Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
I'm a CPA & it's tax season. There are no diversions. FML.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
yup. The only problem with Hawks Nest it’s too short but there’s plenty of great roads in that area.

Can u identity this landmark
Nope, ya got me on that one.

I do much of my mo'sickle riding in the Hunter Mt. area, or in the Adirondacks, or in MA or VT. I'm not in the Port Jervis area very much -- just a few rides through there, but I thought I recognized the Hawk's Nest -- so if the bridge is in the same vicinity, I'm a newbie there.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'll get the Cayman out in the next few weeks, but I'm waiting for a couple solid rainstorms to wash the salt off of the roads. I'll probably change my mind next week.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Been taking advantage of staying home and cooking more (which means more driving to the grocery store for supplies!)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope, ya got me on that one.

I do much of my mo'sickle riding in the Hunter Mt. area, or in the Adirondacks, or in MA or VT. I'm not in the Port Jervis area very much -- just a few rides through there, but I thought I recognized the Hawk's Nest -- so if the bridge is in the same vicinity, I'm a newbie there.
That’s the Roebling Bridge a few miles north of Hawks Nest. John Roebling engineered this bridge in 1848 ( it was his first bridge ) his 2nd was the Brooklyn Bridge. It was initially an aqueduct above the Delaware River to get goods from PA to NY.

If your ever down that way heres part of a loop I live - wide open sweepers on Route 97 and sweet twisties on Route 590.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
That’s the Roebling Bridge a few miles north of Hawks Nest. John Roebling engineered this bridge in 1848 ( it was his first bridge ) his 2nd was the Brooklyn Bridge. It was initially an aqueduct above the Delaware River to get goods from PA to NY.
Hey, thanks very much for the info and links. Give me a couple of weeks of warm weather, and I'll bike down to the bridge.

I've ridden the scenic way to Philadelphia (brother and family there), via the Delaware Water Gap, and that's not very far from that route. I've always been fascinated by Roebling's accomplishments.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, thanks very much for the info and links. Give me a couple of weeks of warm weather, and I'll bike down to the bridge.

I've ridden the scenic way to Philadelphia (brother and family there), via the Delaware Water Gap, and that's not very far from that route. I've always been fascinated by Roebling's accomplishments.
Here’s a few more stops that may interest on your way down To PA.

Heller’s Fabulous Furniture in Boiceville, NY - the guy makes the coolest stuff......

Mountain Brahaus in Gardiner, NY for some good German food, mountain views and some sick turns.

This turn leads to the Mountain Brahaus.

Storm King Highway - great mountain road along the Hudson River and right above West Point - this would be out of your way but if you’re ever in the area its worth it A ride.

Storm King Mountain.

the Zane Grey Museum is right next to the Roebling Bridge.

if your crossing the Delaware do it at the historic Dingman’s Ferry Bridge - I believe its the only privately owned toll bridge in the US. It costs a $1 in CASH to cross - no EZ Pass.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts