Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
There is no recommendation to ever change the filter inside. Have to drop the pan. The fluid at 80K come out so clear that at 120,000 I’m no planning on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
gmammakn -

Thanks for taking the time to post your procedure! I'm looking to do the fluid change on my wife's 16 S and discovered Vag-Com will read the trans temp. I tried the Durametric Enthusiast version and saw there is no option to read the trans temp. Since I also have Vag-Com, and it looks like this is basically an Audi trans, I though I'd give it try. It read the Auto Trans controller with no problem. Under the advanced values option, there is a check box for fluid temp. When I first read the temp it was at 28° C and crept up to 32° after a few minutes.

Now all I have to do is get the parts, and I don't have to purchase another scanner.

Shawn

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good day,

I am about to do the trans fluid change on my Turbo, following the procedures of Gmammakn to lift the car, is it ok to have the 2 back wheels in air only? I saw some videos you guys posted and we can see the 4 wheels in the air. Thank you for your feedback.

·
Premium Member
6,068 Posts
I cannot see the labels on the bottles. Are they the same?

·
Premium Member
6,068 Posts
There is no manual transmission for Macan.

Perhaps one is for the PDK and the other for the transmission gearbox? I have no idea. The DIY on the forum is for the PDK.

·
Registered
5 Posts
excellent write up...

Only thing I can add is...

A $10 garden sprayer with a pump handle can be converted to a transmission filler just cut the tip off the end of the hose and now its a pump.

add a small piece of rubber hose to the end for a flexible end

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
There is no manual transmission for Macan.

Perhaps one is for the PDK and the other for the transmission gearbox? I have no idea. The DIY on the forum is for the PDK.
According to the webpage on Suncoast’s website, the transmission oil is “for the gearbox portion, not the PDK clutch side“. Assuming one would consider the clutch to be part of the transmission, it does seem to infer that the transmission uses two different fluids.

Reactions: jzwu

·
Premium Member
6,068 Posts
Good! So the PDK in the Macan is a Porsche unit.

Funny that the Macan PDK fluid change is basically same as my BMW E46 ZF transmission fluid change.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
The 2 oil theory is new
Since I started this thread I guess I will weigh in, but I hate to disagree with a porsche dealer

There is no separate fluid for the clutches and the transmission in the Macan. As far as I know they all have a 7 speed PDK sourced from audi with only 1 fluid. Maybe the 19 Macan has a different transmission?

I just looked through my repair manual and they don't refer to clutch or PDK fluid. They call it all ATF and there is only 1 description of changing fluid with 1 fluid. The exploded parts diagram only shows 1 fluid.

FWIW the 911 PDK has 2 fluids.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The 2 oil theory is new
Since I started this thread I guess I will weigh in, but I hate to disagree with a porsche dealer

There is no separate fluid for the clutches and the transmission in the Macan. As far as I know they all have a 7 speed PDK sourced from audi with only 1 fluid. Maybe the 19 Macan has a different transmission?

I just looked through my repair manual and they don't refer to clutch or PDK fluid. They call it all ATF and there is only 1 description of changing fluid with 1 fluid. The exploded parts diagram only shows 1 fluid.

FWIW the 911 PDK has 2 fluids.
OK. lets ask the same question in a different way. :D
what comes out of plug 5, and what comes out of plug 1?
assuming that i look at the correct transmission of course.
also, rear final drive oil change is called for on the 40K service. number 3 filler plug doesn't have a drain plug so i assume oil change is done by suction?

(Transmission diagram sourced from “Porsche Workshop Manual” page 5841.)

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
OK. lets ask the same question in a different way. :D

what comes out of plug 5, and what comes out of plug 1?

assuming that i look at the correct transmission of course.

also, rear final drive oil change is called for on the 40K service. number 3 filler plug doesn't have a drain plug so i assume oil change is done by suction?

Check out my other thread for diy awd final drive (transmission oil) there are 2 oils for the pdk. One for the clutches that is atf that runs through an oil cooler built into the rad. The other oil is mtf gear oil which is for the gearbox section and front diff which is built into the pdk.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Check out my other thread for diy awd final drive (transmission oil) there are 2 oils for the pdk. One for the clutches that is atf that runs through an oil cooler built into the rad. The other oil is mtf gear oil which is for the gearbox section and front diff which is built into the pdk.
awesome
thanks.
i'm just going to put this here to save someone else the search.

https://www.macanforum.com/forum/engine-technical-discussion/166800-diy-front-axle-final-drive-oil-change-mtf-gear-oil.html

thanks again.
Meir.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Newbie question. If the from is in ramps, and if rear wheels/Tues are suspended in air, how can you run through the gears? Please detail the steps for me. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
6,068 Posts
Car should be stationary. You just roll through P, R, N, D and back.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Oh gotcha, just move the gear lever forward and back while the car is running, while depressing the brake pedal. Thank you for the clarification.

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
It is my understanding the procedure to go through the gear changes is intended to
remove any potential air pockets that may have formed during the fluid drain/refill
procedure.

Be very careful performing this if the car is on ramps & jackstands! FOOT ON THE BRAKE PEDAL!

Remember - the Macan is AWD.

These PDK and transmission fluid change procedures may be actions best left to a Porsche shop,
whether the dealer or third party. The PDK fluid change requires monitoring fluid temperature on
refill, then driving it around, then checking the fluid level again, topping up if necessary.

Good luck!

;)

41 - 60 of 91 Posts