Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Macan owners.
We at M'Autolite prepared DIY guide to show steps to replace stock 4300K D3S bulbs to Philips X-tremeVision D3S bulbs that provide 5000K with up to 50% more brightness.
Installation took about 15 minutes per side.
Lighting result is GREAT!
Since we are not professional photographer, please excuse our unprofessional photos but if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us.
We are friendly. :D

1. Pop the hood.

2. Remove plastic clip that is located on the side of headlamp above the wheel.

3. Gently pull off the rubberized plastic trim off the headlamp.

4. What it looks like when pulling the trim off.

5. Remove rest of plastic clips from the upper trim.

6. What upper trim looks like before removal.

7. Locate this torx screw holding the headlamp housing and remove it.

8. What the torx screw looks like from side view.

9. Closer photo of the torx screw.

10. The headlamp housing should be removable. Now, unplug the wire harness from the headlamp housing.

11. Locate & open the plastic door lid from back side of the headlamp housing.

12. Once you see the bulb with its holder, unplug the wire harness from the bulb by pulling down. Then, turn the bulb in counter-clockwise to remove the bulb & holder.

13. What it looks like after bulb removal.

14. Here's the bulb sitting on its holder.

15. Remove the bulb from the holder.

16. Philips 5000K X-tremeVision D3S bulb installed on a holder.

17. Install the bulb back on the headlamp housing and reverse the process above.
Here's how it looks (driver's side with Philips X-tremeVision D3S vs. passenger's side with stock 4300K). It's just slightly noticeable from the photo but it looks much better in person.

18. Do the same thing for the passenger's side and enjoy the new upgrade on your Macan!

You can order X-tremeVision D3S bulbs from us by clicking this.
If you have any questions, you can ask us at [email protected].
Thank You,

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have purchased 2 sets of these given the promotion and the DYI guide and Mike was really nice to work with by addressing all my questions before I made the purchase. I was able to put them on the Cayenne in a matter of minutes as I am familiar with the process having upgraded static corners to Osram Cool Blue CBI (4200K). However, I was not brave enough to do it on the Macan given the washer tubes as some posted may be tricky to work with. So I asked the dealer to swap the Phillips and put same Osram Cool Blue CBI (4200K) static corners while they have the units out and they did it for $60. I am really happy with the new lights that completely eliminate the yellow reflectivity of the stock and with the new Phillips they look brighter, cleaner, with premium Xenon blue. I highly recommend this simple and inexpensive mod.

Added Pictures:
Note 1: Although this is on the Cayenne but I put same bulbs in the Macan
Note 2: I had to reduce quality so pics upload as a result the color turned a bit more yellow than reality, otherwise Low Beam and Corner light are visually a close match

Low Beam: PHILIPS X-tremeVision 4800k
Corner: Osram Cool Blue Intense H7 4200k
Fog: Morimoto XB LED Fogs 5500k (Fits Macan S)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have purchased 2 sets of these given the promotion and the DYI guide and Mike was really nice to work with by addressing all my questions before I made the purchase. I was able to put them on the Cayenne in a matter of minutes as I am familiar with the process having upgraded static corners to Osram Cool Blue CBI (4200K). However, I was not brave enough to do it on the Macan given the washer tubes as some posted may be tricky to work with. So I asked the dealer to swap the Phillips and put same Osram Cool Blue CBI (4200K) static corners while they have the units out and they did it for $60. I am really happy with the new lights that completely eliminate the yellow reflectivity of the stock and with the new Phillips they look brighter, cleaner, with premium Xenon blue. I highly recommend this simple and inexpensive mod.

Added Pictures:
Note 2: I had to reduce quality so pics upload as a result the color turned a bit more yellow than reality, otherwise Low Beam and Corner light are visually a close match

Glad to hear that you are happy with the result.
Thanks for the photos.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Ok, I am totally confused. What is the difference (and where are they located) between the fog lights and cornering lights on the Macan S. I have Comfort Lighting and Premium Package on my Macan S and the owner's manual says the following:
Changing light-emitting diodes (LEDs)
Daytime driving lights, parking light, position lights and turn signals, gas-discharge bulbs in Bi-Xenon™ headlights, tail lights, additional brake lights, license plate lights, interior lights, fog lights and courtesy lights in the exterior mirrors all feature light-emitting diodes.

I just replaced my headlight bulbs with PHILIPS X-tremeVision 4800k and thought the only halogen light left in my car where those rounded lights on the bottom of the front bumper which I thought were the cornering lights but now I am confused.

Could you please show on the Macan S where the corner and fog lights are?

Added Pictures:

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
The cornering lights are right next to the headlights, between the headlight and that fake headlight. It is accessed on the side of the headlight housing through a round door.

The lights in the bottom valance or bumper are halogen fogs in the S.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
If you look at the topmost picture in this thread of the OP, you can see it poking out between the two, the headlight and the fake projection thing.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Tks!!!! Did you replace the cornering lights on your Macan as well? If yes, which one did you buy? I did not know that otherwise I would have replaced when I installed the Philips X-Treme headlight bulbs. :(

I don't think I ever turned my fog lights on so I will probably pass on them.

The cornering lights are right next to the headlights, between the headlight and that fake headlight. It is accessed on the side of the headlight housing through a round door.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
I didn't, though it seems as if they can be replaced without taking the headlight out at all. Right on the side of the housing is the round door for access. Not sure if you can get your hand in there though. Had I thought about it I would have changed them out at the same time.

Perhaps the OP can tell us which bulbs to use. And whether they] Turbo has halogens or Xenons there.

As for the fogs, I also rarely use them. The reason is twofold.

I used to always use them on my other cars as I found they nicely light up the side of the road and so better enable you to see perhaps a deer. Also, my other cars had a separate switch for the fogs. In the Macan, I like to keep the headlight switch on Auto and so it's a PIA to put the fogs on. I also find the fogs on the Macan are extremely weak and barely noticeable so I just don't bother with them.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Tks. Agree with you on the fog lights. For some reason I had in mind that those were also the cornering. I hate that yellow light that comes on when I turn the wheel at night. I will definitely change them and it looks like the OSRAM Cool Blue Intense H7 (Twin) is the best option to not mess up the system and start getting error codes.

I didn't, though it seems as if they can be replaced without taking the headlight out at all. Right on the side of the housing is the round door for access. Not sure if you can get your hand in there though. Had I thought about it I would have changed them out at the same time.

Perhaps the OP can tell us which bulbs to use. And whether they] Turbo has halogens or Xenons there.

I used to always use them on my other cars as I found they nicely light up the side of the road and so better enable you to see perhaps a deer. Also, my other cars had a separate switch for the fogs. In the Macan, I like to keep the headlight switch on Auto and so it's a PIA to put the fogs on. I also find they fogs on the Macan are extremely weak and barely noticeable so I just don't bother with them.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
I don't really notice the cornering lights because I don't drive that much at night. But I did just order the ones you suggest on Amazon. They were $19 for the pair.

·
Registered
464 Posts

+1
@santastico I apologize for not being clear and thank you for @MDJAK for clarification. The yellow halogens on Macan S with Comfort Lighting package will still be the static corner bulbs (H7) pointing to the side in the main headlight unit sitting in reflective housing and the fog lights that are at the bottom of the bumper. I recommend replacing both per my earlier note to make all outside lights look consistent in color with improved light output.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I used to always use them on my other cars as I found they nicely light up the side of the road and so better enable you to see perhaps a deer. Also, my other cars had a separate switch for the fogs. In the Macan, I like to keep the headlight switch on Auto and so it's a PIA to put the fogs on. I also find the fogs on the Macan are extremely weak and barely noticeable so I just don't bother with them.
You need H7 for the cornering lights.
We recently installed M'autolite H7 LED on cornering light.
I will post up photos soon.
Having fog lights on, definitely gives better night vision especially with our LED lights installed on fogs. :D

·
Registered
515 Posts
Do the H7 LED cause any issues with the Macan or is just plug and play?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts