Porsche Macan Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great write up! Make sure your oil meets Porsche C30 or VW 504 00 specification
For the 4cyl 2.0 engine its C20 Porsche Approved Spec (not C30 spec) due to particulate filters and use 0w20 oil weight.

Now as I am learning ...Dealer nor I are sure the USA Macan has the particulate filter

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Performed the first topside oil change on our 2.0 yesterday and initially pulled 4.5 liters, but after fishing the suction line around the pan was able to get very close to 4.7 liters. I probably filled it with an equal amount if not a bit more. I actually got tired of waiting for the engine to warm up which is just my anxiety at running an engine without knowing the level so I used the dip stick from my EA888 GTI and it worked as well as I expected. I also used the standard GTI filter which was exactly what I removed.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Supplies and Tools

First, you’ll need your supplies:
Porsche 2.0T oil filter element and o-ring, part #958-115-562-00. Retail is $21
Quarter turn drain plug with o-ring, my dealer gave me this for free
4.7 quarts of Mobil 1 5W-30. You can use some other weights. Check the owner’s manual.
And Tools (see photo):
T20 Torx screw driver or socket
Phillips screwdriver
Pliers
Wedge tool
Half inch drive socket wrench with 25mm or 1 ¼ socket
Funnel with small drain opening
On a 2017 Macan base I needed a 32mm socket to remove the oil filter cover, not 25mm. And a “small oil fill opening” doesn’t accurately describe this part of the engine. I don’t know who at VAG decided to design an opening in this fashion, but the opening has a bit of metal that basically covers half of the hole. I had to use a funnel that had maybe a 3/8” diameter funnel opening in order to fit it into the engine. PITA.

·
Registered
16 Posts
For the 2019 4 cyl oil specs, it must be Porsche C20 or VW 508 00
Here is what I found:
  • Mobil 1 ESP X2
  • Castrol Edge professional long life IV
  • Total Quartz Ineo long life
  • Liqui Moly Top Tec 6200
All available in 0W-20 grade

81 - 84 of 84 Posts