Porsche Macan Forum banner
101 - 120 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Some photos of the membrane and washers. Definitely seems a easy job to replace membrane instead of whole PCV. The PCV cap is held on with some tabs located on main PCV body, with a flat head and minimal force it pops off.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Just came across this thread and will do this maintenance now at 80k miles. FWIW, Gaudins is cheaper than FCP euro. Usually FCP euro has great prices but sometimes not.

Thanks!
Agree. Gaudin is my go to parts store most of the time.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just came across this thread while researching on how to minimize soot. I clean my exhaust tips very often and they get dirty right away after driving a few miles around the neighborhood.
Is this also a problem with the newer ones? I know some cars have gone to GDI and fuel injector both

·
Registered
425 Posts
Bought the entire enclosure and popped out the diaphragm. Kind of a waste but still half the price of the OEM Porsche replacement part.
Notice any difference since changing? Were yours ripped or in okay condition? Did the merc parts come with the same spring and black bit the diaphragm sits in?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just replaced mine - '15 Mac Turbo 105K mi.
Symptoms: very low volume whistle at idle heard coming from front center of engine bay - was heard louder under hood or with windows rolled down. The whistle / light grind noise was heard winding down for about a second as the motor was switched off - I swore it sounded like a bad pulley bearing at idle.

However, noise did not increase with RPM and when idling at a red light with auto hold on, touching the brake or switching on sport plus to induce a slight rise in RPM would cause the noise to temporarily cease until RPMs fell. Very loud jet turbine sucking noise coming from both bank 1/2 valve vents, mild RPM stumble on initial stand still post braking, and impossible to remove oil cap when engine running.

Both diaphragms were severely torn. I am shocked how thin these are - like latex prophylactic thin. I am also shocked my idle wasn't rougher and had no check engine light.
Bank 1 was a lot oily-er on the inside.

Completely silent, normal idle now.

Black Material property Gas Camera accessory Personal protective equipment
Automotive tire Coil spring Rim Gas Wood
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Wood

·
Registered
3 Posts
2015 Macan S

Last week, I accelerated hard then heard a pop within the engine compartment. After that, no more turbo boost and ever since, I hear a loud whistle when stepping on the pedal (between 2000-4000rpm) and when lifting off the pedal. Warning lights yellow “Reduced Engine Power. Consult a garage. Driving permitted”

here’s a recording of the sound:

youtube.com

Whistle

youtube.com
youtube.com

what gives?

101 - 120 of 150 Posts