Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, I have been playing with the Macan builder on the Porsche site. I am still wavering between the S and GTS, but in the meantime, I am just trying to nail down my color combination. I typically like blues, but I already have a Miami Blue Porsche 964. This leaves me with Night Blue and Gentian Blue. I prefer Gentian Blue, but here in-lies the problem. I am a sucker for that full extended red leather. In my opinion, the Night Blue definitely pulls off that interior better. SOOOOO, do I go with my favorite exterior color Gentian Blue or my favorite interior color - Red? I am not sure if I could get on board with Gentian Blue/Red. I have seen some pictures, but I would need to see in person I think. Would love to hear any opinions.

Mr. Wolfe

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Okay, I have been playing with the Macan builder on the Porsche site. I am still wavering between the S and GTS, but in the meantime, I am just trying to nail down my color combination. I typically like blues, but I already have a Miami Blue Porsche 964. This leaves me with Night Blue and Ventian Blue. I prefer Ventian Blue, but here in-lies the problem. I am a sucker for that full extended red leather. In my opinion, the Night Blue definitely pulls off that interior better. SOOOOO, do I go with my favorite exterior color Ventian Blue or my favorite interior color - Red? I am not sure if I could get on board with Ventian Blue/Red. I have seen some pictures, but I would need to see in person I think. Would love to hear any opinions.

Mr. Wolfe
Gentian with red interior is Superman build . The issue with night blue is that it is slated to be discontinued . You do have a dilemma . I would go with the night blue as the combination works , otherwise I’d change the interior on gentian .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I know it is a bit "Superman" and it doesn't flow 100%. I wonder what color will replace Night Blue? Your statements are bang on what I am thinking. Night Blue with Red or Gentian Blue with another interior.

oqjnLu, I'm just gathering opinions as they never hurt. I understand it is MY money.

Mr. Wolfe

·
Registered
651 Posts
It's spelled Gentian blue. I have Sapphire blue over Garnett red and I love it. The colors work on Spiderman.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
As I see it, you'll spend more time IN the car than you will adoringly gazing it from outside. So, I'd vote for the interior color over the exterior. I think the Superman look would be sorta tacky, so I'd pass on that combo. I don't care for red interiors, so that skews my viewpoint anyway!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the pic Racetsu. I know it is Gentian Blue - not sure why I made it Ventian! Thanks for correcting me. I think Gentian is slightly darker Sapphire, do you agree?

Mr. Wolfe

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 Macan GTS in Gentian Blue
67 Posts
I know it is a bit "Superman" and it doesn't flow 100%. I wonder what color will replace Night Blue? Your statements are bang on what I am thinking. Night Blue with Red or Ventian Blue with another interior.

oqjnLu, I'm just gathering opinions as they never hurt. I understand it is MY money.

Mr. Wolfe
Clearly a biased answer. But what about Genetian Blue with a black leather interior with Genetian blue stitching and seatbelts. I think the Bordeaux red is just a tad too maroon-ish to go with Genetian Blue. But just my opinion.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Thanks for the pic Racetsu. I know it is Gentian Blue - not sure why I made it Ventian! Thanks for correcting me. I think Gentian is slightly darker Sapphire, do you agree?

Mr. Wolfe
I'm guessing autocorrect happened.

Yes, Gentian is slightly darker than Sapphire but I think the harmony with a red interior is the same. I think this Ferrari demonstrates how very well medium dark blue is complimented by red seats. https://luxeautomotivesales.com/2017-ferrari-f12-berlinetta-70th-anniversary/

Reactions: Mr. Wolfe

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I know it is a bit "Superman" and it doesn't flow 100%. I wonder what color will replace Night Blue? Your statements are bang on what I am thinking. Night Blue with Red or Gentian Blue with another interior.

Mr. Wolfe
If you have a big budget, have it painted any color you want.

Reactions: Mr. Wolfe

·
Registered
77 Posts
Okay, I have been playing with the Macan builder on the Porsche site. I am still wavering between the S and GTS, but in the meantime, I am just trying to nail down my color combination. I typically like blues, but I already have a Miami Blue Porsche 964. This leaves me with Night Blue and Gentian Blue. I prefer Gentian Blue, but here in-lies the problem. I am a sucker for that full extended red leather. In my opinion, the Night Blue definitely pulls off that interior better. SOOOOO, do I go with my favorite exterior color Gentian Blue or my favorite interior color - Red? I am not sure if I could get on board with Gentian Blue/Red. I have seen some pictures, but I would need to see in person I think. Would love to hear any opinions.

Mr. Wolfe
I am not a fan of red interiors in general but it definitely looks good with certain exterior colors (silver) and horrid with others, pretty much any other bright color, such as gentian blue or (barf) yellow. Def do not do gentian and red. Night blue is a nice color in person, particularly on a sunny day and I would personally lean towards that if I was bent on red interior. The other option is to do gentian with black interior and red stitching. Good luck deciding. It is difficult I know.. It took me a few months to finalize my Macan. Started off mamba green, which was discontinued, then switched to night blue, then gentian blue, and ended up on papaya.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts

Mr. Wolfe
I was just throwing it out there . Look I see Gentian as a really nice color but not with red because I have an instant image . I feel the same with the 911 promo car of carmine with yellow ceramics where its Ronald McDonald . I see shark blue and its a smurf . I am not crazy . These are in fact Superman's colors and McDonalds logo . (see attached) . The main event is Gentian . Black works . Its simple .
Arm Cartoon Superman Mouth Gesture

Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car

Rectangle Orange Font Art Magenta

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
I'll show you a combination which really looks amazing with Gentian but Porsche cut it from the US configurator . Look at Ceramic brake yellow on gentian at night (car is a Gt4) . In the day it probably looks amazing and ion the black GTS wheel even better.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you all for your opinions and insight. It is indeed a tough decision. The good news is, I have time. I am looking to place the order sometime early 2022. In my opinion, red looks great on white, black, silver, grey, Night Blue, and Chalk. I have owned too many silver cars so that is out. I don't want a black SUV, although they look great. I prefer a lighter grey than Volcano which leaves Chalk, white, or Night Blue if I choose the red interior. Chalk is okay, but not worth the upcharge for me and white is a possibility, but I prefer the blues. I have never seen Night Blue in person, but in pictures, I prefer Gentian.

Mr. Wolfe

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Thank you all for your opinions and insight. It is indeed a tough decision. The good news is, I have time. I am looking to place the order sometime early 2022. In my opinion, red looks great on white, black, silver, grey, Night Blue, and Chalk. I have owned too many silver cars so that is out. I don't want a black SUV, although they look great. I prefer a lighter grey than Volcano which leaves Chalk, white, or Night Blue if I choose the red interior. Chalk is okay, but not worth the upcharge for me and white is a possibility, but I prefer the blues. I have never seen Night Blue in person, but in pictures, I prefer Gentian.

Mr. Wolfe
:Look -- You could theoretically get the Superman build . I wont tell anyone . just kidding . The first time I saw one was on a BMW forum in 2005 where the guy wanted the car so badly and the dealership didn't even want to take his order . He was very upset . The forum did poke some fun about it but ultimately he did buy the car .
Then three years later he shows up on a 911 forum and he mentioned his former car . I knew it was him . It was like meeting an old buddy . This time around he went CPO and more conservative but he did have 3 years where he loved his BMW . Maybe you ought to just get it .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:Look -- You could theoretically get the Superman build . I wont tell anyone . just kidding . The first time I saw one was on a BMW forum in 2005 where the guy wanted the car so badly and the dealership didn't even want to take his order . He was very upset . The forum did poke some fun about it but ultimately he did buy the car .
Then three years later he shows up on a 911 forum and he mentioned his former car . I knew it was him . It was like meeting an old buddy . This time around he went CPO and more conservative but he did have 3 years where he loved his BMW . Maybe you ought to just get it .
I also remember a similar conversation on the M3 forum.
Well, the Gentian Blue with red interior was never really on my radar. I love the red interior, but it would be with Night Blue if I went with the red interior. That's my dilemma... Red interior OR my favorite blue?

Mr. Wolfe

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
I also remember a similar conversation on the M3 forum.
Well, the Gentian Blue with red interior was never really on my radar. I love the red interior, but it would be with Night Blue if I went with the red interior. That's my dilemma... Red interior OR my favorite blue?

Mr. Wolfe
You have about 1/2 this thread going with one and the rest the other . I happen to like both blues but can’t deal with red interior so
I am biased toward gentian as it’s your first choice .

1 - 20 of 77 Posts