Porsche Macan Forum banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I’m getting these error codes. Have not had any DME updates. Anyone know what they are?

17 Turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nope, just plugged in the AP to poke around.
I cleared the codes and re installed the stage 1+ 93. Same drive, did not notice anything different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
961 Posts
Car is going in, in a week. will uninstall the cobb tomorrow. I see the latest tune is the v2.08, which i have installed on the car already.
Is it the AP device itself that i have to plug into the PC and update the firmware for, then reinstall the same v2.08 to the car?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Car is going in, in a week. will uninstall the cobb tomorrow. I see the latest tune is the v2.08, which i have installed on the car already.
Is it the AP device itself that i have to plug into the PC and update the firmware for, then reinstall the same v2.08 to the car?
Sequence is download new Cobb software to computer. Cobb AP has to be attached to computer to do this. Next, download software from computer to Cobb AP. Third, go to car and attach charger, plug in connector to OBD-II port and to Cobb AP. Follow the directions in the booklet.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Sequence is download new Cobb software to computer. Cobb AP has to be attached to computer to do this. Next, download software from computer to Cobb AP. Third, go to car and attach charger, plug in connector to OBD-II port and to Cobb AP. Follow the directions in the booklet.
yep, i just uninstalled the cobb from the car (i had v2.05 installed.) Came home and updated the AP firmware (checked off beta, but i think the ROM update is no longer in beta). I had the v2.08 map downloaded on my computer, but couldn't copy it over to the AP because the AP was in "uninstalled" status. I read on another car forum that you can't drag new maps over because the AP is uninstalled and doesn't know if the map is compatible with the car? Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
yep, i just uninstalled the cobb from the car (i had v2.05 installed.) Came home and updated the AP firmware (checked off beta, but i think the ROM update is no longer in beta). I had the v2.08 map downloaded on my computer, but couldn't copy it over to the AP because the AP was in "uninstalled" status. I read on another car forum that you can't drag new maps over because the AP is uninstalled and doesn't know if the map is compatible with the car? @Cobbtuning, can anyone confirm?
I did not run into this problem. I had uninstalled the car software; took it in to the Porsche shop for the DME upgrade+fuel pump fix; went home and tried to reinstall Cobb software and it wouldn't. Then it was back and forth contact with Cobb. They designed a beta for me to install. I downloaded to the computer and then transferred it to the Cobb AP. This is where you have hit a roadblock. During this period I was instructed by Cobb to remove all old software from the computer application before trying to download the new stuff. I think this is your roadblock. I would start a communication with Cobb and ask if this is what you should do.

·
Registered
961 Posts
yep i think i'll be ok. V2.08 actually came out a long time ago (early 2020) i actually already had v2.08 saved on my cobb AP already. I thought there may be something new with the v2.08 so i tried to do a fresh download of v2.08 off their website. But now that i think of it... it should be the same or cobb would be stupid to make changes to a version and not change the #.

·
Registered
961 Posts
@wwahl , do you connect a battery charger while doing your COBB install & uninstalls? my uninstall was almost 10 mins long and the installs are similar if not longer. My worst nightmare is the car just shutting down due to battery or something.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
@wwahl , do you connect a battery charger while doing your COBB install & uninstalls? my uninstall was almost 10 mins long and the installs are similar if not longer. My worst nightmare is the car just shutting down due to battery or something.
Yes, I absolutely follow the Cobb recommendations and lift up the hood and connect and start my battery charger before connecting the OBD II port to the Cobb AP. Though it might not be needed who needs that sort of a gamble? It is a 5 minute insurance policy.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Yes, I absolutely follow the Cobb recommendations and lift up the hood and connect and start my battery charger before connecting the OBD II port to the Cobb AP. Though it might not be needed who needs that sort of a gamble? It is a 5 minute insurance policy.
definitely. Which charger do you have?

·
Registered
961 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
I crank it up to the highest setting for AGM batteries. It is only on there for 5 minutes.
nice! i'm gunna drive the car around for a week without the cobb tune, bring the car in for the fuel flange recall. I'm not even sure i'm getting this DME update... just someone on the forum mentioned it... dont know how he figured.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
nice! i'm gunna drive the car around for a week without the cobb tune, bring the car in for the fuel flange recall. I'm not even sure i'm getting this DME update... just someone on the forum mentioned it... dont know how he figured.
Trust me, they will do the DME update at the same time. All dealers march to these same orders.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Trust me, they will do the DME update at the same time. All dealers march to these same orders.
i'll keep ya posted by friday! Going at 7am... lol NYC Coronavirus problems. trying to get in, get loaner ;) and get out!

101 - 120 of 144 Posts