Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Macan DNA is skewed towards a sportier SUV no doubt. When you are shopping and/or configuring a Macan, do your preferences lean towards a comfortable mid sized SUV with a Porsche badge OR are you building the most affordable 4 door "sports car" you can get from Porsche?

I know my answer.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The Macan is not an SUV. It doesn't have low range. It is a wagon that may go off road in the same vein as a Subaru Outback.

With that said, I'd hit all the comfort boxes, since I just use mine as a commuter and grocery getter.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
The Macan is not an SUV. It doesn't have low range.
Porsche disagrees -

"We have proven that we will not be dictated to. Do not follow trends. But prefer to write our own adventure stories. Such as that of a compact SUV that inextricably combines sportiness, design and everyday practicality: the new Macan." - Porsche Macan - Porsche USA

Reactions: Glock19

·
Registered
218 Posts
I bought a slightly bigger more grown up hot hatch. I have always had Modified GTI’s, R32, Golf R, etc, and then I got a few cayenne and Touareg TDI’s as a second car/daily driver, and then when the Macan came out I loved them, then when I heard the exhaust of a GTS, had to have it and got rid of 2 cars for 1 that kind of meets in the middle. I love it and am very happy. Cheaper in the long run too!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
My first Macan GTS I built more towards the SUV/CUV side of the spectrum.

My second pending Macan GTS I built more like a hot hatch (GT steering wheel, summer tires, no roof rails), but stayed with a trailer hitch since I have mountain bikes.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Porsche disagrees -

"We have proven that we will not be dictated to. Do not follow trends. But prefer to write our own adventure stories. Such as that of a compact SUV that inextricably combines sportiness, design and everyday practicality: the new Macan." - Porsche Macan - Porsche USA
huehuehue

·
Registered
25 Posts
do your preferences lean towards a comfortable mid sized SUV with a Porsche badge OR are you building the most affordable 4 door "sports car" you can get from Porsche?
Both. I hit the Sport button + Lowered mode to switch between the two modes.
I drive&drop my child to their sport activity, hit the buttons, have my blast in the mountains, then come back and pick'em up.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Both. I hit the Sport button + Lowered mode to switch between the two modes.
I drive&drop my child to their sport activity, hit the buttons, have my blast in the mountains, then come back and pick'em up.
Perfect.

·
Registered
2017 Macan S in Sapphire Blue, 2014 Panamera 4S in Dark Blue Metallic
6 Posts
If configuring, add PTV. It's a must IMHO. I feel I've got plenty of stick with the 20" all season Pirellis that came O/E, but yes with summer stick and a lowered air, approaching a very usable (although tall) hot hatch.

Skip the air suspension. I have it on my 2014 Panamera. Unless it's turned into a bullet proof spring set up (likely not), it's one odd ball problem after another. The ride is awesome, no doubt, and the active nature that prevents body roll gives you almost a push in aggressive cornering that you can feel (super weird the first time). Then, you get a leaky shock and the repair bill makes you feel super weird again, but not in a good way

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Skip the air suspension. I have it on my 2014 Panamera. Unless it's turned into a bullet proof spring set up (likely not), it's one odd ball problem after another. The ride is awesome, no doubt, and the active nature that prevents body roll gives you almost a push in aggressive cornering that you can feel (super weird the first time). Then, you get a leaky shock and the repair bill makes you feel super weird again, but not in a good way
Not to be a snob, but my vehicles are always under warranty when I own them, so I never worry about repair bills.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts