Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my 2020 GTS yesterday and noticed the the claimed hp and economy were 5hp and 1mpg lower, respectively, than what I read they would be. When did these change?

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
I just received my 2020 GTS yesterday and noticed the the claimed hp and economy were 5hp and 1mpg lower, respectively, than what I read they would be. When did these change?
Huh ? Beats me . I also read 375 Hp in earlier reviews. Torque also increased . The new car has got to be very nice ! How do you like it so far ?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Porsche website shows 375 hp and 19 mpg. Where did you get your hp numbers?

Max. power
375 hp

0 - 60 mph
4.7 s

0 - 60 mph with Sport Chrono Package
4.5 s

Top track speed
162 mph

Combined
19 MPG

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Porsche website shows 375 hp and 19 mpg. Where did you get your hp numbers?

Max. power
375 hp

0 - 60 mph
4.7 s

0 - 60 mph with Sport Chrono Package
4.5 s

Top track speed
162 mph

Combined
19 MPG
She came with a Macan owners manual and a small GTS supplement. My picture is from the latter. The published HWY mileage used to be 23mpg

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huh ? Beats me . I also read 375 Hp in earlier reviews. Torque also increased . The new car has got to be very nice ! How do you like it so far ?
I love her! She is my first Macan, so I have nothing to which I can compare her. I have a video of her unveiling if you’re interested

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
It probably has to do with Porsche rating on th EU scale for HPand torque. I believe they now are changing the the scale for the US which de-rates their previous ratings by 1.7% on HP not sure about torque, which I saw in another thread. That may be the difference you are seeing.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It probably has to do with Porsche rating on th EU scale for HPand torque. I believe they now are changing the the scale for the US which de-rates their previous ratings by 1.7% on HP not sure about torque, which I saw in another thread. That may be the difference you are seeing.
That must be it. Thanks for the information!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Strange. The US site still shows 375 HP. The U.K. site shows 380 PS which converts to 375 HP (rounded up). Usually in the US, we subtract parasitic losses so our numbers are usually higher. Maybe it’s just a typo?

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Strange. The US site still shows 375 HP. The U.K. site shows 380 PS which converts to 375 HP (rounded up). Usually in the US, we subtract parasitic losses so our numbers are usually higher. Maybe it’s just a typo?
Do you think my supplemental manual could have gone to press before Porsche had a more concrete figure?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts