Porsche Macan Forum banner

501 - 511 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
The reason I have not (yet) bought ramps, is that the car will be tilted so, I think not as much oil will drain.
Have not yet done oil change myself on Macan. But I would like to.

When I use jack stands on other cars where there are choices for jacking points, I jack up, place jack stands, place drain pan, remove drain plug to start oil draining & then I remove jack stands to let the car go back to level to finish draining. Then I come back & lift again & place jack stands to change the oil filter & close the drain plug

More work but I think I drain more oil with these extra steps.

I'm probably being too picky. Maybe I drain 95% instead of 90% if I would have just left it up on jack stands or used ramps?

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
I used Rhino ramps with my S and I think pretty much all oil drained out. I added 8.5 qts of new oil and the oil level indicator shows oil level right in the middle between full and low.

·
Registered
2018 Macan Turbo
79 Posts
The goal to getting all the oil out is to let it drain for a longer duration. I doubt a Porsche tech lets oil drain for 2+ hrs when he has a que of 5 more cars to work on.

I performed my 1st oil change last month on ramps and I got almost every drop out since my refill amount matched the exact required amount (forgot the # off the top of my head). I’m pretty **** anal/particular about my beloved car as well. #rampsaregood

·
Registered
93 Posts
I put the car on ramps, remove underbody panel, make sure the drain plug and filter are slightly loose, then reverse off the ramps. There’s enough room to change the oil without the ramps. I go back on the ramps to put the panel back on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Picked up a CPO 2016 a few weeks ago. Looking at the carfax it appears that the oil hasn't been changed since 5/2018 when it was in for 30,000 mile service (bought with 37000 miles on it). Called the service department to see if carfax was correct and he stated the it hadn't been 10,000 miles so there was no need. Um yeah, so thanks to this thread I changed it today. Super easy. Although the number of screws holding the belly pan seems excessive.

Oh yea, dealer wanted $385. No thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Picked up a CPO 2106 a few weeks ago. Looking at the carfax it appears that the oil hasn't been changed since 5/2018 when it was in for 30,000 mile service (bought with 37000 miles on it). Called the service department to see if carfax was correct and he stated the it hadn't been 10,000 miles so there was no need. Um yeah, so thanks to this thread I changed it today. Super easy. Although the number of screws holding the belly pan seems excessive.

You can update the carfax history too since you d.i.y. I also uploaded my receipt as proof I purchased the items too.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Picked up a CPO 2106 a few weeks ago. Looking at the carfax it appears that the oil hasn't been changed since 5/2018 when it was in for 30,000 mile service (bought with 37000 miles on it). Called the service department to see if carfax was correct and he stated the it hadn't been 10,000 miles so there was no need. Um yeah, so thanks to this thread I changed it today. Super easy. Although the number of screws holding the belly pan seems excessive.

More interesting would be the transporter that carried you from year 2106 back to the present.

501 - 511 of 511 Posts