Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My car was delivered on Wednesday and arrived with two small scratches to the paintwork. Upon asking, the salesman said it's "normal" for new Porsche cars to arrive with small imperfections.

This is my first Porsche so I'm uncertain if this is policy or not, but I've never had a scratch arrive with a new car before.

This is a Guildford, England purchase - hoping another Briton can confirm whether or not this is acceptable.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
It depends. Be more descriptive than just scratches. How deep are they? Is the paint gone?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scratches are a big nono.
Did you accept the car at the time of delivery?
I collected the car, noticed the scratches, asked the salesman, and that's when he told me they were normal.

Is it too late to do anything about it?

·
Registered
170 Posts
If they gave you that BS at the time of collecting the car, I suppose they won't be willing to do anything about it now.
I would start by fully documenting your case (copy of e-mails, notes of conversations with your dealer, pictures, etc...) and formaly stating to your dealer that this is completely unacceptable.
If they keep telling you this is normal, you should get in touch with Porsche Cars of Great Britain and explain your case.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Normal? :eek: How about you crash a loaner car, return it and say that is also normal? Sorry but that is totally unacceptable. Probably too late but I would not buy a watch or a phone if they are scratched. That applies to a car as well.

Reactions: RJMcInnis

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
The vehicles are delivered with a protective covering on all major body panels. There should be no scratches. Contact PCNA if the dealer refuses to fix. I wouldn't have taken delivery.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I'd be a bit concerned taking my car to that dealer for service.....when it's returned with a scratch, dent, oily seat, i'd worry that they might say...oh, that's normal when any car is serviced here. I agree with others...contact the dealer sales or GM and then contact Porsche customer care.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I'm curious how you know that the scratches did not occur before it arrived at the dealer. You mentioned that the dealer scratched it. Not that it makes any difference, just curious if perhaps there are more facts that you did not mention.

Reactions: RJMcInnis

·
Registered
626 Posts
I don't think it's too late. Take pictures and go in with you story about what the rep said. The rep would have to actually lie and say he didn't have any conversation with you at turn over.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Take it back and plead your case. If they refuse contact Porsche Corporate office and plead your case. If that doesn't work, then pay the 400 bucks to take a full to half page ad in the biggest newspaper in your area and plead your case. It is not slander if it is fact.
I did that for a Cadillac I owned once and low and behold I had GM Corporate contacting me to fix the problem. It is Porsche…I all be very surprised if they don't correct the issue for you. Good Luck….

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am no brit but since we speak a similar language (American here) and since obviously folks on this forum look at this and call BS, I can tell you the bloke who told you its normal is a bloody git and he's knackered!!! Seriously, you have tons of recourse to have that corrected through Porsche. All the best mate!

·
Registered
567 Posts
OH no they didn't!!!!

Not cool.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Don't speak to that salesman again. Go right to the dealer manager. I would present your case in writing. Name the salesman in your letter.
You should have a chance to fill out a survey on the salesman & dealership & the buying process. (They do that in the USA)

This type of damage is very easy & inexpensive for them to fix. I'm very surprised they tried to get away with it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
My car was unfortunately delivered with some damage. My SA and the sales manager were both genuinely horrified and went to great lengths to make it right. They initially tried swapping the front bumper with another that was in stock (albeit, no surround camera) but that didn't end well for the donor part. They then ordered a new complete part in and changed it over and made sure i had a loaner for the whole process.
I think it's completely reasonable that you should expect a brand new car to look brand new on delivery. If your SA isn't willing to help, perhaps it's time to speak with the GM and let him know the message his staff are giving to valued customers.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My car was unfortunately delivered with some damage. My SA and the sales manager were both genuinely horrified and went to great lengths to make it right. They initially tried swapping the front bumper with another that was in stock (albeit, no surround camera) but that didn't end well for the donor part. They then ordered a new complete part in and changed it over and made sure i had a loaner for the whole process.
I think it's completely reasonable that you should expect a brand new car to look brand new on delivery. If your SA isn't willing to help, perhaps it's time to speak with the GM and let him know the message his staff are giving to valued customers.
These things happen. They shouldn't but they do. It seems that your SA and SM did a good job in trying to make this right for you. This is what service is about.
Happy to see that not all SA's are the same and some are actually about keeping the customer satisfied.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts