Porsche Macan Forum banner

141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Gotcha....so not required to change coils at 4yrs or 40k ? Per Porche service guide?

Seems you would do this while in there no ?

2016 Macan T

IDK how accurate this web site is but, I bet if you called your local Porsche Parts Dept. & asked the cost for each Ignition coil, it would be high. And that is with your labor.

·
Registered
290 Posts
For information purposes, I checked on line. Coil pack p/n 946.602.104.03 lists for $65.83 and can be bought on line for $46.06 from a dealer. If you were to have the coil packs changed concurrent with a spark plug change, it would add approximately $400 in parts cost...IF they just charged you list price. Of course, they wouldn't let you get away with free labor, even though they had to remove and replace the existing coil packs to do the spark plug change. Knowledge is power, folks!

Reactions: iconoclast

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Not bad if you have to DIY replace 1 coil.

Reactions: aftCG

·
Registered
26 Posts
So did we ever come to a consensus whether or not iridium plugs are the preferred/oem replacement? Im confused that the OP states:

"Plugs:
Porsche Number: 999.170.233.90
Bosch Number: 0242245585 <---- Use this one to search.
Its an iridium plug with an odd electrode connection.
28 Nm tightening torque
0.700 mm gap (DO NOT STICK A FEELER GAUGE IN THE GAP)"

But those part numbers lead to double platinum plugs? So for those who have pulled their plugs were they platinums or iridiums?

As an added question for those who have tuned with cobb etc... have you thought about or tried brisk silver racing plugs? Those are what I currently run on my tuned s4. TIA
Looking for the same info and couldn't find it going through the threads. So the plugs that come with the car are platinums or iridiums?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Bosch FR-5-NPP-332 S

Suncoast
rmeuropean
Pelican Parts

I bought for my 2016 & will change when hit 30K miles. Soon.

141 - 147 of 147 Posts