Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried searching. Has anyone swapped out a rear hatch lift? I've got a bad one and haven't been able to find a video or description on how to do this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! i assume i need to pull the plastic panels to get to the electrical connection

·
Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
533 Posts
While I haven‘t done this on the Macan, it looks similar to replacing them on other cars which I have done. Obviously you need the right parts, and propping the tailgate open (super important if you value your head). once you get the collars off removing the struts isn’t too tough.

For details on the trim pieces there’s some good info in the very long macan stereo upgrade thread on removing all those

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
I've tried searching. Has anyone swapped out a rear hatch lift? I've got a bad one and haven't been able to find a video or description on how to do this.
Are you thinking the electric driver itself is bad, or just that a strut has gone bad, and that in turn is preventing the electric driver from lifting the gate?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The plastic on the driver's side strut is cracked in a few places and is causing the strut to stick as the pieces slide together, the spring underneath is rusted and exposed, so id like to replace it. I don't want to pay the dealer to do it I'm a decent mechanic, just hoping to get a video or any advice from someone who has done it before I start taking things apart.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
..... just hoping to get a video or any advice from someone who has done it before I start taking things apart.
Okay. If you haven't already, you might want to download a copy of the service manual.

There is a link in the first post of the thread below where you can download a copy.

When you open the document, you can click on View in the menu bar and activate the sidebar and table of contents if they don't already come up by default.

2015 & 2016 Service Manual

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
Thank you! i assume i need to pull the plastic panels to get to the electrical connection

The struts are pneumatic - and are not electrically powered... (or are they?)

I took the terms "lift" and "I've got a bad one" to mean strut - and not motor... or the rear lid itself... (???)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The struts have electrical connections. Its just the strut that is bad. Thank you for clarifying.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i downloaded the manual, thank you all for your help now to see if i can find the info i need

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
i downloaded the manual,....now to see if i can find the info i need
The procedures for the rear lid starts on page 1278.....and the strut procedure starts on page 1294. Best of luck! Let us know how it turns out. (y)

Reactions: jamieb123
1 - 11 of 11 Posts