Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Replaced the cabin filter over the weekend. As others have noted, very easy DYI. No tools required. Strongly recommend a good light source to see the screws. I took me a total of 10 minutes to complete the project.

My Macan has 30k miles. Purchased as a CPO with near 21k miles. The filter was not changed by the dealer via their CPO process.

Image of (I believe) original vs. new. Purchased the Mann filter from Amazon at a cost of $40 USD.
Wow, your Macan must have been driven in very dusty area. The cabin air filter in my Macan was changed out at 25k miles and it was barely dirty.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow, your Macan must have been driven in very dusty area. The cabin air filter in my Macan was changed out at 25k miles and it was barely dirty.
Perhaps by the previous owner. Purchased as a CPO with 21k miles, for my driving, outside of pollen season, I wouldn't consider my area high on dust or airborne material. While I live in the Northeast, the car was originally purchased and driven around the state of Georgia. I'll recheck it next summer.

·
Registered
171 Posts
In May '19 I purchased (Mann CUK 2450, activated charcoal filter) from Amazon for $12.60 for my '16 S which is the same filter for a '17 GTS. I just checked Amazon and the price has increased to $19.87! I should have bought half a dozen in May! I don't see any that cost $40. I do have Prime but I can't imagine shipping would add that much if you don't have Prime. This is a fairly easy DIY.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Changed my filter yesterday. I saw the YouTube video above and it took all of 10 minutes, maybe less. Just bought the car last weekend. As usual it's certified, but they didn't change the pollen filter... No surprise there. It saved the dealer maybe $20 and confirmed my suspicions about dealers in general...
Also changed out the foglights to LED vs the halogen bulbs. What a difference!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Replaced the cabin filter over the weekend. As others have noted, very easy DYI. No tools required. Strongly recommend a good light source to see the screws. I took me a total of 10 minutes to complete the project.

My Macan has 30k miles. Purchased as a CPO with near 21k miles. The filter was not changed by the dealer via their CPO process.

Image of (I believe) original vs. new. Purchased the Mann filter from Amazon at a cost of $40 USD.

Just change my as well due to new CPO at 9K. Very easy. Key thing is to get a good enough flashlight to see things. Literally took me just 5 minutes!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just change my as well due to new CPO at 9K. Very easy. Key thing is to get a good enough flashlight to see things. Literally took me just 5 minutes!
I agree with your statement on the lighting. I used an area light. It was very easy to see the three screws.

I will pull the filter in June for inspection. Most likely purchase a replacement within the next few months just to have a spare.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Think this might be the easiest thing to do on a modern Porsche. Watched a 45 second YT video and done. No tools even needed. The 3 screws are hand crank. Wife's Audi is exact same configuration so knocked that out also (was smelling musty with ac on, now know why). Both filters were so dark. The TX dust is tough or they were never done when they said they were- maybe both. Thanks for the thread guys. Nice DYI project.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone, new here and hoping someone can help me clarify a question about the Macans cabin Dust/Pollen filter.

Whilst I know that there is an internal cabin filter located just under the glove compartment, does anyone know if there is a Dust/Pollen filter for the external air intake box that is located on the outside just below the passenger side windscreen. The air intake box in mine is essentially covered by a black plastic covering but when I opened it, there was no filter in place and you can see right into the cylindrical fan that blows the air through the a/c system.

I have looked everywhere to see if there is a filter part that is supposed to fit into that box but have been unsuccessful so am I correct in assuming that it does not house any form of Dust or Pollen filter and that its only the internal cabin filter that does all the filtering?

Just seems strange that you could potentially end up with dust getting through the external air intake box and into the a/c fan without any form of filtration.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
As far as I know Macan only has the in-cabin air filter.

·
Registered
397 Posts
There is a pre-filter available for countries with higher pollution. I purchased and installed just to avoid dust, worked great!

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a pre-filter available for countries with higher pollution. I purchased and installed just to avoid dust, worked great!
By the way TTMacan, did you have to do any modifications or a simple case of opening up the external air intake box and dropping the filter in..?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts