Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the wheels off and painstakingly cleaned and coated each wheel with Gyeon Rim last week. I think they look terrific.

(The week before I put on its annual coat of Carpro Gliss)

Attachments

· Registered
324 Posts
Curious if you find it "truly" helps with cleaning and warding off the excessive brake dust? Did you do the barrels and if so any concern on wheel weights not sticking when it comes time for new tires and a balance?

My only regret on my 2021 GTS with these wheels is not getting the PSCB's. My OCD does not play well with how after a full cleaning and then one drive they are coated in brake dust. After the normal cleaning routine, I have been using a good ceramic detail spray on them and that seems to help a little, but its minimal.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It truly helps with cleaning and warding off excessive brake dust but only for about 8-12 months. Yes, I coated the inside of the wheels but because I plan to have these tires for another 3-4 years, I'm not concerned with the weight adhesion. If you see the wheels in person, they look better than the images so I think my efforts were rewarded.

· Registered
2021 Macan S
51 Posts
They do look great, as they should after that much time and effort. I like those wheels, too, but I swore that this time I would get wheels that I could keep clean without that much effort. Fortunately my 20" Turbos fit the bill, although speaking of the bill, they were stupid-spendy but hey.

· Registered
404 Posts
The PSCB are game changers. So much easier to keep your wheels clean. I’m not looking forward to servicing those down the line but, oh well. My wheels will still look great.

Reactions: lyricgskills
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.