Porsche Macan Forum banner

141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Which was my exact complaint, that the tech just said "uh huh, yes" to everything i asked about the DME update. This resulted in me being able to bring in my car for a free oil change and a "detail" this Friday. The service manager said with confidence that the car will be in better condition than when i brought it in. Lol... i'm washing it before im bringing it in. It was also clayed and spray waxed earlier this month.

I've seen scams of mechanics not actually performing an oil change when saying they did, or not changing out the oil filter to save money during an oil change. What are the chances a dealership would do this when offering a "free" "nothing is free" oil change?
In your previous post you were talking about the service advisor, this is why I pointed that, some people think that the service advisor is an actual mechanic..
Regarding the oil change is all down to the tech that get's the job, The company always request you to complete every job in a correct way but some techs (as any other worker) don't care about doing the right thing.
When I worked at a Porsche dealer in London, a guy that worked in front of me was fired, when the new guy came in found a major stack of all kind of filters, brake fluid cans and many little pieces hidden in his toolbox that he never replaced, the worst part is that he was fired for his bad conduct and not for not doing his job.
Talk to your service advisor and see which tech at your local dealer knows his stuff, he will be probably backed up with a lot of work but you can always ask for him and sleep well at night knowing that he did his job in a correct way.

·
Registered
961 Posts
In your previous post you were talking about the service advisor, this is why I pointed that, some people think that the service advisor is an actual mechanic..
Regarding the oil change is all down to the tech that get's the job, The company always request you to complete every job in a correct way but some techs (as any other worker) don't care about doing the right thing.
When I worked at a Porsche dealer in London, a guy that worked in front of me was fired, when the new guy came in found a major stack of all kind of filters, brake fluid cans and many little pieces hidden in his toolbox that he never replaced, the worst part is that he was fired for his bad conduct and not for not doing his job.
Talk to your service advisor and see which tech at your local dealer knows his stuff, he will be probably backed up with a lot of work but you can always ask for him and sleep well at night knowing that he did his job in a correct way.
Yes, i'm always a skeptic when offered things for "free", especially from a stealership.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Thanks. The crashing started a day after the service. I hadn't been driving my car for several weeks due to stay at home efforts, so I guess it took a bit of driving around to get the XM update beamed down to me. Lucky me. Guess I'll pull the fuse and wait for a week and then plug it back in and see if there is an update.

141 - 144 of 144 Posts