Porsche Macan Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
To add, our 2015 S with about 80k miles started the jerking thing with TC, changed out the fluid myself with Motul DCT-F, took .68L, reused the drain plugs, took about 30 minutes at a cost of $20, immediately fixed the issue. Car now has 134k miles and gets beat on regularly, still going strong.

·
Premium Member
6,034 Posts
It may be a good idea to change the TC fluid at the same schedule for the PDK fluid at 40k miles.

·
Premium Member
6,034 Posts
To add, our 2015 S with about 80k miles started the jerking thing with TC, changed out the fluid myself with Motul DCT-F, took .68L, reused the drain plugs, took about 30 minutes at a cost of $20, immediately fixed the issue. Car now has 134k miles and gets beat on regularly, still going strong.
Nice for $134k miles on your 2015 S. I have a 2015 S too and hope it will be just like yours. The highest mileage I have driven on my cars was about 120k miles before I got rid of them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
after reading the forum ... regarding the tc fluid change:

is it possible not to touch the drain plugs and do it all from the vent tube location ? extract all fluid and fill back in ?

regarding the arb 170112 differential axel breather kit . is this the correct part number to put instead of the standard vent tube of the transfer box ?

thank you

·
Registered
396 Posts
after reading the forum ... regarding the tc fluid change:

is it possible not to touch the drain plugs and do it all from the vent tube location ? extract all fluid and fill back in ?

regarding the arb 170112 differential axel breather kit . is this the correct part number to put instead of the standard vent tube of the transfer box ?

thank you
No you just drain the fluid, can’t do that through the vent tube. I got the arb diff breather kit, any one will work. I also had to use some pieces of hose and brass fittings. It is a universal kit that you have to make work with the macan.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Changed the TC fluid on '17 S last night along with routine engine oil/filter change. 30K miles. Easy peasy! Used Porsche TC fluid and new TC plugs. $86.

Thankfully the TC fluid I drained out looked good. No signs of water or emulsifcation. I extracted exactly 500ml. About half of the fluid drianed out of bottom drain hole. The other half I extracted with a 150ml syringe and a small diameter tube about 10" long through the check/fill hole. I ordered the syringes and catheters off Amazon in the medical section. They're handy to have around for extracting brake fluid or PS fluid (in my 987).

When I replaced the TC fluid I was only able to get about 250ml into the check/fill hole before it started to leak out. The remaining 250mI I filled though the breather valve tube on top.

Given the design of the rubber breather valve it's no wonder these TC's are failing. I don't think I will modify the breather valve with an ARB kit, but since new Porsche OEM breather valves are only $6 I think I will replace the breather valve every time I change the fluid. Breather valve part # 95834139300.

In the future I may consider using OEM Shell S-Tech OIL0005 (TF-0870) Fluid which is less than half the cost of the Porsche fluid... just on principle. $26 (1L) vs $53 (850ml).

101 - 108 of 108 Posts