Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Found a YouTube video posted by a Porsche technician performing the 40K service (PDK oil, motor oil, air filter, cabin filter, spark plugs, etc.). He also listed various specifications. This will come in handy when I attempt my 40K service. Hope this helps others as well.

From Porsche Tech:
Materials used: Winzer rubber and plastic restore (seals and engine trim) ,Wurth HHS-K lubricant (locks and hinges), Porsche sunroof grease 000.043.303.39, Porsche high pressure grease (door straps), Osixo anti squeak spray (steering shaft seal), Interflon super fin Lubricant (rear sunroof track)

Torque Specs:
Engine drain plug - 21 ft lbs

Engine oil filter - 19 ft lbs

PDK drain plug - 33 ft lbs

PDK fill plug - 44 ft lbs

Spark plug torque - 22 ft lbs

Spark plug gap - .80mm

·
Registered
144 Posts
Found a YouTube video posted by a Porsche technician performing the 40K service (PDK oil, motor oil, air filter, cabin filter, spark plugs, etc.). He also listed various specifications. This will come in handy when I attempt my 40K service. Hope this helps others as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQxK5U6gjK8

From Porsche Tech:
Nice vid, but does the dealer really do all that extra lubing and cleaning?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Did mine today. Used Febi fluid and all oem washer, plugs, filter. Got 5 liters out and 5-1/3 back in.
I bought the car CPO, dealer supposedly did it at 37k, but I was skeptical after I decided to do an oil change only 3k miles after I got it and they had supposedly just done it before I bought it, oem oil filter was collapsed and oil was very dark black. Being nervous this wasn’t done it got done today again at 49k, filter was very black and the fluid was okay looking, who knows I guess.
Used my vag com from the vw/Audi world and it logged into the trans perfectly fine and read out all values/temp etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Easy DSG service

Just did DSG service with a pump bottle to place fluid and a POR II unit to monitor temp. So easy. Take your time, put it up on ramps jack the rears and use jackstands with hockey pucks that have been modded to fit in jack areas. Cost you about 15 bucks from Amazon. cut two pucks and use heavy wood screws to join to a whole puck and viola you have perfect stability

·
Registered
608 Posts
I just went through this and have a question. I drained it fully, added fluid, and took it to 40 degrees C measured with the 510. I took it through all the gears. But it only accepted 4.5 liters of fluid. So I then took it for a short drive and took it through gears 1-7 and back to the garage, thinking I needed to do that do make sure the fluid was circulated. The temp was at 40 and it still wouldn't take any more. So even though I did it at the right temp and drained it fully, it only took 4.5 liters. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
How much fluid did it drain out?

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Measure it if you haven’t disposed of it.

Or, do you have any estimate of it? If you have done enough oil changes, you should be able to tell the difference between 4-5 qts and 6-7 qts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey guys, just did my PDK change today. There is another filter inside the pan we changed. Looked at a Porsche dealer video and they did not remove pan, just changed the external filter. What gives?

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Fairly certain it was mentioned earlier in this thread that the interior filter is not normally replaced.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Ordered the parts needed to do this today. I was a bit shocked by the cost of the interior filter (some call it a "cooling filter") and the pan gasket, but found AutohausAZ.com has a Febi made filter for $21 and an Elring pan gasket for $15, so I decided to go ahead and replace the interior filter while I'm at it even though it's apparently not required.

AutohausAZ also has Fuch's version of the fluid on sale for $10.93 per quart, as well as a Febi made external filter for $13 (including the seal, unlike the OEM one).

Oddly, Autohaus does not carry the O-ring for the internal filter, so I had to order that elsewhere.

So I was able get all the parts for about $135 delivered, and that's with changing the internal filter which most people and dealers apparently don't bother with.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Called the dealer asking for a quote on PDK service including the internal filter. My thinking is it would be a great idea to change the internal filter even though Porsche does not call for it.

They are quoting 3 hours labor @$165 per hour? I was thinking 90 minutes, two hours tops. Does it really take 3 hours?

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Dealer quotes the labor hrs per the factory service manual.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Dealer quotes the labor hrs per the factory service manual.
Sometimes I think the dealers charge whatever they please. For example my 991 cab needed new convertible top hydraulic cylinders, a common repair.. One dealer wanted 2.4 hours labor, another quoted 2.8, and a third 3.5. Same exact job. And I received three different quotes for the exact same parts too.

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
That happens for sure.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts