any forum of the Porsche after coming from bimmer world. Amount of coding and diagnosting we were doing over there (which i still do) using the original software a lot easier and also allows you to do anything dealer could do. This is also including Vag World. Now I am hearing that you cant even code sport plus mode without being connected to Stuttgart servers via username and pass due to it is a paid service thru Porsche. Well everything is paid service in any dealer the reason we own the softwares not to pay the service.

I am about to order the Piwis 2 licensed version, I guess I will find out my own to code the module for towing mod

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Well, I am kind of disappointed with the software and coding situation being used so poorly in any forum of the Porsche after coming from bimmer world. Amount of coding and diagnosting we were doing over there (which i still do) using the original software a lot easier and also allows you to do anything dealer could do. This is also including Vag World. Now I am hearing that you cant even code sport plus mode without being connected to Stuttgart servers via username and pass due to it is a paid service thru Porsche. Well everything is paid service in any dealer the reason we own the softwares not to pay the service.

I am about to order the Piwis 2 licensed version, I guess I will find out my own to code the module for towing mod
Yep, we also own two BMW's, and what you are saying is absolutely correct.

Hope you will take the time to share the details about your experiences with PIWIS, especially the towing mod.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yep, we also own two BMW's, and what you are saying is absolutely correct.

Hope you will take the time to share the details about your experiences with PIWIS, especially the towing mod.
I am a big documentary guy. I have couple incident documented in m3post as well. If I do this I will def share "privately" since it has all kind of "illegal" notices around!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
iCarsoft POR II works great as well... Macan and Cayman

About $150
Thanks wasupdu. I will probably only need it to reset oil services that I do every 5K and to be able to deal with any brake resets I might need since I will be changing out my brakes front and rear in a month or two with something that doesn't dust as much. Almost as bad as BMW pads.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I realize this thread is a little old but I'm just joining the Porsche (Macan) community. I have a b8.5 Audi s4 where my Ross tech vag com rules the world but I havent been able to find a cable that allows the coding and diagnostics for the Macan as the vag com. Is there a definitive cable everyones using? I read about the durametric but seems limited compared to vagcom. TIA for any help.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
I too am in the same situation, coming from VW/Audi and Ross tech, doing all of my own work, diagnosis, etc. trying to figure out how best to go about my 2017 GTS. I will be doing my own oil changes so I want it to reset service, want to be able to do brake changes, general diagnosis, etc. also am gathering all OEM parts to add a trailer hitch. Just trying to find the correct valence part # for a GTS with hitch. I think I have it, but that’s my last part. I would like to be able to enable the trailer hitch myself, saving the money of having the dealer do it to put toward the right computer. Not trying to do anything illegal, just do my own work on my own car and keep everything nice while saving some
Money.
Seems as though duramtetric might do code diagnosis/clearing and service reset, but that’s about it. Piwis II could do more, but not much info out there?
Anyone with a Piwis II able to chime in?

21 - 40 of 70 Posts