Porsche Macan Forum banner

121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had my 2017 Macan S into the dealer recently for the fuel pump safety update, and they also did the DME update. I wish they had not performed the DME update. I think a Yugo could beat this thing off the line. It seems as though all the shift points were changed. This thing now upshifts way too early and when I get on it, it downshifts way too slow. I am waiting for a call from the dealer to tell me what all this DME update was supposed to do for me.

·
Registered
961 Posts
dropped the baby off this morning, going to do the DME update + the Fuel Flange Recall. Told them about some other misc warranty issues and to call me first before doing anything that would have a charge. They estimate that it'd be done by Tuesday.

Got a 2020 Macan S loaner, drives just like mine. The screen is nicer, but the navi sucks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
dropped the baby off this morning, going to do the DME update + the Fuel Flange Recall. Told them about some other misc warranty issues and to call me first before doing anything that would have a charge. They estimate that it'd be done by Tuesday.

Got a 2020 Macan S loaner, drives just like mine. The screen is nicer, but the navi sucks.
Interesting that they would take so long to do this recall work. I took my 2015 Macan S in to my local dealership at noon on Monday for this very same recall work and they called me up by 2:00 pm to tell me I could pick it up.

·
Registered
961 Posts
shrugs... i got their loaner to beat up, i'm not too sad. i will be if they **** some **** up with the car lol

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Interesting that they would take so long to do this recall work. I took my 2015 Macan S in to my local dealership at noon on Monday for this very same recall work and they called me up by 2:00 pm to tell me I could pick it up.
Yes, I waited at the dealer for two hours. Got a free wash and the wiring for the trailer hitch done, too.

·
Registered
961 Posts
wiring for the trailer hitch done, too.
they did something for free? lol.... i listed them a bunch of random nick nacks wrong with the car. lets see if they do anything about it.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
they did something for free? lol.... i listed them a bunch of random nick nacks wrong with the car. lets see if they do anything about it.
Today I got a JD Powers survey to fill in (they add a dollar bill so you feel guilty if you don't). I had to actually look up the records. I stand corrected. Before sales tax I was charged $30 for the hitch wiring. However, that still might stand as a record.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Today I got a JD Powers survey to fill in (they add a dollar bill so you feel guilty if you don't). I had to actually look up the records. I stand corrected. Before sales tax I was charged $30 for the hitch wiring. However, that still might stand as a record.
no just for @wwahl , but one time with another brand of vehicle, i brought my car in within warranty timeframe for water that leaked into the car. They said it wasn't covered and billed me $160 for 2 hours of labor diagnose the problem with a "free repair." This is why i no longer buy from that shite company anymore. Has anyone ever brought their car in to have the dealership inspect a problem to see if it'd be fixed under warranty to arrive to a bill for "diagnosing" said problem?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Got my car back after the DME update. the service advisor aka service salesman was a complete idiot and couldn't explain what the DME update did.
The car drives the same on my 30 min drive home (combination of highway and local)

What does this DME update do and what am i supposed to feel?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Had my 2017 Macan S into the dealer recently for the fuel pump safety update, and they also did the DME update. I wish they had not performed the DME update. I think a Yugo could beat this thing off the line. It seems as though all the shift points were changed. This thing now upshifts way too early and when I get on it, it downshifts way too slow. I am waiting for a call from the dealer to tell me what all this DME update was supposed to do for me.
Did you hear back from the dealer? How it the car driving now

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got my car back after the DME update. the service advisor aka service salesman was a complete idiot and couldn't explain what the DME update did.
The car drives the same on my 30 min drive home (combination of highway and local)

What does this DME update do and what am i supposed to feel?
The service advisors can't explain anything because they are not people witch technical knowledge they are sellers but they have no idea about why they are selling you.
They are basically a mechanic secretary which repeats to you what the tech wrote in the system, 99% of the times they will get it wrong making it look like the company wants to steal your money, then when the customer kicks off, the tech comes into the scene showing you the exact issue and giving you a proper explanation.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Regarding the DME reflash, it's virtually impossible to feel the update, they correct communication protocols between the modules, minimal bugs that will cause an issue on the long term, etc.
But a DME reprogram at the dealer will never be to give you 20 extra Hp.
I'll try to talk to my friends to find out exactly what this update does to the DME.

·
Registered
961 Posts
The service advisors can't explain anything because they are not people witch technical knowledge they are sellers but they have no idea about why they are selling you.
They are basically a mechanic secretary which repeats to you what the tech wrote in the system, 99% of the times they will get it wrong making it look like the company wants to steal your money, then when the customer kicks off, the tech comes into the scene showing you the exact issue and giving you a proper explanation.
Regarding the DME reflash, it's virtually impossible to feel the update, they correct communication protocols between the modules, minimal bugs that will cause an issue on the long term, etc.
But a DME reprogram at the dealer will never be to give you 20 extra Hp.
I'll try to talk to my friends to find out exactly what this update does to the DME.
Which was my exact complaint, that the tech just said "uh huh, yes" to everything i asked about the DME update. This resulted in me being able to bring in my car for a free oil change and a "detail" this Friday. The service manager said with confidence that the car will be in better condition than when i brought it in. Lol... i'm washing it before im bringing it in. It was also clayed and spray waxed earlier this month.

I've seen scams of mechanics not actually performing an oil change when saying they did, or not changing out the oil filter to save money during an oil change. What are the chances a dealership would do this when offering a "free" "nothing is free" oil change?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I did my 4 year service and got the DME update and fuel flange recall done on Wednesday. Car does seem sluggish, but that is undoubtably because I deinstalled the Cobb tune before going and have yet to put it back on.

Perhaps coincidentally, but yesterday my PCM started to randomly reboot every 2-5 minutes while listening to the radio or in map view mode. I've removed my cell phone from the Bluetooth list as a diagnostic step just to see, based on earlier discussions on this forum from 2015-2017.

Did anyone else observe this problem?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I did my 4 year service and got the DME update and fuel flange recall done on Wednesday. Car does seem sluggish, but that is undoubtably because I deinstalled the Cobb tune before going and have yet to put it back on.

Perhaps coincidentally, but yesterday my PCM started to randomly reboot every 2-5 minutes while listening to the radio or in map view mode. I've removed my cell phone from the Bluetooth list as a diagnostic step just to see, based on earlier discussions on this forum from 2015-2017.

Did anyone else observe this problem?
As @Teddis noted, it's a known problem. It started yesterday, and here's the link:

121 - 140 of 144 Posts