Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,862 Posts
Bummer!

Forgot we are the privileged bunch in the US. ;)

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
In Canada, you get to drink some of their finest dealership coffee for FREE ! So, drink up and bring your own thermos too to get your money's worth. $600 Cdn for just a simple oil change. o_O

·
Registered
2020 Macan S Sapphire Blue, Steel Built 02/20.
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
No pastries like BMW, but there are some handmade cookies. PCNT has Porsche-labelled water.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
No pastries like BMW, but there are some handmade cookies. PCNT has Porsche-labelled water.
26-month old free water from our Atlanta (USA) PEC delivery. I think it's still good (even if it's past its Best By date), and we're saving it for an emergency.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Macan
18 Posts
i got similar quotes

Plan 1: 3 years / 45000 km for $2050 cad
Plan 2: 4 years / 60,000 km for $3500 cad
Plan 3: 5 years / 75.000 km <- They no longer offer this but replaced it with

Year 5 and Year 6: Additional $1700 cad

Sitting on the fence on this maintenance plans options

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think part of the decision in the warranty is will you still have the car in 4 years time.
Is it possible you will sell to up or down trade, Is it possible that it is in an accident

I am a believer in warranties for European cars but I also know I am fickle and so I want even think about an extended warranty until I reachh 46-47 months or 48,000 miles. Now I realize that that will likely make it more expensive but I would rather pay a little more then rather than buy one now and then sell the car finding I never got to realize my investment

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
i got similar quotes

Plan 1: 3 years / 45000 km for $2050 cad
Plan 2: 4 years / 60,000 km for $3500 cad
Plan 3: 5 years / 75.000 km <- They no longer offer this but replaced it with

Year 5 and Year 6: Additional $1700 cad

Sitting on the fence on this maintenance plans options
I am going to find a good independent in the GTA for oil changes and rely on the dealer for warranty work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
In Canada, you get to drink some of their finest dealership coffee for FREE ! So, drink up and bring your own thermos too to get your money's worth. $600 Cdn for just a simple oil change. o_O
which is why I watch youtube and subscribe to forums to learn to diy maintenance items like oil changes, spark plugs and filters. well worth it to me knowing things were done right (i.e. - torqued properly).

·
Registered
2020 Macan
18 Posts
hey duhcar,

north toronto wouldn't budge on the schedule maintenance prices even up it by 300 on the 4 year plan, said it was set by corporate so can't discount.

Plan A: 3 years/45,000km $2050.00
Plan B: 4 years/60,000km $3800.00

Which independent did you end up deciding on?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for posting some Canadian extended maintenance plan pricing. Does anybody have any canadian pricing for extending the 4 yr / 80k km warranty by two years?

·
Registered
2020 Macan
18 Posts
Extended Warranty that covers from in service up to 6 years manufacture warranties with unlimited kilometers. $3495 + Tax.

I didn't care for it so never tried to negotiate. This is just full retail price.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
hey duhcar, Which independent did you end up deciding on?
Haven't decided yet as haven't needed to do anything. A Porsche loving neighbour recommended Gtek in East York. Next event will be winter tires in the fall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does the maintenance schedule stay the same in Canada except now its kilometers in stead of miles? Reason I ask is then the intervals for maintenance are shorter!!!

DoesQUOTE="wspollack, post: 2569798, member: 119674"]
Well, the three-year service plan seems a little high to me, but not overwhelmingly so. The four-year seems like a better deal. But again, it depends somewhat on mileage.

For me (2018 S) so far, and we drive a lot (33,000 miles in 26 months now):

10,000-mile service: US$0 (oil and cabin filter -- that first service is still free these days, right?)
20,000-mile service: c. US$600 (oil and cabin filter)
30,000-mile service: c. US$1,100 (oil, cabin filter, spark plugs, and brake flush, since car was c. two-years old)
40,000-mile service: c. US$Big Bucks (regular stuff and PDK?)

This is all at the local dealer, and all figures include 8% tax.

Yeah, I know, the cabin filter is easy, but if it's included in the service, why bother. And I'm old and non-nimble enough that if I got down on my back and squirmed around, I'd pull a muscle or something, so it's not worth it to me.

And folks change their own oil, even flush the PDK themselves, or use indies, yada yada. To the issue at hand, however, i.e., the question you posed regarding pre-paid service at a dealership (if I understand your question correctly), those figures seem reasonable to me, especially the longer one, and especially if you wind up driving it more than you think you will. If you really wind up driving what you think, the pre-paid figures may be a little more than you would wind up spending.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Extended Warranty that covers from in service up to 6 years manufacture warranties with unlimited kilometers. $3495 + Tax.

I didn't care for it so never tried to negotiate. This is just full retail price.
Just got quoted 4400 less 700 ...3700 canadaias the car was still undwr the 1 yr mark

21 - 40 of 49 Posts