·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having tested the
  • Hi Performance Air Filters AMS and high flow intake ducts
  • The Cobb Tune
  • and now the Flat Six EVOMS Diverter valve

So far for improved drivability and improved low end performance my vote is for the diverter valves upgrade.

I have not re-added my tune but will look to do that with the diverter valves later this week.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
No way to add without entire front end removal, correct?

(Only asking because this is the last mod I was contemplating).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,916 Posts
How does the valve alone increase performance?

Reactions: notmac1

·
Premium Member
2015 Macan S, EVOMS DV’s,Pedal Commander, Niche CP, Remus exhaust, Flat 6 air intake
133 Posts
You maintain boost pressure, OEM are plastic housing with a weak spring. You can create all the boost you want, does no good as it bleeds away

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
No way to add without entire front end removal, correct?

(Only asking because this is the last mod I was contemplating).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I walked through the instructions and would not consider myself very mechanically inclined but I can follow instructions.

Its more tedious than difficult -

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Maybe it prevents loss of horsepower on cars that are few years old as well - makes my car drive just like it did the day out of the dealership.

·
Premium Member
2015 Macan S, EVOMS DV’s,Pedal Commander, Niche CP, Remus exhaust, Flat 6 air intake
133 Posts
Having tested the
  • Hi Performance Air Filters AMS and high flow intake ducts
  • The Cobb Tune
  • and now the Flat Six EVOMS Diverter valve

So far for improved drivability and improved low end performance my vote is for the diverter valves upgrade.

I have not re-added my tune but will look to do that with the diverter valves later this week.
I would recommend adding Pedal Commander first. I sold my Cobb, just didn’t need the risk of IAT, and I’m not tracking my Macan

·
Super Moderator
3,214 Posts
Isn't it the case that stock diverter valves are just fine provided engine tuning modules are not installed?

I don't recall reading about diverter valve issues people have had with stock engine configurations.

Have I missed those forum posts?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,916 Posts
I trust Porsche designed the stock valve perfectly fine for stock engine performance.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I trust Porsche designed the stock valve perfectly fine for stock engine performance.
All I know is from my own experience. I did notice a significant improvement at speeds of 0 to 90 mph. You get the feel of power like you do when you floor it at 80 mph. When I first started reading comments saw an article describing the v-6 as being a detuned racing engine. I believe it. These engines really respond to increasing air intake

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
It had 38 k miles on it

·
Premium Member
6,916 Posts
I have 42k miles on my 2015 S and the car still feels like when it was first driven in 2015, some 6 years ago. No engine/ECU mods.

·
Super Moderator
3,214 Posts
Isn't it the case that stock diverter valves are just fine provided engine tuning modules are not installed?

I don't recall reading about diverter valve issues people have had with stock engine configurations.

Have I missed those forum posts?

Thanks!

Again - so that people will not end up trying to replace their diverter valves, believing it's going to result in some sort of magic bullet
jump in performance.

Please provide objective, measurable evidence of gains made to a stock configuration Macan engine and electronics by changing out only the diverter valves.

·
Registered
376 Posts
While stronger diverter valves may work well, the prospect of installing them on a car still within warranty is somewhat scary to me. It’s not like you can remove them in a few minutes the way you can with a Cobb tune. For me the Cobb tune has been a great solution on both or Macans.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
There’s a video on YouTube showing the difference. Again for the 95b.1. 95b.2 have a different setup. I did the air intake mod first, K&N air filters and I removed the plastic bridge over the intake as well. Taking off from a stoplight on OEM I would get at max 5 psi of boost. With EVOMS diverter valves and a Pedal Commander I got up to 10 psi boost, with the PC set at city -2. With a Cobb added I consistently got 15 psi. No, it’s not something I’d do to a lease or a car under warranty. Mine was out of warranty when I did it.
It‘s not a terribly hard mod to do. The front fascia is easy to remove which I would recommend even if you don’t replace DV’s. Rocks, bugs, tar, and dirt accumulate at the bottom of the intercoolers, there’s a spot that can’t be reached with a pressure washer from the outside. I fabricated screens to keep larger debris out. Changing the DV’s is not that hard, just need a set of lockable hose clamps and a bit of dexterity. The drive’s side is a bit more difficult.
Here’s a test. Set the car on cruise control at 65 mph and drive up a long hill. Watch the boost pressure. There’s one particular hill that I frequently do this. Psi jumps to 6, stays there and steadily decreases as I reach the apex.
I can only speak from my experience. Diverter valves, to me, made a huge difference at lower speeds, the same response I get when I punch the accelerator at 80 mph and you get that OMG experienc!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Agree with all stated above... I noticed after my Cobb/BGB Tune, if I WOT around 50mph, my GTS will “boost-out” around 5K usually... hence the reason I short-shift most of the time if I am really getting on it hard. I can only ASS-UME from everything I have read over the past two years, it’s the diverter valves that can’t handle the increased boost. I have no leaks anywhere else, no error codes. And it only occurs under 85% or more heavy throttle. I’ve always wanted to do the mod, but just didn’t have the drive to tear off the front end to do it. Since I am still considering getting out of the GTS in the next 3-4 months, I probably won’t do it... but I am tempted if I can talk myself into keeping it thru summer of ’22....

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Agree with all stated above... I noticed after my Cobb/BGB Tune, if I WOT around 50mph, my GTS will “boost-out” around 5K usually... hence the reason I short-shift most of the time if I am really getting on it hard. I can only ASS-UME from everything I have read over the past two years, it’s the diverter valves that can’t handle the increased boost. I have no leaks anywhere else, no error codes. And it only occurs under 85% or more heavy throttle. I’ve always wanted to do the mod, but just didn’t have the drive to tear off the front end to do it. Since I am still considering getting out of the GTS in the next 3-4 months, I probably won’t do it... but I am tempted if I can talk myself into keeping it thru summer of ’22....
If you’re getting another Macan I’d wait, due to the chip shortage you’ll only get 8 way seats. As for “tearing off the front end”, if you can drop the belly pan you can easily remove the front fascia. Mine is a keeper, I don’t abuse her and every mod, I make sure it improves the original component. I opened up the air box and hood. I plan to upgrade the air boxes and air filters when I get my order from Flat 6. After that AMS intercoolers to lower IAT’s. I stopped running my Cobb as I want as close to OEM as possible. And it’s still an amazing machine. I don’t work for Flat 6, but if they carry the mod you can be sure it will improve the performance of the Macan

1 - 20 of 47 Posts