Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wondered if majority of Texas Macan owners equip the front license plate with their cars? I prefer to not do it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just wondered if majority of Texas Macan owners equip the front license plate with their cars? I prefer to not do it.
I saw a few when I was in San Antonio recently and they all had the front plate.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Not from TX but MN where front license plate is mandatory. I am going to almost 5 years with no front plate and going strong.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't have one on mine. I know it isn't legal, but I hate the way it looks. The only time it has become an issue for me (rarely) is if I'm traveling from city-to-city on the highway, and they will usually just give a warning.

·
Registered
481 Posts
It's a risk - parking enforcement in big cities (Dallas, Houston, etc.) plus it could be a probable cause reason to pull you over. Prior to a couple of years ago, violation was just a "no fix/no cost" warning. I believe now it's a "fix-it" ticket and may have $'s involved. Realistically you only see it when you're parked so unless you don't like the look when you're parked, leave it off. Only time I've been stopped was in my 911...but I do have the plate on my Macan.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I live in Fort Worth and prior to the Macan had a BMW 330D and prior to BMW had a 911. I have not had a front license mounted with either cars for the past 10 years. No problems so far.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Going on 20 some odd years with no front plates. Hate them. I’ve been pulled over maybe twice or three times throughout the years. Never a ticket, only a warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
402 Posts
The previous owner of my 997 ran his car without a plate here for a number of year.
It is required here. 3 x 200 dollars tickets in three month, changed his mind.
My Macan came from Quebec, which does not require a plate. I put one on, in order to comply.
"Resistance is futile. " I heard somewhere ;)

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Required in CA too, In 20 years I've never had a front plate on a car. I heard that in the Cities of SF and Berkeley they are beginning to impound or Boot cars that don't have front plates. I installed the tow-hook solution. I think it looks just fine.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Funny, in Ontario they considered to get rid of the front plate requirement recently but left it in the end.
We get all our cars with front plate here.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Arizona provides one one plate so it goes on the back. When I lived in Washington State front plates were required. Not running a plate when required just gives the police a reason to stop you. The mount I used was a Skene bracket so no holes were drilled in the bumper just in the plastic below and behind the painted bumper.

I agree that front plates due not add to the looks of a car except the Tesla model 3 which needs something to breakup it’s ugly front end IMO.

Reactions: nishs

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ran a front plate on mine when I had it, I bought CPO so it already had the mount on the front. My incoming car (boxster) won't have a front plate.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a Vette from 06 to 15, and now my Macan since then. Have not had a front plate on either and have had no issues. My wife did get a warning in her BMW about 5 years ago and at her request I put one on that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts