·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
See:

·
Registered
3 Posts
No tune. Popped the cover and the intake throttle body, including clamps, looks intact. Worried it’s the intercooler, but I have no reason (not expertise) to suspect so. Just a worry of something more major…..

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
A mod must have combined threads.
My post (now #121) was actually post #2 in a new thread, started by MacanHKG.
That post (now # 120) was the 1st post in that new thread.

After the merger of threads, my reply seems idiotic, as if I posted in this thread, which I started, referring MacanHKG to this same thread!
LOL

If MacanHKG had found this thread, He would probably not have asked the question.
o_O

It would be helpful if when a mod merges a new thread with an existing thread, they add a statement such as "This post,
from a new thread, is now merged with this existing thread."

Reactions: jamieb123

·
Registered
2022 & 2017 Macan S, 2013 Boxster S
49 Posts
Good News for those who want to fix their OIL Separator Diaphragms themself. After some research I found the right 51mm Diaphragms on amazon with Prime Delivery.
Ordered 2 of them and my 2017 Macan S was fixed for around $64 including tax. Please take note that: I only replaced the diaphragms and re used the original springs, Black rings and Caps.
Hope this information can help someone in a pinch of time just like me as some times ordering OEM Parts can take up to two weeks or more for delivery and the car is needed back in service ASAP.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you folks for the posts here. I came across these posts looking for a solution for my oil consumption. And sure enough my AOSs are in bad shape. Someone mentioned that they could really thought it was a pulley whining. I thought the same all along. It wasn’t. I have been consuming oil (1qt every 2000miles) and dealing with soot and some smell. No oil leaks. Now I know what to do. I have ordered the same klifex diaphragm as noted in the post above. Will report on the outcome and what I think of the quality. On some topics, the community knowledge in this forum is better than the knowledge of the dealers.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Thank you folks for the posts here. I came across these posts looking for a solution for my oil consumption. And sure enough my AOSs are in bad shape. Someone mentioned that they could really thought it was a pulley whining. I thought the same all along. It wasn’t. I have been consuming oil (1qt every 2000miles) and dealing with soot and some smell. No oil leaks. Now I know what to do. I have ordered the same klifex diaphragm as noted in the post above. Will report on the outcome and what I think of the quality. On some topics, the community knowledge in this forum is better than the knowledge of the dealers.
We're yours teared or damaged?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
We're yours teared or damaged?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
One had a very small tear. The other was stuck to the cap. I couldn’t remove it from the cap. It felt like it would completely disintegrate if I tried to remove it. The cylindrical section in the middle is miushy mn both.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Teddies, the top isn’t too hard. I use ‘vinyl siding removal tool’ for things such as this cap. It has an L shaped tip where you can leverage the L’s tip under the tab to push the cap outward and release the tab. I had zero damage to the cap. I can totally imagine removing it with a flat head screw driver too (brute force).
Hope it helps.

Did the CAP pop off easily...no damage ? It could leak air if damaged ?

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
Good News for those who want to fix their OIL Separator Diaphragms themself. After some research I found the right 51mm Diaphragms on amazon with Prime Delivery.
Ordered 2 of them and my 2017 Macan S was fixed for around $64 including tax. Please take note that: I only replaced the diaphragms and re used the original springs, Black rings and Caps.
Hope this information can help someone in a pinch of time just like me as some times ordering OEM Parts can take up to two weeks or more for delivery and the car is needed back in service ASAP.
@torresfe Any reason you chose the Volvo Amazon version as opposed to the Porsche one ? Better fitment perhaps?

·
Registered
2022 & 2017 Macan S, 2013 Boxster S
49 Posts
@torresfe Any reason you chose the Volvo Amazon version as opposed to the Porsche one? Better fitment perhaps?
Teddis; the only reason why I choose the Volvo version is just because they are the right size Diaphragms (51mm), No Porsche version on amazon that I could find on the needed size. I did order the same Klifex Diaphragms (Porsche version) sold thru Ebay, they ship from an overseas location; before finding the ones on Amazon. It has been three weeks and I still waiting for them to arrive on the mail. If they ever arrive, I will keep them as spares. The Klifex Diaphragms quality is a lot better than the OEM ones. I have put around 500 miles on the Macan so far with no issues or warning lights.

121 - 140 of 150 Posts