Porsche Macan Forum banner
53K views 168 replies 48 participants last post by  LNLF 
#1 ·
Has anyone else had both their Oil Separators replaced?

P/N 946-107-230-77 “Non Return Valve” (+ 2 O-rings P/N 999-707-677-41)
Suncoast calls them: “Check Valve”
https://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/...tYWNhbiZ5PTIwMTYmdD10dXJibyZlPTMtNmwtdjYtZ2Fz

I had car in to fix steering wheel squeak, (3rd X) I also had them check for some other stuff including a whistling noise that seemed new.

I had never even heard of oil separators b4. Tech said can cause a whistling noise when bad. He heard a noise when car was shut off which indicated these parts were bad.

Reactions: Jack90210
#166 ·
Cracked the lid on this trying to do it myself. I was using the Vinyl siding tool. I think my mistake was to do it with it still attached to the car. Definitely should remove it first.

So I went and bought a new OEM entire unit lol. Original quote was $250 for the single valve, O-rings were $30! Knocked it down a bit for the unit and O-rings to $200 but wow!

#168 ·
Hey everyone.

so I just got home and when I pulled into my underground garage I heard a loud whistle coming from my engine. Car ran great, I drove it about 150 miles. I didn’t think the whistling was from my car, but one of the fans in the garage. When I turned it on, the check engine light came on. When I rev the engine, the whistle sound disappears.
I can’t attach a video, but these are the codes my scanner pulled. Is this just a loose vacuum line? I just hit 65k miles today
Vehicle Speedometer Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering wheel

Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Steering wheel Gauge

#169 ·
Whistle noise at idle, disappears when throttle is pressed. Typical sign of vacuum leak, where unmetered air is entering the engine thru a loose hose, broken hose, disconnected hose, etc. Engine at idle has the highest vacuum and when a leak is present you hear the whistle from an area where the engine is sucking air that is not filtered or muffled thru the air filter. When you open the throttle, the vacuum is briefly lowered and the whistle decreases in intensity. P0068 may be related. You also have a module communication code and active air shutter code. Probably not related to the whistle. Open the hood, remove the engine cover and see if you can locate the source of the whistle. Determine that the whistle is not from the belt/pulleys, accessories or so forth. If not obvious hold a piece of some kind of hose to your ear and listen thru it. If you find the noise, the fix should be obvious. If you fix what I assume is an air leak, clear the codes and drive it to see which codes return. You have multiple issues.