Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty new to these forums but I noticed quite a bit of people are in the DFW area.
Would anyone be down to have a meet one Saturday morning and grab coffee or something? I'm right in Dallas by Love Field and could meet anywhere between here and Fort Worth.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm pretty new to these forums but I noticed quite a bit of people are in the DFW area.
Would anyone be down to have a meet one Saturday morning and grab coffee or something? I'm right in Dallas by Love Field and could meet anywhere between here and Fort Worth.
You might have better luck just going to a PCA Mavs event, it looks like there's not much Macan that shows up to these events yet, but we can definitely improve the numbers. I'm planning to join as soon as we take delivery.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Yep.... ^^^^ this.... 100%

Not to say that it deters me from going... I attempted to go several times in a row last fall... but between family/work, the FREEGIN RAIN!!!, and most of the events being over in Dallas, I just never got out to one. Next week is FINALLY over in Fort Worth... buuuut... it may be raining again. If not, I may go. Never in my 35 years here in TX have I seen the amount of rain we’ve gotten over the past 12 months (consistently I mean).... and so many of those “rainy days” have been on the weekends. Stinks.

I’m up for whatever tho... Macans definitely need to represent our presence. I drive my Macan GTS as hard (at times) as I’d drive any other car... And I’d love to put a 911 or 718 in my garage.... but between work, kids, and a 30 degree driveway, it’s gonna have to wait until retirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am in Las Colinas Irving. Hit me up when you guys wanna meet.
BTW, a few questions since you are all local:
1) do you guys have a good detailer in town?
2) What about someone who can do clear-bra?
3) Which dealer do you go to for your service/maintenance?
4) Do you have extended warranty plans on your vehicles?

·
Registered
109 Posts
nishs :

1 : Not sure.

2 : I'm curious about this, myself.

3 : I go to Autobahn on White Settlement Rd in Fort Worth. I took my BMW there for service and warranty work and they'd find & fix things (under warranty) I didn't even know were wrong with the car.

4 : Nope. Mine had too many miles on it when I bought it.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
I am in Las Colinas Irving. Hit me up when you guys wanna meet.
BTW, a few questions since you are all local:
1) do you guys have a good detailer in town?
2) What about someone who can do clear-bra?
3) Which dealer do you go to for your service/maintenance?
4) Do you have extended warranty plans on your vehicles?
1. I have always used Scott. He is an awesome dude and does a great job at a great price. He optiglossed my last Macan and is doing my new one in a few weeks.
http://www.scottwax.com/

2. Don’t do clear bras
3. I use Park Place Dallas. Recommend Justin Nevitt if you can score him as SA
4. Not sure. Just traded/sold old one as warranty was expiring

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
If we get enough people interested i’m in for a meetup

·
Registered
593 Posts
1. I have always used Scott. He is an awesome dude and does a great job at a great price. He optiglossed my last Macan and is doing my new one in a few weeks.
Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing :: Home

2. Don’t do clear bras
I use Scott as well!

If you do get clear bra, hit up Nate at NTX Clear Bra. He has the new large enough film to do the hood properly in once piece.

I go to Park Place Grapevine for warranty stuff. It's much easier for me to get to and I like that they aren't jam packed for space like Dallas. For non-warranty stuff, I'll either DIY or go to Blair Automotive or Growler.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing :: Home

2. Don’t do clear bras
I use Scott as well!

If you do get clear bra, hit up Nate at NTX Clear Bra. He has the new large enough film to do the hood properly in once piece.

I go to Park Place Grapevine for warranty stuff. It's much easier for me to get to and I like that they aren't jam packed for space like Dallas. For non-warranty stuff, I'll either DIY or go to Blair Automotive or Growler.
What does that clear bra cost?

·
Registered
168 Posts
We are going to be back in TX by July 3rd.

PEC Atlanta delivery is scheduled for Jun 27th, then heading down to Orlando for a few days before making our way back home. So, yeah definitely interested in having a get together and especially checking out @vandit awesome ride!

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
We are going to be back in TX by July 3rd.

PEC Atlanta delivery is scheduled for Jun 27th, then heading down to Orlando for a few days before making our way back home. So, yeah definitely interested in having a get together and especially checking out @vandit awesome ride!
Thx man! I’ll organize something early July!

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Would Saturday July 6 or 20th work for anyone here? We can meet late morning?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Depending on the shop/installer - anywhere from $3,500 - $6,000!
- My 1st car was a 2002 Honda Accord Coupe in Black color which I owned for 14 years in mid-west MI, OH, MN. I am sure I had some chips on the hood but nothing that was obvious - had to really look at it closely to identify it.
- My 2nd one was a 2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE, owned it for 3.5 years - I don't even remember seeing any chips on the hood.
- Both I sold to private parties who didn't even check it for any dents or chips because the condition was great for it's age.
- This Macan is my 3rd vehicle. Hence, I am a bit hesitant to spend this much money getting it wrapped - ~5% of the vehicle cost. But then again I hear that the paint on the macan is thin (size of a human hair) and being an aluminum body - it's easy for the paint to chip?

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Depending on the shop/installer - anywhere from $3,500 - $6,000!
- My 1st car was a 2002 Honda Accord Coupe in Black color which I owned for 14 years in mid-west MI, OH, MN. I am sure I had some chips on the hood but nothing that was obvious - had to really look at it closely to identify it.
- My 2nd one was a 2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE, owned it for 3.5 years - I don't even remember seeing any chips on the hood.
- Both I sold to private parties who didn't even check it for any dents or chips because the condition was great for it's age.
- This Macan is my 3rd vehicle. Hence, I am a bit hesitant to spend this much money getting it wrapped - ~5% of the vehicle cost. But then again I hear that the paint on the macan is thin (size of a human hair) and being an aluminum body - it's easy for the paint to chip?
Whoa. No way you recoup any of that upon sale. Just makes you feel better about chips. Just sold a 3 year old Macan with minimal chips and no way I recoup even $200 from a clear bra.

·
Registered
715 Posts

6th works for me... 20th does not (we’ll be flying back that day from Siesta Key family vaca). Don’t let me hold up the meet tho... if the 20th works best for everyone else, go for it!

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts

6th works for me... 20th does not (we’ll be flying back that day from Siesta Key family vaca). Don’t let me hold up the meet tho... if the 20th works best for everyone else, go for it!

Ok. Anyone else able to make the 6th work?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ah man! I can't for the 6th or the 20th. The wife (RN) is off every other weekend, and those are her weekend off. I am planning to check out Mavs & Mocha on the 13th though...

1 - 20 of 84 Posts