Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang! Week three here with my ’23 Macan S and loving it!

Question: I’m getting a clunking noise and very slight seat movement when turning right. Oddly it’s not every time tho…

I’ve checked under the seat, and nothing under there. Has anyone else had this?

Thanks so much!!

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had this problem on a 20 S.....the solution was a warranty replacement of the bottom seat.
Wow really? Ok I’ll have them check it. I only drive about 3000 miles per year, so if nothing goes wrong it won’t go in for a year. I’ll see if it keeps doing it and how frequently. If it becomes more frequent and very bothersome, I will just make a service appointment.

· Registered
163 Posts
Mine does this. I took it into the dealer once upon a time but they could never replicate it. It only happens under certain circumstances so I never got it fixed. It’s a 2017. I’ve read about it happening to others and the fix is to replace the seat base like someone else mentioned. I might have them look at it again next time I go in and see if my extended warranty will cover it.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine does this. I took it into the dealer once upon a time but they could never replicate it. It only happens under certain circumstances so I never got it fixed. It’s a 2017. I’ve read about it happening to others and the fix is to replace the seat base like someone else mentioned. I might have them look at it again next time I go in and see if my extended warranty will cover it.
Super glad to know I’m not the only one! I have a ‘23, really odd that this has been going on since 2017 and no fix.

· Registered
2020 Macan S
117 Posts
My 2020 S does this, both driver and passenger seats. Have not attempted to get it fixed yet as I know it's going to be a beast to try to replicate. My 2021 Base loaner I had recently did the same thing. Both have 14 ways.

· Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
1,170 Posts
Wow really? Ok I’ll have them check it. I only drive about 3000 miles per year, so if nothing goes wrong it won’t go in for a year. I’ll see if it keeps doing it and how frequently. If it becomes more frequent and very bothersome, I will just make a service appointment.
Unrelated to your seat issue make sure you get a CTEK smart charger.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts