Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 Macan GTS and use it with Carplay exclusively. The dealer had me flip the diamond button to be 'next track' as he said that worked with Carplay. However, through testing it can't find any way to skip the next track without going explicitly into music and changing it.

Should diamond work, or is there any way to enable next track with Carplay?

·
Registered
739 Posts
No go on my 2017 with CarPlay. Other than using the touchscreen you might try using Siri but not sure if that will work.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Same on my ‘17 GTS. One of my few complaints as I usually stream amazon music through CarPlay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah, it kind of sucks. I love the car, but coming from a Range Rover Velar I really miss the CarPlay integration. In the Velar the CarPlay would fill the whole screen (i.e. why are we forced to have that right side widgets? or even the left side ones too), and media playback and controls were shown on another screen with full media controls. They'd also show the current track info in the gauge cluster like the Macan, so it's clear the media information is available to the car's software. I also don't think it's specific to the Velar, as all rental cars I get for work travel have CarPlay and all have full steering wheel button controls, etc. I really hope Porsche updates their CarPlay use to embrace what's available.

I love everything else about the car, they just have to hand over entertainment/nav to our phones. I mean it's less work for them. :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
It doesn't work for me either, but here's a video of it working on a Cayman:

Is it a model thing? I'd find that strange if it were limited to certain models.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm guessing it's a bug, or something they haven't done in the new UI? At least that video has the old (traditional, full screen) CarPlay PCM software? At least in my 2020 they are running CarPlay like an app in the middle of the screen.
The tech I was working with at the dealer has a Cayenne and mentioned it worked for him, even making me set it up. Maybe it's just a Macan bug?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Okay now I’m really annoyed - ha ha. Time to get a cayman GTS I guess, I’m sure my wife will understand...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yes, the physical buttons as well as the touchscreen buttons work, but I prefer to keep my hands on the wheel when possible and eyes on the road instead of hunting for the buttons with my hand

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
On my 20 C63S, the nav screen is only controlled via the center console or steering wheel. MB idea is to never having to take your hands off the wheel.

·
Registered
344 Posts
So my fix for this is using Siri to advance the track. Not as fast as clicking a button as there is a delay when saying “hey Siri, next track” but at least I can keep my hands on the wheel and eyes on the road

·
Registered
55 Posts
It doesn't work for me either, but here's a video of it working on a Cayman:

Is it a model thing? I'd find that strange if it were limited to certain models.
That's actually my video, and on the 718forums, it doesn't work for all Cayman/Boxster owners either.

I can confirm it also does not work on my 2017 Macan GTS, and it's confusing driving the two vehicles. Haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts