Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
2017 S
68 Posts
Checking back in on this. Thanks for the additional info on front gear oil being shared with the PDK (but separate from the clutches). Much appreciated.

If you don't mind, can I ask for the following confirmation. The front diff. fluid services both the front diff. AND the transmission. The PDK fluid services ONLY the clutches. Is that correct?

· Registered
242 Posts
Hi TTMacan, I'm a little confused. Directions said 3 and 5, yet your pics looks like you removed #2 plug? I thought 3 and 5 were for the PDK fluid?
3 and 5 are for the gear fluid.

1 and 4 are for the PDK clutch fluid. The diagram is at an angle. From the side it 4 is almost at the same level back as 1 if that makes sense.

· Registered
49 Posts
Stupid question, but is this fluid change the same as changing the transfer case fluid (just with a different name - final drive oil change?) or are they completely different things?
Thanks for not roasting me on this ;)

· Registered
656 Posts
Couple ways. One involves getting on the ground and looking at the axle (unless you have a lift like @VAGfan). The locking one has an electric motor and wiring harness near the right half shaft. The clean way is look up your options list. 1Y0 = no lock
1Y1 = lock

21 - 34 of 34 Posts