Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster here as I've been following and reading so many great inputs and ideas from all the present and future Macan owners. It has been quite a learning experience with all the valuable posts. Greatly appreciating everyone's story of owning such a fine automobile. I'm a previous avid BMW enthusiast till they started with their recent styling. Nonetheless, I'm looking to join the Porsche family after contemplating on the idea of owning a Macan for quite some time.

With many moons of researching, I decided on the Macan S due to the fact that I live in NYC. Although I much desire the GTS, its stiffer suspension and standard low profile tires aren't truly intended for the pot holes and tarnished New York City roads. As I plan to drive it for work and weekends so some practically kicked into my thoughts and the S was chosen. Here's my built as I continue to tweak its final configuration. Unfortunately, due to the fact of chip shortage, the Bose system was not an option so I bit the bullet and opted for the Burmester audio instead. Any inputs or suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!

The Porsche Code

·
Registered
2021 Macan
77 Posts
Nice build! Only caveat would be the wireless charging - mixed reviews (and most recommended passing) on this feature.

Reactions: Kenstermacan

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nice build. I agree about losing the wireless charger. Never have been really sure what the ionizer does but if you want it. I think your logic about going with the S instead of GTS might apply to Sport Chrono also. Burmester is a bitter pill to swallow but I could not probably live with the base stereo either. I would suggest painted side blades.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Sky

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice build. I agree about losing the wireless charger. Never have been really sure what the ionizer does but if you want it. I think your logic about going with the S instead of GTS might apply to Sport Chrono also. Burmester is a bitter pill to swallow but I could not probably live with the base stereo either. I would suggest painted side blades. View attachment 259970
That is nice indeed! The side blade seems to be a hit or miss amongst many owners. With the painted side blade, it does seem to elongate the car length a bit which is more graceful looking. I originally thought it's a unique character for the Macan, now I have to revisit this for a second look. I'm not crazy about the wireless charger too but if it functions well, it's not a bad feature to have, however, I do prefer the use of cable instead anyway. I may just remove it. As for the ionizer, I was hoping this may enhance air quality, anything that can suppress allergy season.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Love the Night Blue as I have on my '22 GTS! A couple comments: The GTS comes with air suspension and in 'comfort' mode is no firmer than the standard S. In fact, I found it more compliant. And you can raise it. And the standard tires on the GTS, while 21", are all season, not summers, so not hard, ultra low profile. And lastly, I love my body colored side blades. Never warmed up to the contrasting blades on any of my 4 Macans.

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
Love the Night Blue as I have on my '22 GTS! A couple comments: The GTS comes with air suspension and in 'comfort' mode is no firmer than the standard S. In fact, I found it more compliant. And you can raise it. And the standard tires on the GTS, while 21", are all season, not summers, so not hard, ultra low profile. And lastly, I love my body colored side blades. Never warmed up to the contrasting blades on any of my 4 Macans.
I was gaining to say something . Then I sad "nah .. not again" . You may want to ask @RoggieRog about his GTS living in NYC . I am all in favor of a GTS but I used to commute from Rockaway to NYU in an Alfa Spider , (45 years ago) .

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome. That’s a well thought out build. There’s no doubt you’ll love your S.
I too think you should tell yourself it’ll be here in January, so if it’s earlier you’ll be very pleasantly surprised. However, the side blades should match that beautiful blue.
It may be ridiculous, but to my eyes those fantastic wheels would look much better in the black version. The only mitigation on the outrageous price bump would be the included center caps.
I chose extended leather over Burmester because my ears are shot but my nose isn’t although I struggled with my decision because of the Bose delay issues.
Lastly, you probably don’t “need” the sports chrono pkg but it should prove exciting! I’m a little jealous because my warden (wife) wouldn’t let me get it. I’m sure you’ll love that 20 seconds in heaven.

·
Registered
17 S-->20 S-->22S (silver)
1,834 Posts
In my experience, Navy blue is probably the hardest color to keep clean and shows dents more than any other (including black) and NYC is a very tough environment on any car where a dent is almost guaranteed. The useful part of sports chrono is that you can easily change to sports mode when you want without having to find it on the console. Unlikely you'll ever use sports plus in NYC. I agree with comments on charging pocket (your phone will get hot when charging...it's a pain to have to open close the console cover to use....and the signal booster only works if the phone is in that pocket.. I guess it doesn't take up all that much space, but I"d bet you won't actually use it. Ditto on the ionizer...not sure if you'll ever be able to tell it's actually doing anything. Neither costs all that much though, so if you think they'll work for you, go for it. Burmeister....there's just no way I'd pay $6K plus for a sound system in a car. Sure it will sound better...but $6K??? Have you sat/driven in both the 14 and 18 way seats? The 18 is not more comfortable for some....eg. my wife finds the bolsters much too high and i find it digs into my back. Other's love the 18 way seats. You have to sit in them both to decide which works for YOU. .

·
Registered
67 Posts
Regarding ionizer, I optioned it. Top 5 Benefits Of Having An Air Purifier Onboard Your Vehicle

Regarding S or GTS in NYC: the GTS air suspension works well in ”Normal” mode. Car-like ride. Low profile tires and rims are vulnerable on any car. It’s easy for me to suggest a GTS to you— it’s not my money, but I think the same pothole is gonna give you the same grief regardless if an S or GTS.

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
In my experience, Navy blue is probably the hardest color to keep clean and shows dents more than any other (including black) and NYC is a very tough environment on any car where a dent is almost guaranteed. The useful part of sports chrono is that you can easily change to sports mode when you want without having to find it on the console. Unlikely you'll ever use sports plus in NYC. I agree with comments on charging pocket (your phone will get hot when charging...it's a pain to have to open close the console cover to use....and the signal booster only works if the phone is in that pocket.. I guess it doesn't take up all that much space, but I"d bet you won't actually use it. Ditto on the ionizer...not sure if you'll ever be able to tell it's actually doing anything. Neither costs all that much though, so if you think they'll work for you, go for it. Burmeister....there's just no way I'd pay $6K plus for a sound system in a car. Sure it will sound better...but $6K??? Have you sat/driven in both the 14 and 18 way seats? The 18 is not more comfortable for some....eg. my wife finds the bolsters much too high and i find it digs into my back. Other's love the 18 way seats. You have to sit in them both to decide which works for YOU. .
I feel that way about Burmeister too. Unfortunately the Bose just isn't happening and by the time they have it they may not have something else even more important . Thus I ate the 6K expense to get the car now rather than go on a roller coaster of waiting and doubt . This whole new wave ordering process began for me last year in May and its such emotional torture that it really was the reason to pause at the onset . Even before I ordered the car I was thawing out from my 911 and back in. May I wrote about I don't want to do it again Thinking about it

Yet here I am .. leaner , meaner . No GT Design wheel ? Give me RS then. No Bose ? Give me Burmeister . Just give me the car !! I can compromise (with boundaries ) . I drew the line at paint to sample GT Silver though . Give me chalk ! Hold the side blades !

·
Vendor
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
595 Posts
I feel that way about Burmeister too. Unfortunately the Bose just isn't happening and by the time they have it they may not have something else even more important . Thus I ate the 6K expense to get the car now rather than go on a roller coaster of waiting and doubt . This whole new wave ordering process began for me last year in May and its such emotional torture that it really was the reason to pause at the onset . Even before I ordered the car I was thawing out from my 911 and back in. May I wrote about I don't want to do it again Thinking about it

Yet here I am .. leaner , meaner . No GT Design wheel ? Give me RS then. No Bose ? Give me Burmeister . Just give me the car !! I can compromise (with boundaries ) . I drew the line at paint to sample GT Silver though . Give me chalk ! Hold the side blades !
That is a big Burmeister pill to swallow, but what choice do you have. Hopefully, the sound will be that much better and you will be glad you went that route. And you know how and when you can solve the GT Design issue that we have all experience this year. :)

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
That is a big Burmeister pill to swallow, but what choice do you have. Hopefully, the sound will be that much better and you will be glad you went that route. And you know how and when you can solve the GT Design issue that we have all experience this year. :)
I could have walked from the car completely. For some a 6K expense is an automatic deal breaker . Its not like I am suffering with my 2020 Macan Turbo . If too many things were unavailable I might have passed . This time it was the radio and first choice wheels . I am ok wit the manual steering column . Its not just the Macan though . Every model is facing headwinds the biggest of which are Taycan and 911 . At least they are building Macan's . With the other cars its a huge struggle .

This is why used cars are selling at huge markups . The original buyer had to work . The selling dealership (often not Porsche) had to hunt to find a flipped car . For some cars they are paying over MSRP to take the flipped car and then selling it even higher . I know one guy who paid over MSRP for a used car and then traded it for over MSRP in trade . He has done this and driven some amazing cars for FREE !! I joke with him and tell him these 300K cars are like Bitcoin trading and one day he's going to get stuck .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I definitely have to take another look at the painted side blade. I would love to choose the 21" wheels but I have had plenty of flats and dented and scraped rims while driving in NYC. It's by far one of the worse city to drive a set of fine wheels. However, I will consider though. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you so much everyone for all the solid advise! I certainly would have never thought of some of the suggestions here. It's been immensely helpful!

I have repeatedly telling myself a January arrival is closer to reality but it is tough to wait it out.

With so many suggesting the painted blade, this has become my main focus for modification now. I also looked at the sport wheels in satin platinum but perhaps the photo doesn't do its justice, cause it looks more grey and out of place with night blue color.

That Burmester was indeed painful to choose although I do enjoy acoustic while driving and the base audio system may not complete the vehicle. I read some owners didn't find the Burmester base to be enough but my option is limited.

The choice for choosing the sports chrono option was to satisfy what's left of my youth. A nicely paved straight road is what I need to find to fulfill this joy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agreed, dents are guaranteed in NYC, I'm already feeling the pain just by thinking about it. I've started looking at film wrapping and haven't decided as films are as costly as a complete paint job. I will have to see.

I've only sat in the 14 ways seat as it was nicely comfortable. I didn't get a chance to try the 18 ways seat but since I don't have a wide body, although I am getting there from the pandemic, I would believe it should be ok. I used to have a 5 series BMW with 16 ways seat and that was very enjoyable with the adaptive bolster, I guess I'm hoping for similar experience.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts