Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wondered if majority of Texas Macan owners equip the front license plate with their cars? I prefer to not do it.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Not from TX but MN where front license plate is mandatory. I am going to almost 5 years with no front plate and going strong.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just wondered if majority of Texas Macan owners equip the front license plate with their cars? I prefer to not do it.
I don't have one on mine. I know it isn't legal, but I hate the way it looks. The only time it has become an issue for me (rarely) is if I'm traveling from city-to-city on the highway, and they will usually just give a warning.

·
Registered
386 Posts
It's a risk - parking enforcement in big cities (Dallas, Houston, etc.) plus it could be a probable cause reason to pull you over. Prior to a couple of years ago, violation was just a "no fix/no cost" warning. I believe now it's a "fix-it" ticket and may have $'s involved. Realistically you only see it when you're parked so unless you don't like the look when you're parked, leave it off. Only time I've been stopped was in my 911...but I do have the plate on my Macan.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
I live in Fort Worth and prior to the Macan had a BMW 330D and prior to BMW had a 911. I have not had a front license mounted with either cars for the past 10 years. No problems so far.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Going on 20 some odd years with no front plates. Hate them. I’ve been pulled over maybe twice or three times throughout the years. Never a ticket, only a warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
The previous owner of my 997 ran his car without a plate here for a number of year.
It is required here. 3 x 200 dollars tickets in three month, changed his mind.
My Macan came from Quebec, which does not require a plate. I put one on, in order to comply.
"Resistance is futile. " I heard somewhere ;)

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Required in CA too, In 20 years I've never had a front plate on a car. I heard that in the Cities of SF and Berkeley they are beginning to impound or Boot cars that don't have front plates. I installed the tow-hook solution. I think it looks just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Arizona provides one one plate so it goes on the back. When I lived in Washington State front plates were required. Not running a plate when required just gives the police a reason to stop you. The mount I used was a Skene bracket so no holes were drilled in the bumper just in the plastic below and behind the painted bumper.

I agree that front plates due not add to the looks of a car except the Tesla model 3 which needs something to breakup it’s ugly front end IMO.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ran a front plate on mine when I had it, I bought CPO so it already had the mount on the front. My incoming car (boxster) won't have a front plate.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a Vette from 06 to 15, and now my Macan since then. Have not had a front plate on either and have had no issues. My wife did get a warning in her BMW about 5 years ago and at her request I put one on that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts