Porsche Macan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a 2018 Macan last November (2019) with roughly 4,500 miles. Almost at 10,000 miles now and the "change oil now" sign is popping up every time I start the car. However, the oil meter indicates that my oil level is fine and is measuring towards the upper level. Given these discrepancy, should I still get an oil change?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Purchased a 2018 Macan last November (2019) with roughly 4,500 miles. Almost at 10,000 miles now and the "change oil now" sign is popping up every time I start the car. However, the oil meter indicates that my oil level is fine and is measuring towards the upper level. Given these discrepancy, should I still get an oil change?
Remember the one year or 10k miles rule for oil change. In your situation, it must means that the oil has already been changed at least once since the new car and the mileage is irrelevant. The date of oil change is the one used to determine the change oil now message. That means one year has passed since the last oil change and you need to change your oil now.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Yes, you change your oil 1x/year. With synthetic oil. Unless you drive > 10K miles per year.

Can you verify from the dealer where you purchased, when was the last oil change? Probably 1 year ago.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Oil level has no relationship to the need for an oil change. As others have said - time to change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.