Porsche Macan Forum banner

121 - 140 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Lol and those people are probably shaking in their boots when lining up to a hot hatch at the traffic lights pretending they don’t care about 0-60 drags
a Macan S stock goes 0-60 in 5 seconds without sport chrono. With a cobb tune, 0-60 drops down to 4.4 seconds (see modifications - macanforum.com/threads/macan-s-with-cobb-0-to-60.144090/ ) Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't that faster than about 95% of hot hatches on the road?

i def dont race people stoplight to stoplight, but have done so and have generally done well. More times, the extra power from the 3.0 engine helped with passing on the hwys.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
a Macan S stock goes 0-60 in 5 seconds without sport chrono. With a cobb tune, 0-60 drops down to 4.4 seconds (see modifications - macanforum.com/threads/macan-s-with-cobb-0-to-60.144090/ ) Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't that faster than about 95% of hot hatches on the road?

i def dont race people stoplight to stoplight, but have done so and have generally done well. More times, the extra power from the 3.0 engine helped with passing on the hwys.
So my S.O. has a '04 WRX STI that she made me install the Cobb AC. I have a '18 Macan S that I have installed a Cobb AC. We need a runoff. We live in the east side of Lake Washington. Is anybody up for dropping the flag for this contest? We can call this Covid-AC. Looking for fun.

·
Registered
43 Posts

a vw golf r is faster at half the price of a Macan s. If you talking modding the limit is endless. Truth is with the money you’ve spent on the Macan s you can buy a whole heap of actual sports cars that’s faster and handles better perhaps just without the Porsche badge

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
a vw golf r is faster at half the price of a Macan s. If you talking modding the limit is endless. Truth is with the money you’ve spent on the Macan s you can buy a whole heap of actual sports cars that’s faster and handles better perhaps just without the Porsche badge
so by your best estimates, what % or # of hatchbacks on the streets in america can go 0-60 in under 4.4 seconds? My personal guess is <1% ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
so by your best estimates, what % or # of hatchbacks on the streets in america can go 0-60 in under 4.4 seconds? My personal guess is <1% ?
ANY hatchback that you spend Macan S money on will be faster than the Macan S and you’d still be saving $$$

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
ANY hatchback that you spend Macan S money on will be faster than the Macan S and you’d still be saving $$$
so how many or what % of hatchbacks on the streets in america go 0-60 in 4.4? guaranteed < 1%......

so back to your original statement of
Lol and those people are probably shaking in their boots when lining up to a hot hatch at the traffic lights pretending they don’t care about 0-60 drags
Pretty sure the Macan S can smoke 99% of hatchbacks on the road today.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If anyone is driving a Macan S solely for 0-60mph times they've bought the wrong car.

It's a two-ton luxury mini-SUV, not a drag racer. That isn't to say it can't accelerate quickly, because it can, but it's not a racing car or lightweight drag car with peaky turbo power.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If anyone is driving a Macan S solely for 0-60mph times they've bought the wrong car.

It's a two-ton luxury mini-SUV, not a drag racer. That isn't to say it can't accelerate quickly, because it can, but it's not a racing car or lightweight drag car with peaky turbo power.
agreed, i dont think anyone (outside of a car that lives on a drag strip) buys a car solely for 0-60. Relating to the topic of this thread, its just one of the few benefits of the Macan S over the base macan.

·
Registered
463 Posts
>>>i dont think anyone (outside of a car that lives on a drag strip) buys a car solely for 0-60.
Probably right . . . and some cars . . . not purchased for anything related to their 0-60 time . . .do very well.

Kid at our barn bought her car because it was "cute".

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had the base now turbo and both had tune on it, depends on your drive style. The macan even in turbo form is not design to go fast, but very nimble and agile. The base with tune is good enough for a suv. The turbo has so much power sometimes it throw off the balance of the car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
so how many or what % of hatchbacks on the streets in america go 0-60 in 4.4? guaranteed < 1%......

so back to your original statement of

Pretty sure the Macan S can smoke 99% of hatchbacks on the road today.
Stock for stock any car you can call hot hatch will give Macan S a run for its money? Just because you can tune your Macan and void the warranty doesn’t mean others can’t and at even cheaper costs? golf r gti Audi s3 bmw135i Merc a35 cla35?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Boi
I'm sure most are aware of this.. What is your point boi?
your mate louissss seems to believe he bought a drag king in his Macan S and in comparison the base is a failure because the Macan are drag cars! Just wanna point out that there’s way better options if 0-100 is your priority

·
Registered
2020 Macan S
38 Posts
your mate louissss seems to believe he bought a drag king in his Macan S and in comparison the base is a failure because the Macan are drag cars! Just wanna point out that there’s way better options if 0-100 is your priority
Point taken... TY

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
You're the one who brought up hatchbacks. So let's stick with that... Stock for stock, how many hatchbacks on the road in America (stock) can go 0-60 under 5.0 seconds (macan S untuned) I'm still saying less than 1%...

Again, you brought up hatchbacks that are faster than the Macan. Again, 0-60 is just 1 thing that makes the Macan S is very different than the base. Neverminding brakes, larger wheels/tires, exhaust, trim upgrades. Other than that... Yea just the 33% larger engine and 90 more HP.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You're the one who brought up hatchbacks. So let's stick with that... Stock for stock, how many hatchbacks on the road in America (stock) can go 0-60 under 5.0 seconds (macan S untuned) I'm still saying less than 1%...

Again, you brought up hatchbacks that are faster than the Macan. Again, 0-60 is just 1 thing that makes the Macan S is very different than the base. Neverminding brakes, larger wheels/tires, exhaust, trim upgrades. Other than that... Yea just the 33% larger engine and 90 more HP.
Your the one that keeps saying the base is far superior and a wrong choice for many owners so I’ve just proven that if speed is your main goal then you’re bought the wrong car especially for the price you paid. There’s plenty of other cars with better value if speed is your main goal. I just pointed out that a fast hatch can give your car a run for its money doesn’t mean all of the hatch backs are fast?! Or are all SUVs fast too?

Again base is lighter and handles better and would need the larger brakes less, all other things are purely cosmetic but that wasn’t my point

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Your the one that keeps saying the base is far superior and a wrong choice for many owners so I’ve just proven that if speed is your main goal then you’re bought the wrong car especially for the price you paid. There’s plenty of other cars with better value if speed is your main goal. I just pointed out that a fast hatch can give your car a run for its money doesn’t mean all of the hatch backs are fast?! Or are all SUVs fast too?

Again base is lighter and handles better and would need the larger brakes less, all other things are purely cosmetic but that wasn’t my point
def not, 0-6

The base is the wrong choice for the poster who said he only drives in sport mode so he can get more power. my response was: then maybe you should've gotten a more powerful macan, so you can fully utilize the "regular mode" and "sport mode" for their respective uses.

Speed is not my main goal, or else i'd own a street-illegal drag car. Speed is just one benefit the Macan S has over the base. I bought the macan for speed, luxury, brand image, handling, service quality, reliability, braking ability.

You attempted to point out that "plenty" of hatchbacks on the road are faster than the Macan S in 0-60 @ 5.0 seconds. I'm telling you that less than 1% of hatchbacks on the road go 0-60 in less than 5 seconds. And even less than 1% of all (stock & tuned) hatchbacks on the roads in america can keep up with a Macan S with cobb tune @ 4.4 seconds. So i'm very much saying that we're not talking about the extreme minority here and that the Macan S (stock and tuned) are faster in 0-60 than the extreme majority of hatchbacks on the road.

·
Premium Member
2018 Macan Sport Edition
96 Posts
The base is the wrong choice for the poster who said he only drives in sport mode so he can get more power. my response was: then maybe you should've gotten a more powerful macan, so you can fully utilize the "regular mode" and "sport mode" for their respective uses.
Wrong again bucko. I'm that poster, and it definitely is not the wrong car. Sport mode lets the engine run in its intended rev range where it utilizes its power... 2500 to 4500 RPM rather than going into higher gears right away and dropping down to 1500 RPM in normal (economy) mode. Look at the torque curve and you'll understand what you clearly haven't managed to understand yet.

And when I want 'more' as you put it, there's Sport Plus. My "base" is the Sport Edition, with Sport Chrono, air suspension with PASM, 21" wheels, sport exhaust and lots of other performance options. The smaller engine doesn't hold it back from being a very fun ride, and it's perfect for sporty driving. Pretty much like a hot hatch, and the air suspension is amazing for great high speed handling. Best option available.

Yah I'm not going to drag your Cobb equipped S 0-60, but with an APR Stage 1 chip or similar there's lots of upgrade potential when my warranty runs out. Perfect car for me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
def not, 0-6

Speed is not my main goal, or else i'd own a street-illegal drag car. Speed is just one benefit the Macan S has over the base. I bought the macan for speed, luxury, brand image, handling, service quality, reliability, braking ability.

You attempted to point out that "plenty" of hatchbacks on the road are faster than the Macan S in 0-60 @ 5.0 seconds. I'm telling you that less than 1% of hatchbacks on the road go 0-60 in less than 5 seconds. And even less than 1% of all (stock & tuned) hatchbacks on the roads in america can keep up with a Macan S with cobb tune @ 4.4 seconds. So i'm very much saying that we're not talking about the extreme minority here and that the Macan S (stock and tuned) are faster in 0-60 than the extreme majority of hatchbacks on the road.
def not, 0-6

I’m not sure why you are so hung up on the % of hatchbacks that can do it, fact is there’s plenty out there that can and plenty pp buy it for that reason.

121 - 140 of 179 Posts