Porsche Macan Forum banner

461 - 467 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yes, as of 2018. If in doubt it should be under code Z1S. The OP doesn't want to wait for the first 10k or 1 yr free service.

siberian

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's an oil filter. You can tell from the snaps on the bottom which attach to the oil canister like VDubs and Audis. It's unlikely that they would change the size/shape etc. of an oil filter from one year to the next. Plenty of places to find them: eBay, RockAuto...
They changed the V6 engines in 2019 to the Audi engines. It's a single turbo V6 now. https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a22537394/2019-porsche-macan-new-look-new-v-6s-more-power-official-photos-and-info/

I wouldn't rule out a new oil filter being needed for 2019.

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
I just did an oil change on my 2015 S this morning. Took me 2 hrs including a quick lunch break. My first time DIY. Dealer did 3 previous oil changes.

I used a pair of Rhino ramps. They are quite low so it is a bit squeeze to get to the rear bolts holding the belly pan. I didn’t jack up the rear so the oil was drained while car was on ramps as described by a forum member here before. I put in about 8.5 qts oil in total. Initially I put in 8 qts but after a test drive the oil measure showed just above min (still green), I then added another half qt.

Previous instructions on this thread are good. The only issue I had was the clearance for the oil filter housing. My old 36 mm socket is too long so I used a pair of vice grips to loosen and tighten the oil filter housing. Next time I will buy a suitable 36 mm socket.

I checked for oil leaks and found none. Car is at 36,600 miles currently.

·
Registered
196 Posts
You can always use some 2x4s or suitable wood in front of the rhino ramps so that by the time your diffuser or spoiler is near the ramp it's already elevated and won't impact the ramp. Have the same issue with the RS5.
siberian

·
Registered
111 Posts
Does that mean they relocated it to the top of the engine?
siberian

Yes, the new S engine has the oil filter on top of the engine, you do not need to remove the belly cover to do oil change now.

·
Registered
196 Posts
461 - 467 of 467 Posts