Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,737 Posts
I remember back in early March, 2020 when the cold weather was changing, temperatures rising.
I remember we'd get into the car, run through the gears, back in those carefree days 🚘
I remember seeing some crocus, daffodils, and tulips poking up and the lawns turning green. ☘🌷

I remember going to a late lunch, talking over future plans, maybe for travel 🛫
I remember those good old days

Now my planning is when will I be able to get more TP and how do I plot to go to a store when no one else is there?
Did I touch that surface? There is no sanitizer anywhere
The parties and laughing are all gone :(
Every time I turn on the TV I hear nothing but gloom, stay away from everyone, "social distance" :oops:
All the stations have nothing but infection rates and death statistics! :eek:
Will I ever see the inside of a restaurant again? Be able to socialize again? Not be afraid of coming near someone on the street? Will I ever get to a beach again? 🏖

OH, for the good old days of early March, 2020.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I remember back in early March, 2020 when the cold weather was changing, temperatures rising.
I remember we'd get into the car, run through the gears, back in those carefree days 🚘
I remember seeing some crocus, daffodils, and tulips poking up and the lawns turning green. ☘🌷

I remember going to a late lunch, talking over future plans, maybe for travel 🛫
I remember those good old days

Now my planning is when will I be able to get more TP and how do I plot to go to a store when no one else is there?
Did I touch that surface? There is no sanitizer anywhere
The parties and laughing are all gone :(
Every time I turn on the TV I hear nothing but gloom, stay away from everyone, "social distance" :oops:
All the stations have nothing but infection rates and death statistics! :eek:
Will I ever see the inside of a restaurant again? Be able to socialize again? Not be afraid of coming near someone on the street? Will I ever get to a beach again? 🏖

OH, for the good old days of early March, 2020.
‘I’ve pretty much turned the news off. I wake up in the AM and look at the local morning news for a few minutes to see if they’ve further restricted travel in NJ then I pretty much refuse to watch it as it’s too much.

when I do go the supermarket i wear latex gloves. Restaurants in my area are open f-r take out only but I’m not risking that - i have plenty of food at home and enjoy cooking.

Virtually all business is shutdown in NJ including mine so my daily routine has been:

‘’waking up and making myself a nice breakfast.

Then I check the weather and head out to go hiking all day in remote areas near me and fish a series of ponds.

return home by 6 PM and cook a nice dinner.

Thats my life these days - when the travel,restrictions are lifted I’ll look at what’s left of my business and rebuild it.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
After 2 weeks of my wife and I working from home and not killing each other (she must really love me), and contemplating mortality in this age of COVID-19, just this past weekend I stumbled upon news that Klipsch was having an incredible 25% off sale (with free delivery from most sales sites) on some of their more popular speakers. So in the spirit of helping the economy (and the good Lord's blessing), I ended up ordering a new pair of floor speakers (RP-6000F), powered sub (R-100SW), and a center channel speaker (RP-400C) to replace my 20 yr old Boston Acoustic set up. Since I'm still in the 5.1 world when it comes to home theater, I would have ordered a pair of Klipsch RP-402S surround speakers as well, but unfortunately they weren't on sale....so I'll stick with my current 5 yr old Polks for now....keeping my eyes open though.

Next, when it's comes on sale, a Denon AVR-X3600H A/V receiver to replace my 10 yr old Yamaha RX-A810, which I plan on moving downstairs, together with the Boston Acoustic speakers, to the exercise room, and the Yamaha will replace my over 20 yr old Sony STR-DA555ES receiver.

I've also have high hopes on replacing my almost 10 yr old plasma Samsung 51" HD TV this year since it's starting to show it's age with slight burn in and occasional purple artifacts in the whites, and get a larger 65" Samsung 4K UHD QN65Q90TAFXZA coming out end of April. This way when football season finally does starts (fingers crossed), I'll be able to officially move past all five stages of grief when I see Tom Brady in that Tampa Bay uniform. :cry:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I can't believe I received all the Klipsch speakers yesterday that I ordered from Amazon just this past Sunday....two floor speakers, a powered sub, and a center channel speaker. I have to say, after hooking everything up after work, they sound amazing! Since my wife was home at the time, the FedEx driver never asked her for a signature, and left the boxes right by the side door.

And being the germophobe that I've become, I even wore gloves while handling the speaker boxes. It's sad life these days has come to this, and things unfortunately are only going to get worse these next few weeks....:cry:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts