Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You should change your cabin air filter yearly or every 20k to 30k miles. More often if you drive in dusty conditions.
They're relatively cheap and keep the interior of your car smelling fresh.

I rate this 1 out of 5 Bloody knuckles. Easy and quick job with no tools required.
If you have the kid tool, use it, keeps you from having to contort into the passenger foot well.

The Audi pollen filter will fit. (In fact the dealership put in an Audi and charged me for a Porsche one)
Otherwise you can get it from SunCoast parts.
Macan S Pollen Filter

In the passenger foot well, under the glove box and against the carpet is a foam vanity trim piece.
Remove the 3 finger screws.
Remove the foam by pushing the edge closest to the seat towards the firewall. Then pull down and out.

With the foam out, you can see the white filter cover.
Slide the cover towards the right side of the vehicle. It takes some force to get over the retention tab.
It will likely "pop" to the right, release, and come flying at you.

With the cover off, you can see the filter. Using a pair of pliers or a screw driver, grab the bottom of the filter to pull it out.
You will have to bend and pry the filter out. Take note of the orientation, with the angled corner up and to the right.

Here's why you change the filter on a yearly basis.

Installation is opposite of removal.
You will have to bend/ smash the filter home.
The white cover should slide and lock into place relatively easy (compared to removal).
Reinstall the foam vanity cover.
@grim, can you sticky this.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Kid tool, yea I have often wished for a 10 year old boy with strong fingers to help with more than a few projects that my old fat man large hands find a challenge. Trying to get the bottom spring clip on the engine intake air filter for my 85 911 back in place is a total pain for me.

That looks like a simple enough repair. Thanks for the post!

Reactions: dlguig83

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
There is an early more detailed thread on exactly this and more. These are made by Mann as you can see in the picture.

There is also a higher performance anti-allergen version of the filter from Mann available on Amazon for about $28 shipped.

https://www.amazon.com/Mann-Filter-FP-2450-FreciousPlus/dp/B00URDQ676/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1484005310&sr=1-3&keywords=macan+filter

The basic OEM version is about $18. That is IDENTICAL to the Audi or Porsche supplied unit other than missing an added part number. In fact Porsche got lazy and just added the Audi part number on my original.

Save your money and upgrade at the same time!

·
Registered
157 Posts
There is an early more detailed thread on exactly this and more. These are made by Mann as you can see in the picture.

There is also a higher performance anti-allergen version of the filter from Mann available on Amazon for about $28 shipped.

https://www.amazon.com/Mann-Filter-FP-2450-FreciousPlus/dp/B00URDQ676/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1484005310&sr=1-3&keywords=macan+filter

The basic OEM version is about $18. That is IDENTICAL to the Audi or Porsche supplied unit other than missing an added part number. In fact Porsche got lazy and just added the Audi part number on my original.

Thank you, ordered one.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts

Thanks! The same one sold by Amazon is only $22 and you get 2-day free shipping if you are a prime member.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Many many Porsche parts are the same as Audi and VW. Have had numerous times my Porsche parts guy will say here's the Porsche SKU go next door to Audi and buy it there. Anywhere from 10% to 30% less. Same part.
Cabin air filters. NAPA has them in 2 grades. Cheap to compete with other retailers. No charcoal . Just a plain white filter. Better one OE equal with Charcoal to absorb odors. It's the same one that been used in Audis for years.
I do mine every year. Easy and I mean easy to swap .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all, need some help here. I got the old filter removed but for the life of me, can't get the new one in. Correct me if I am wrong, but as I am sitting in the passenger seat, the cut off part is up and to the right, correct? I am finding that it does not slip right in and that I am pretty much having to smush it in and it just does not seem to fit right. Once I got it smushed it, I could not get the white plastic fastener attached. Is the elevated slot to the left, near the middle of the car or to the right? Just having some major frustrations trying to squeeze my big, stiff body upside down to get this to work. Don't really want to have to make a trip to the dealer to get this done.

thx.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Sit on a small stool outside the car on the passenger side so you don't have to twist your body.

The filter needs to slide in at an angle since the foot well slopes up. I don't remember the orientation of the filter but you should took note when you took the old filter out.

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
Will this fit the Macan Turbo ?
The cabin filters are the same for all Macan models. They are identical to many Audi's as well.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Search on Youtube for Audi cabin air filter change.

Reactions: SoCalS5

·
Registered
88 Posts
Replaced the cabin filter over the weekend. As others have noted, very easy DYI. No tools required. Strongly recommend a good light source to see the screws. I took me a total of 10 minutes to complete the project.

My Macan has 30k miles. Purchased as a CPO with near 21k miles. The filter was not changed by the dealer via their CPO process.

Image of (I believe) original vs. new. Purchased the Mann filter from Amazon at a cost of $40 USD.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts