Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally, I don't mind the "Macan S" in the back, that way people won't confuse it with a Cayenne from a distance :D

If you chose this option, why did you do it? To be less conspicuous? Some other reason?

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
I thought the Cayenne shown above was the new one. Are you saying the Macan tails will be on the new Cayenne ? I know this is all "918 design language" that is supposed to make its way through the fleet, the but that would be pretty drastic compared to the way the Cayenne has been going.

·
Registered
972 Posts
If you chose this option, why did you do it? To be less conspicuous? Some other reason?
two reasons for me:
1) the PORSCHE letters line up perfectly with the centres of the rear taillights (at least in the configurator)
2) people won't be able to guess how Macan is pronounced; i'll get to say it first the right way :) "ma-CARN"

that said, apparently the official Porsche US pronunciation is "MAY-ken", as in, rhymes with bacon.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Dealer told me that Sapphire Blue is being made available towards end of the year; he showed one on 911 parked outside and it looks **** beautiful.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
two reasons for me:
1) the PORSCHE letters line up perfectly with the centres of the rear taillights (at least in the configurator)
2) people won't be able to guess how Macan is pronounced; i'll get to say it first the right way :) "ma-CARN"

that said, apparently the official Porsche US pronunciation is "MAY-ken", as in, rhymes with bacon.
I'm certainly not going to pronounce it like bacon! In NYC (after confirming with my dealer in our first conversation) we pronounce it like the Porsche designers do in the LA Auto show reveal... Mah-con. Where's the "r" by the way, just an Ausie accent I'm guessing? :D

·
Registered
972 Posts
I'm certainly not going to pronounce it like bacon! In NYC (after confirming with my dealer in our first conversation) we pronounce it like the Porsche designers do in the LA Auto show reveal... Mah-con. Where's the "r" by the way, just an Ausie accent I'm guessing? :D
lol the "r" was to say that it rhymes more with "barn" than "ran" :) maybe "ma-CAHN" is better as there's no "r" sound.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Definitely plasti-dipping mine in black. Whoever did that to their cayman, it looked brilliant.
I think you are referring to mine. :)

As for removing the rear badges, that's also an easy DIY job if anyone decides they don't like them. Just a hair dryer to loosen the sticky backing, some dental floss to separate the letters from the paint, and clean up with a clay bar and wax to finish off the job. It's nice that this is a $0 option from the factory. Maybe they should give some money back for not using up the super exclusive Porsche lettering. ;)

·
Registered
972 Posts
I wonder if I can ask them for the Macan S lettering separately :) Preferably 2 of them, so I can put them on the side blades.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
I think you are referring to mine. :)

As for removing the rear badges, that's also an easy DIY job if anyone decides they don't like them. Just a hair dryer to loosen the sticky backing, some dental floss to separate the letters from the paint, and clean up with a clay bar and wax to finish off the job. It's nice that this is a $0 option from the factory. Maybe they should give some money back for not using up the super exclusive Porsche lettering. ;)
Looks great, really like that look against white! I wish Porsche offered this as an option, as well as a powder coat option in the wheels.

I prefer the cleaner look in the back and will likely opt for the model delete since it centers Porsche. But as said above, it's easy to remove, I did it on my 958.

·
Registered
232 Posts
We have a Cayman S Black Edition with "Cayman S" also blacked out. It looks far better than chrome would have, but would have looked even sleeker without it. Do not like cleaning and waxing around it - it catches fibers from the cloth and traps dirt, wax, etc.
Ordered our Macan with the model deleted - only PORSCHE remains. It looks much sleeker - you can see it deleted with Porsche's 3D configurator as you spin the vehicle.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.