Porsche Macan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, do all Macans have the same PDK? I mean the same exact part numbers, to be precise. The reason I ask is because I have a 17 GTS, I just stage 1 Cobb tuned it, and I am wondering about the extra wear during launches. If the Turbo has the same PDK, and more power, then I would think launches should not be a concern even with a tune.
Does anyone else regularly launch their tuned GTS, or tuned Turbo for that matter?

·
Premium Member
6,253 Posts
Search the forum. Answer is all Macans don’t have the same exact PDK.

Reactions: Spr12 and grim

·
Registered
335 Posts
I guess we just get tired of answering the same old questions because folks can't take the time to find out from the wealth of information in these forums.

You joined 16 days ago and posted 16 posts? Perhaps you can show some respect Jerm, THAT would be really helpful

siberian

·
Super Moderator
8,930 Posts
As the title says, do all Macans have the same PDK? I mean the same exact part numbers, to be precise.
No.

You're getting pushback because the Rules say to Search first. Being new to the forum that can be irritating but to the thousands of other members who have heard the same question a 100 times, you gotta expect pushback. Don't worry, you aren't the first and won't be the last. There needs to be balance.

Since you said your new to the marque, start with the Porsche catalog. Look it up. Porsche Classic Genuine Parts Catalog - Porsche USA Enter 95b.1 P. 208.

To find out why, read the PDK sticky Origins of the PDK - Audi, ZF, Unicorn tears, etc.

This thread has information from a dealer employee on the PDK. Macan Turbo Dyno Run

AFAIK, the clutch pack is the weak link. The issue isn't what happens immediately but down the road.

Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No.

You're getting pushback because the Rules say to Search first. Being new to the forum that can be irritating but to the thousands of other members who have heard the same question a 100 times, you gotta expect pushback. Don't worry, you aren't the first and won't be the last. There needs to be balance.

Since you said your new to the marque, start with the Porsche catalog. Look it up. Porsche Classic Genuine Parts Catalog - Porsche USA Enter 95b.1 P. 208.

To find out why, read the PDK sticky Origins of the PDK - Audi, ZF, Unicorn tears, etc.

This thread has information from a dealer employee on the PDK. Macan Turbo Dyno Run

AFAIK, the clutch pack is the weak link. The issue isn't what happens immediately but down the road.

Good luck.
Thank you for the helpful information. I’ve searched the forums, but unfortunately using any search with “PDK” returns over 400 posts which isn’t very helpful. I, and I would assume like most people on here, am a car guy (person) and I am familiar with how these forums work. I normally buy Audis but I wanted the best small SUV (CUV?) so here I am. Anyways, thanks again for your information, I will read over the links you posted.

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
I got the same reply the other day on a question where I did do a search. Just ignore those "do a search" comments and move on. It's not worth the time to argue, life is too short.

Refer to post #5 above.

After you've been here awhile, you'll see it's often the same queries over and over and over and over...

3 links were provided above in the noted post that will provide the answer(s).

If one received 400 hits on a query, what does that suggest? ANSWER: The query was too broad/general!

One may have to be a bit creative in configuring a search in order to narrow the focus and obtain more meaningful results.

"It's a poor craftsman who blames his tools."

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Refer to post #5 above.

After you've been here awhile, you'll see it's often the same queries over and over and over and over...

3 links were provided above in the noted post that will provide the answer(s).

If one received 400 hits on a query, what does that suggest? ANSWER: The query was too broad/general!

One may have to be a bit creative in configuring a search in order to narrow the focus and obtain more meaningful results.

"It's a poor craftsman who blames his tools."
lol yea man thanks for the lesson on how to use a search engine. And thanks for reiterating what I already acknowledged about the previous helpful response. Did you comment to actually help with something? Your comment brought nothing new to the discussion. Rather it served as some sort of self-gratification, merely patting yourself on the back as if you are actually helping. In the future it would be helpful if you refrained from commenting unless you are actually moving the conversation along. Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 MACAN GTS BLACK/BLACK
15 Posts
lol yea man thanks for the lesson on how to use a search engine. And thanks for reiterating what I already acknowledged about the previous helpful response. Did you comment to actually help with something? Your comment brought nothing new to the discussion. Rather it served as some sort of self-gratification, merely patting yourself on the back as if you are actually helping. In the future it would be helpful if you refrained from commenting unless you are actually moving the conversation along. Thanks.
Members like [email protected]>@W and Grim are "super moderators". Considered experts on this forum and thus their reply(s).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Members like [email protected]>@W and Grim are "super moderators". Considered experts on this forum and thus their reply(s).
I am aware. but my point still stands. I am not trying to be a jerk, so I apologize if I come off that way. His comment was condescending and offered no real value.

Look we are all trying to share information here, and I would like nothing more than to be a productive member of this forum. Can we please move this conversation back to the topic at hand?

·
Premium Member
6,253 Posts
The young and brazen. :confused:

·
Registered
284 Posts
No I’m with OP on this one...mods have a power trip on “use search/learn the search button” & merging your newly started threads with other threads that are not relevant...I guess they’re bored or something

·
Registered
583 Posts
No the OP broke the rules. Then he got pissy for someone reminding him of said rules. Major character flaw and too common in society today. Look at the mass movement we have now of people hating on cops for simply doing their jobs, which is enforcing rules.

People don't like getting told what to do, especially when they are wrong. And the more wrong that they are the more they don't like it. I get it. But the problem is with the rule breaker not the enforcer, and especially not with someone who volunteers to remind the rule breaker the rules.

·
Registered
211 Posts
When the OP joined the forum he/she agreed to follow the rules.

Instead of making a suggestion and starting a dialogue about changing a rule, he/she simply decided he/she could not be bothered, and that his or her time was far too valuable versus the rest of us. And the OP has proceeded to break even more rules.

The folks who run this forum have very clearly stated why there is a reason for not having threads on the same subject, and even with the above Grim still took the time to try to politely explain the situation.

The OP can either choose to follow the rules, go find another forum where the rules are more to his or her liking, start his or her own forum, or continue to break the rules and eventually be banned from this forum by the mods as they have had to do with other people in the past.

Pretty simple.

·
Registered
115 Posts
When the OP joined the forum he/she agreed to follow the rules.

Instead of making a suggestion and starting a dialogue about changing a rule, he/she simply decided he/she could not be bothered, and that his or her time was far too valuable versus the rest of us. And the OP has proceeded to break even more rules.

The folks who run this forum have very clearly stated why there is a reason for not having threads on the same subject, and even with the above Grim still took the time to try to politely explain the situation.

The OP can either choose to follow the rules, go find another forum where the rules are more to his or her liking, start his or her own forum, or continue to break the rules and eventually be banned from this forum by the mods as they have had to do with other people in the past.

Pretty simple.
+1 (y)
It always takes newbies some getting used to. I've been very impressed with the patience Moderators have and how polite they are when reminding folks of the forum rules, despite them having no doubt encountered the same behavior dozens of times.

·
Super Moderator
8,930 Posts
I've been very impressed with the patience Moderators have and how polite they are when reminding folks of the forum rules, despite them having no doubt encountered the same behavior dozens of times.
Thank you. The OP's question has been answered. I do not want this to continue because it serves no purpose, but its worth it to explain a few things that might not be obvious.

Rules do exist. Read them. You agreed to follow them. Break them innocently, everyone makes a mistake. Break them consistently, goodbye. About this one subject of searching. There are two main kinds of search problems. The first is someone finds an article, posts it, but 5 people did so ahead of them. Search first. We don't need 6 threads on the same article. The second is these kinds of questions.

There needs to be a balance. Most of us go to a forum to learn, share, have a common interest, etc. There will be questions. This forum is now mature. People have come and some have gone. A core group stays as long as their interest remains. The core group can and does change over time. Someone new will have a question. Someone old will be fed up hearing it for the 100th time. It gets old. So, there will be pushback. Its human nature. We need balance, not to scare off the newbies, and at the same time its the lazy person who KEEPS asking questions in new threads that doesn't learn to search thats a problem.

Balance

For those who know the answer, its a good idea to teach those new to fish. for @JermGoodie beside looking up the answer in the Porsche catalog, another easy way to find the answer to your original question is to just look it up at any online Porsche dealer. It takes maybe one minute. Example:

2017 Turbo

2017 S

Different part numbers. Now we can fish.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.